Name a few little creature comforts that you miss while sailing

Travelling2Some

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Never knew I could get so dang attached to an animal!

Your cat is very cute.

Some cats definitely have more personality than others. I used to have a black cat with green eyes that I was very attached to. She would greet me at the door every night and liked to play fetch. Now I enjoy coming home and not having to vacuum right away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The original with the silver foil or the dark with the gold foil?

He doesn't sound like a dark beer drinker.

Here's to good friends, tonight is kinda special
The beer we'll pour
Must say something more somehow
So tonight, tonight, let it be Lowenbrau.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, Travelling2Some said:

I'll start:  (1) my own coffee and Keurig - don't like Starbucks.  (2) my electric toothbrush.   (3)  my fuzzy slippers that are too bulky to pack.   (4)  real books - preferably hard cover.  (5)  potato chips!

P.S.  This is meant to be a non-serious FUN thread.  If you don't "see the point", think it is "unnecessary", or want to start a dopey argument over nothing, please just keep scrolling and move along.

Look for the chips  at buffet..they do have them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunshine55 said:

Look for the chips  at buffet..they do have them

So a few people have said:)  Must be a bit of a new development.  I have noticed they now come with sandwiches in The Local.  Just to be clear, I did mean "chips" in the American usage, the things people in the UK call "crisps".

38 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

So a few people have said:)  Must be a bit of a new development.  I have noticed they now come with sandwiches in The Local.  Just to be clear, I did mean "chips" in the American usage, the things people in the UK call "crisps".

Yes, I'm talking potato chips..We've sailed a lot..they have been in buffet for some time also at O'Sheehan's or Local.  Bring a baggie and fill it up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Yes, it's real

image.png.3a369da0d50a8e23baf9ad8b3dcc6c90.png

I don't even like IPAs and I can't help but think that is wrong on multiple levels.

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Brewed with slivered onions and pickles.

Well, that probably wouldn't make it any worse. 

• Haha 1

It used to be, on NCL, Diet Coke (I am a simple girl, really).  That has been resolved, thankfully.

Now, I miss a nice, soft, pillowy mattress.  Left to our own devices, my DH and I would sleep on a marshmallow.  Some of those NCL mattresses feel like a bed o' bricks.  Ouch, my poor hips and back!

• Haha 1

What is it about pringles?    I never eat them at home, but about 5 days out of the country and I crave pringles.  Maybe it is that they are just so darn American?   Maybe it is the salt?   I never salt my food but maybe in America my food just comes with more salt?   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ysolde said:

It used to be, on NCL, Diet Coke (I am a simple girl, really).  That has been resolved, thankfully.

Now, I miss a nice, soft, pillowy mattress.  Left to our own devices, my DH and I would sleep on a marshmallow.  Some of those NCL mattresses feel like a bed o' bricks.  Ouch, my poor hips and back!

Our last cruise in the Haven I slept on the second most comfortable bed in my life. I swear that was the best part of the Haven Lol