Laundry Service for Platinum

ober134

What exactly do you want to know? There should be a paper bag in the cabin closet or the desk/vanity drawer along with the Laundry List form which has an area that specifies the Platinum/Diamond free laundry benefit. Fill in the proper folio number, fill the bag, and put the slip in it, and hand it to the cabin attendant. That's it!

• Like 2

Love, love, love the laundry service on CCL.  I have found if I include a $5 bill with the laundry list I get my laundry back the same day when given to steward in morning.  Have never had any problems as I do not put anything delicate or anything I am afraid would shrink in as they wash everything in hot water.  If you need more laundry bags or lists (they seem to only be putting one in the cabin drawer now) just ask your steward and they will gladly give you more.  Love going home with clean clothes!

• Like 1

One of the best perks !!  We send pretty well everything out and have never had a problem with our clothes. It will come in handy next week we are on an 8 day cruise get off spend a night in miami and then we are going on a 4 day cruise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dorchrislen said:

Does anyone know if this can be done the first evening? We are going to be at Disney for six nights first and would like to get the laundry done right away. 

Of course you can submit a bag of laundry the 1st night. Just remember you'll just need to notify the cabin attendant who will be very,very busy greeting all the new guests. Don't be surprised if you don't receive it back the next day. 

Guest BasicSailor
On 10/12/2022 at 6:26 PM, ober134 said:

Thanks for the comments. Very helpful.... Specifically wanted to hear if anyone had any items damaged or recommend what to send or not send out. 

Will they shrink, you betcha 😲

We’ve been platinum for quite a while and haven’t had any problems with their laundry service. No fading, color bleeding, or shrinkage. I’m quite surprised because I heard the same tale about the hot water. I send in underwear, T-shirts, shorts, slacks, blouses, bras, just about everything and haven’t had a problem yet. 

• Like 3

On 10/12/2022 at 3:30 PM, sternfanla said:

I have heard they put all of your items in a mesh bag and put it in very hot water with a lot of other peoples clothes.  

My wife wont let them do her laundry. I have not had a problem with coloring or shrinkage. 

You are correct.  A shirt from my DH suffered from shrinkage many years ago.  Have not used the perk since.

• Like 1

Good perk - helpful on B2 B and longer than a week cruises.  I send out tees, shorts, briefs, sox, never an issue.

See the new guidance for Diamond/Plat reimbursement:  Moving forward, certain VIFP amenities will be linked to your Sail & Sign folio for electronic redemption, like how we currently handle complimentary laundry.  Simply claim your benefit, using your Sail & Sign card, and a one-time credit for that item will be posted on your folio and be visible on your statement.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 2:27 PM, ober134 said:

Newly Plat - finally. Next cruise is 8 days plus flying 2 days ahead. We try to pack carry on only when possible. I've seen random comments here about this comped service. Any tips or personal experience? TIA

Smaller laundry bags but you get 3 free.  We sent one to two at a time.  It's free so don't look a gift horse in the mouth - meaning they may wash with others - you'll never know.  We had no issues for the many times we've used them.  Even for ironing.  they'll usually come back same day if you get them out earlier in the day.  They'll be folded - some may be hung.

Again, never had an issue and always send it out to save time!

On 10/21/2022 at 10:02 PM, BasicSailor said:

Will they shrink, you betcha 😲

On 10/22/2022 at 12:46 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Straight from George's mouth...(Seinfeld)

Seriously, I tried the laundry twice and I don't understand how so many people are pleased with the service because everything cotton came back shrunk and everything white came back whitish-grey, two times out of two.  Not worth free.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have had a ton of laundry done by carnival and never had any problems with shrinkage or anything else. I would not send delicate items, but that pretty much goes without saying for any laundry service unless you are doing dry cleaning.  I fit quite a bit into their laundry bag. 

We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids) and were in the UK from the US for over 3 weeks.  We flew with 4 carry-ons and 1 checked bag because we were nervous about our luggage getting lost at LHR.  When we did an Alaska cruise, we flew with only carry-ons.   

• Like 1