Fort Lauderdale hotel precruise

yvrbos

Hi I am looking for a hotel that other cruisers have stayed at in Fort Lauderdale. What would you recommend? Embassy is too expensive over $300 and the other popular hotel discussed is not booking for one night on the 11th of November. I am coming in on a late flight and leaving the next morning for the cruise. Just need a place to sleep that is close to either the airport or cruise terminal.

• Like 1

If you do a little reading around the board, you will find many threads on hotels.

The common and popular area to stay that meets your needs is the 17th St area, which includes Embassy Suites and several other hotels mentioned here frequently.

The price you are seeing for Embassy Suites might indicate heavy bookings and you are only a month away, with the cruising business getting into full swing out of FLL.

I think the hotels along 17th Street will be pricey. Since you have to take some type of transportation to the port, look for hotels that are near the airport or further inland, in your price range. Some might have a shuttle but taxis and Uber/Lyft to the port aren't too expensive. If you're arriving late and only staying overnight, I think a name brand hotel will be fine.

• Like 1

Sometimes we stay in the Dania Beach/Hollywood area.  Its close to the airport (south of it) and a bit less expensive than the 17th street area.  Lots of hotels in the area.

I did notice that some hotels are already Sold Out for Nov 11, so it might be tough to find a less expensive place in the areas you mentioned.

Try the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road..........looks like they have availability for Nov 11th......advanced  payment around 250.00. And they offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

But I do agree, you are leaving in a month......not much notice really. Many folks book their hotels many months ahead of time.

One of the new Marriott hotels near the airport would be fine for a late night arrival -- either the Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport where we stayed in May or the AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale that is next door. There is a shuttle from the airport or it would be a quick Uber ride.

We stayed at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport/Dania Beach a year ago.  There were a few other hotels in that area, too, and it was convenient to both the airport and cruise port.  They had a shuttle from the airport (complementary).  

On 10/12/2022 at 5:50 PM, GetToLivin said:

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach has a member rate of $266 right now. I also just booked a cruise that leaves on the 12th today, so I feel your pain!

Are there any restaurants nearby within walking distance.  First time sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, not familiar with the city or port. 

I'm Hilton brand loyal and usually go to GalleryOne Doubletree or the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.  I like the beach resort a little better.  But the GalleryOne has the water taxi stop and some really large rooms with kitchenettes if needed.  

Priceline Express deal.  It usually isn't too hard to figure out which hotel you will get when you isolate the areas.   On some deals you can make a bed choice.  We only use the deals that offer the choice of two beds.   

Priceline VIP deals can be very cheap.   I just got the Pelican grand 40% off for mid-December.   It is refundable too until a couple of days before.   

They also offer cheap insurance.

22 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

Priceline Express deal.  It usually isn't too hard to figure out which hotel you will get when you isolate the areas.   On some deals you can make a bed choice.  We only use the deals that offer the choice of two beds.   

Priceline VIP deals can be very cheap.   I just got the Pelican grand 40% off for mid-December.   It is refundable too until a couple of days before.   

They also offer cheap insurance.

betterbidding.com will typically offer a pretty good idea of what property you will end up with on Priceline or Hotwire. They use location, amenities, and recent bookings to predict the hotel. 

Whenever my hotel choices seem very expensive whether due to location or length of stay I always take a look at Hotwire and Priceline to see what I might be able to save. I have saved thousands over the years.

• Thanks 1

If your looking for a hotel near the airport and port and are going to spend a few days and not just overnight, check our the Lago Mar.  My friends have been staying there for several trips here and love it.  Hotel is boutique type, on the water, beautiful beach, restaurant is excellent.  We have had many meals there when our friends stayed there and loved it.  They even had a private ceremony and dinner there for around 50 people.  

3 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

We stay at Embassy suites.  Open bar 5:30 - 7:30 and included buffet hot/cold breakfast and omelet station

Have you stayed there recently ... my understanding is that it is looking very tired !!!

We've moved on to our preferred hotel now being Hyatt Place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We have stayed at the Renaissance near the cruise port on multiple occasions.  
The only issue we have ever had was getting access to our room if we arrived before 4 pm.  They have almost never had rooms available for early check in.  

On 10/14/2022 at 4:04 PM, azldw said:

Are there any restaurants nearby within walking distance.  First time sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, not familiar with the city or port. 

I have stayed at the Sonesta numerous times, even for our land vacations.  It's wonderful!  Across the street from the beach!  Right around the corner is Primantis Pizza, open 24 hours a day.....very good  pizza and breakfasts - reasonably priced.  There is also a Mexican  restaurant right near the hotel.  In back of the hotel is a bar (The Parrot Lounge) which has food too....think pub food (fish and chips, sandwiches, etc.) very reasonably priced.  If you walk up the road about .7 miles, there is the Galleria Mall and the Capital Grille which is excellent.  This year, we're cruising  in Jan., and the Sonesta was way more than what we are willing to pay for the night prior.  We ended up booking the Riverside in Las Olas area on Hotwire for about $180 (plus taxes).  

• Like 1

If you don’t mind a river view instead of the ocean try Riverside.  Reasonable, grand old hotel with shopping and tons of restaurants just out the door.  Starbucks and Publix within walking distance too. Great happy hour right at the hotel.  

Embassy is convenient but that’s it.  It’s tired and dark.  Any of the other Hilton property’s are better and we’ve tried them all.  

• Like 1