Egg drop?

Storm Monkey

I love the egg drop!  I know some people find it silly and cheesy, but it's fun to see the inventive contraptions people put together.  I especially love it when a child wins.  I hope it's not another victim of covid.

• Like 1

We had Egg Drop Challenge on the Discovery Princess Pacific Coastal from Vancouver to LA in late September this year - they asked for passengers to sign up on the first sea day and the event was on the last sea day. Only one lady actually turned up with her parachute and egg basket but she did a fantastic job!

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

I was on the Sapphire last month for a ten-day.  I stumbled on the egg drop one day (I’d never seen it).  It was hysterical.  Some of the ones you’d never thought would survive did.  I ended up spending and hour there.  It was fun.

• Like 2

They held it in the piazza on Grand Princess in May and the noise totally ruined our lunch in Alfredo's and made conversing with Guest Services impossible.  Like fun and games but just NOT in the piazza.

2 hours ago, Senga said:

They held it in the piazza on Grand Princess in May and the noise totally ruined our lunch in Alfredo's and made conversing with Guest Services impossible.  Like fun and games but just NOT in the piazza.

Well, since they have to drop the egg from a high place, there are few other places to choose from on the ship.  It's the egg DROP.  🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Senga said:

Maybe they should discontinue all the other activities that are held in the Piazza also.....like dancing, champagne pouring, concerts, games, or any music for that matter. 

LOL😄😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Senga said:

totally ruined our lunch

While I am not a fan of loud entertainment in the Piazza at night that forces Crooners to be devoid of a live performance, I think the Piazza is purpose built for afternoon fun and games. People have plenty of lunch options if noise in the Piazza is an issue for them. And I don’t see how an egg drop could ruin the food in Alfredo’s unless a wayward shell fragment landed on a pizza. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, Senga said:

I think many of the Princess games are just silly, ridiculous and childish.  Princess passengers give Carnival passengers a hard time for some of the games they have onboard but Princess games are just as nonsensical as Carnival's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

I think many of the Princess games are just silly, ridiculous and childish.  Princess passengers give Carnival passengers a hard time for some of the games they have onboard but Princess games are just as nonsensical as Carnival's.

Yep.  Time to switch to Oceana or Silver Seas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm a big fan of the egg drop and the paper airplane contest! Yes, they're silly, ridiculous and childish, but they're also very popular with a lot of folks. I especially like the egg drop when the person running it gets everybody chicken dancing between drops. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

You’re absolutely right.

My husband loves it. 

My favorite games memory on Princess was the hole in one competition down the grand staircase on the Pacific Princess. My husband loved that, too. One day, it started and the staff at the Guest Relations Desk, which was right there at the bottom and the recipient of most of the errant golf balls, realized he wasn’t there and phoned our cabin. He was gone in a flash.  

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You’re absolutely right.

My husband loves it. 

My favorite games memory on Princess was the hole in one competition down the grand staircase on the Pacific Princess. My husband loved that, too. One day, it started and the staff at the Guest Relations Desk, which was right there at the bottom and the recipient of most of the errant golf balls, realized he wasn’t there and phoned our cabin. He was gone in a flash.  

Sigh... I loved that staircase.  Perfect place for photos.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

Very silly.

And childish.

So much fun.

Put a lot of thought into my parachute contraption that could only be made by items from onboard. The cushioning made by cutting up straws I thought was inspirational.

And, I won!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ScreaMa said:

Very silly.

And childish.

So much fun.

Put a lot of thought into my parachute contraption that could only be made by items from onboard. The cushioning made by cutting up straws I thought was inspirational.

And, I won!

I believe that this is something they've just started recently.:classic_sad:

I'll have to redesign my whole previous tested contraption.