Name a few little creature comforts that you miss while sailing

Travelling2Some

15 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yeah, if there's a memo about clothing and makeup requirements I must have missed that in my last 8 cruises...

As for the toilets, I just wish NCL would stop putting them in closets smaller than an airplane bathroom. I really don't need to brush my teeth at the same time someone else is pooping. 

Book the epic problem solved. 😉 

On 10/10/2022 at 5:52 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Not even close. I drink in what may be considered excess while on cruises, but have never felt drunk once. Guess they water down those cocktails more than I thought.

A mimosa with breakfast, beer with lunch, glass of wine with dinner, and cocktail after and you're way ahead of the game. Not even counting soda and juice, etc. If you don't like any of the above, just substitute with what you do enjoy.

With the FAS drink package it's a cost of about $20/day. Very well below AA levels.

We were on our first cruise with our adult daughter...lounging in the sun around the pool, when she ordered her third beer. I exclaimed (as only a mother can), "Is that your THIRD beer??" And she said yes, and explained that the cold beer warms up quickly in the sun, so she is not drinking the whole bottle. When the beer gets warm, she orders a new one. That's one way to use the drink package!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teachberry said:

We were on our first cruise with our adult daughter...lounging in the sun around the pool, when she ordered her third beer. I exclaimed (as only a mother can), "Is that your THIRD beer??" And she said yes, and explained that the cold beer warms up quickly in the sun, so she is not drinking the whole bottle. When the beer gets warm, she orders a new one. That's one way to use the drink package!

When we cruise with the family, I have to really forget that I am "the mom" when they as many drinks as they do sometimes.   My heart is saying "should you be drinking that much," my head says" not your monkey not your circus"    the struggle is real... 😉 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, melodyesch said:

Apart from my cats, I miss a bath tub.  I like to soak every night and we don’t book higher than a standard balcony.

Oh, and my liquid, flavored, sugar-free coffee creamer.

A relaxing bath is a real treat on a vacation.

But alas, NCL is removing the tubs from some of the suites. 😠

So you aren't necessarily missing out by saving the money for a regular balcony!

The 2BR Haven suites in some of the ships used to have a GLORIOUS huge window overlooking the water!  A real "Tub with a View"! 🙂 

Those are becoming huge showers instead, taking up the space of that nice tub AND the separate shower stall.

Grrrr.

GC

6 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Those are becoming huge showers instead, taking up the space of that nice tub AND the separate shower stall.

There are those who think removing the bathtubs is great news.  Some think the bathtubs are simply wasted space.   I can't even remember the last time I was in a bathtub.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, juju2454 said:

I am bring some with me on our next cruises as we get to drive to the ports!!  woo hoo.  The finger lake wines are the best!

I am also bringing a couple of bottles with me when we sail in January. We bring the train down. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, Travelling2Some said:

I'll start:  (1) my own coffee and Keurig - don't like Starbucks.  (2) my electric toothbrush.   (3)  my fuzzy slippers that are too bulky to pack.   (4)  real books - preferably hard cover.  (5)  potato chips!

P.S.  This is meant to be a non-serious FUN thread.  If you don't "see the point", think it is "unnecessary", or want to start a dopey argument over nothing, please just keep scrolling and move along.

I recall always seeing chips on the buffet line, has that changed?  Abet they had to fill that and the French fries every 15 minutes.  

On 10/15/2022 at 6:41 AM, RocketMan275 said:

There are those who think removing the bathtubs is great news.  Some think the bathtubs are simply wasted space.   I can't even remember the last time I was in a bathtub.

Yeah, while I love a bathtub, they are definitely being phased out on cruise ships and in hotels.  The last few hotels we’ve stayed in had all converted to the large showers.  Showers are easier to clean and probably waste less water.  So I’ll do my soaking at home.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:49 PM, JamieLogical said:

I hate IPAs.

I am not a fan of crap beer. I mean craft beer. I prefer a Heineken or if I am on a diet, and it is a really hot day, ice cold Bud Light. If I am on a diet and not in the mood for beer I like Grey Goose or Tito's vodka and soda with a splash of cranberry juice and a lime garnish. If not on a diet, Painkillers or Mai Tais. Frozen Mudslides for dessert or by the pool. On the latest cruise I enjoyed the Banana Rumbles.

1 minute ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I am not a fan of crap beer. I mean craft beer. I prefer a Heineken or if I am on a diet, and it is a really hot day, ice cold Bud Light. If I am on a diet and not in the mood for beer I like Grey Goose or Tito's vodka and soda with a splash of cranberry juice and a lime garnish. If not on a diet, Painkillers or Mai Tais. Frozen Mudslides for dessert or by the pool. On the latest cruise I enjoyed the Banana Rumbles.

I am amused you say you are not a fan of "crap beer" and then go on to say you like Heineken or Bud Light, but to each their own.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

To say there is no good beer on an the entire ship is ridiculous, especially a ship that has a District Brew House. I only mentioned Bud Light because I knew it would tweak the craft beer aficionados. Different people enjoy different things. It's all just beer after all. 

Edited by Cruising Lynne
  • Like 1