Enchanted princess how is the pizza on the ship and do they offer salads. Eggplant etc at the pizza location

uncleboo

Hi all

What do they call the pizza place on enchanted princess anyone been there lately and have the pizza has it been good do they also serve salads an eggplant sandwiches or eggplant  or other delicious items? Thank you all for your help . I will be sailing  before you know it so I won’t be bothering you with any other questions or if you have any questions and you want me to find something out for my sailing just drop me a post

In Feb./March 2022 they had the full menu in Gigi's including my favorite ravioli.  However, I read somewhere on this board or on Facebook that they only have pizza now.  I don't know if that's true or not, but I hope it's not true.  We're on for 20 days in Feb./March 2023, and I would miss the ravioli and the salads.

Edited by FritzG

45 minutes ago, FritzG said:
46 minutes ago, FritzG said:

However, I read somewhere on this board or on Facebook that they only have pizza now.  I don't know if that's true or not, but I hope it's not true.

I was on the Oct 8th sailing ........... NOT TRUE. 

Agnolotti was very good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritzG said:

In Feb./March 2022 they had the full menu in Gigi's including my favorite ravioli.  However, I read somewhere on this board or on Facebook that they only have pizza now.  I don't know if that's true or not, but I hope it's not true.  We're on for 20 days in Feb./March 2023, and I would miss the ravioli and the salads.

I can't answer for right now but they had the full menu September 2 - 17, 2022. That's the most recent info that I've got. Word of warning, that apple tart is HUGE. I could only finish 1/2 and I skipped the minestrone. Just salad, eggplant, dessert. Another time I did have pizza then tiramisu so they still had that too. I did not have ravioli 

23 hours ago, Ombud said:

I can't answer for right now but they had the full menu September 2 - 17, 2022. That's the most recent info that I've got. Word of warning, that apple tart is HUGE. I could only finish 1/2 and I skipped the minestrone. Just salad, eggplant, dessert. Another time I did have pizza then tiramisu so they still had that too. I did not have ravioli 

We were just on the Island about 3 weeks ago on a Northern Europe (North Sea) sailing.  They only did Alfredo's once as a "pop-up" in Sabatini's.  They only did pizza in this scenario.  It was good...but I thought it really strange that they didn't even do salad!

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:27 PM, deepcman said:

Could you please elaborate on how your comments correspond to the questions raised by the OP.  Or were you just posting to let us know you were on the Island Princess 3 weeks ago. 🤷‍♂️

My sincerest apologies if I have offended...

I was commenting on the fact that the "pop-up" Alfredo's did not serve the normal full menu.  More than one person above mentioned that "they only had pizza".

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I was commenting on the fact that the "pop-up" Alfredo's did not serve the normal full menu.  More than one person above mentioned that "they only had pizza".

You have nothing to apologize for.  I don't see how your post could have offended anyone.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On Regal recently, the host made a point of telling everyone who approached the podium for lunch on departure day that they were only serving pizza and no other items. He couldn’t have been more emphatic. But when we sat down and ordered we asked if we could get the agnolotti and the waiter said “Sure”. The menu handed to us on that day was much more limited than we were used to. Later in the week we returned for lunch on a Sea Day and the larger menu was handed to us. So my words of wisdom is that things can vary ship to ship, and even within the same ship from day to day. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1

I ate at Gigi's on the Enchanted just Friday night.  I had a salad and split a pizza.  They had a couple pasta dishes, calzones, salad, soup and of course Pizza.  I thought the pizza was good, better than the pizza on the Lido deck.  It was never busy the entire cruise but we were only sailing at about 57% capacity.  Lovely cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/28/2022 at 9:40 PM, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

We ate at Gigi's one night for dinner on The Enchanted`s 10/15 to 10/22 sailing.   They had salads, minestrone soup, a few types of pizza, calzone, a rolled eggplant dish and tiramasu on the menu (that I remember). We thought the food was good and it was a nice, relaxed atmosphere.  

We also had the rolled eggplant dish and thought it was OK but they changed the recipe we remember from previous cruises and just not as good. We would still order it again. 

On 10/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

You owe no apology. Your comment sharing your recent Alfredo's experience was perfectly appropriate. I appreciate the info. 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:27 PM, deepcman said:

Could you please elaborate on how your comments correspond to the questions raised by the OP.  Or were you just posting to let us know you were on the Island Princess 3 weeks ago. 🤷‍♂️

Ask yourself how you are contributing to OP’s questions.

——

To OP-

Am on Enchanted now. Gigi’s menu is on app and it has the menu described by suekel . It has not been busy this week- we have only 1700 passengers on-board. All 3 dining rooms are open too. 
Will post after we dine at GiGis on Thursday. 

• Like 1