Name a few little creature comforts that you miss while sailing

Travelling2Some

I'll start:  (1) my own coffee and Keurig - don't like Starbucks.  (2) my electric toothbrush.   (3)  my fuzzy slippers that are too bulky to pack.   (4)  real books - preferably hard cover.  (5)  potato chips!

P.S.  This is meant to be a non-serious FUN thread.  If you don't "see the point", think it is "unnecessary", or want to start a dopey argument over nothing, please just keep scrolling and move along.

• Like 14
  • Haha 7

Potato chips for sure. My husband always ends up wasting OBC in the shop onboard to buy Pringles.

I sometimes miss my streaming channels if I am having a "down day" and just want to veg out in my stateroom. But most of the time I don't even bother turning the TV to anything other than the Navigation channel on a cruise.

Buffalo Chicken. I know they have wings at O'Sheehan's/The Local on NCL, but I don't eat meat on a bone. So I miss things like boneless wings, wing dip, and Buffalo chicken pizza while cruising. I live in Rochester, NY so we have everything from Buffalo chicken omelets to Bufalo chicken quesadillas everywhere you go.

The BIGGEST thing I miss though is good beer! I am a total craft beer snob and stick mostly to porters and stouts with the occasional Scotch Ale. Even the NCL ships with District Brew House don't have any decent (by my standards) beers.

At home, I literally drink beer every day. On a cruise, I try to get the most out of my drink package with cocktails.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I'll start:  (1) my own coffee and Keurig - don't like Starbucks.  (2) my electric toothbrush.   (3)  my fuzzy slippers that are too bulky to pack.   (4)  real books - preferably hard cover.  (5)  potato chips!

P.S.  This is meant to be a non-serious FUN thread.  If you don't "see the point", think it is "unnecessary", or want to start a dopey argument over nothing, please just keep scrolling and move along.

Second the keurig.  I dislike the coffee maker in the room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

I bring my electric toothbrush, and potato chips! Well Prinkles anyway  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

You could try this one. I haven’t tried it, but it’s tempting. 

Philips One by Sonicare

I recently switched to this as my travel toothbrush - takes up the same space as a regular toothbrush (actually, a little less) and one charge would easily last a two-week cruise. But beware, it has less power than a regular electric toothbrush (I use an Oral-B at home). For temporary use however, it is so convenient and still better than a regular toothbrush.

• Like 1

I second "my own space" and my regular tv shows, and will add a bigger closet full of clothes. I like choices. 

Of things already mentioned, I still bring "real" books and a small hot water kettle and french press (plus my favorite coffees). I like to stay in my pjs for a long time in the morning and good coffee is important to me. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, weltek said:

I second "my own space" and my regular tv shows, and will add a bigger closet full of clothes. I like choices. 

Of things already mentioned, I still bring "real" books and a small hot water kettle and french press (plus my favorite coffees). I like to stay in my pjs for a long time in the morning and good coffee is important to me. 

I love this idea!! Do the appliance police let your kettle go through without confiscating?

16 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

There is nothing like your home toilet when it's time to read the newspaper.  It's the first thing I say hi to when I get home 😁

OMG! How did I forget decent toilet paper?!?!? I am pretty picky about my toilet paper at home (Charmin Ultra Strong). I even bring some with me whenever I take road trips/land-based driving vacations.

Fun Fact: On our first cruise together, some guy coming out of one of the men's public restrooms said to my husband, "They got that John Wayne toilet paper. It don't take sh** from no one."

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 5
  • Haha 9