Rooms across from elevators

lihill630

Hello,

We are booked on the Bliss in Sept. We have a room on the 15th floor and right across from the elevators by the spa (on the 16th floor). Do we need to worry about noise from the elevators? We've never cruised on NCL before and a bit worried. We booked with a group of people and we didn't really get a room choice.  Wondering if I need to call and try and move my room??  

12 minutes ago, lihill630 said:

Hello,

We are booked on the Bliss in Sept. We have a room on the 15th floor and right across from the elevators by the spa (on the 16th floor). Do we need to worry about noise from the elevators? We've never cruised on NCL before and a bit worried. We booked with a group of people and we didn't really get a room choice.  Wondering if I need to call and try and move my room??  

We had a room across from the elevators on the Breakaway and never heard a thing. 

• Like 1

OK refer to the deck diagram for BLISS deck 15:

Norwegian Bliss Deck 15 Deck Plans (cruisedeckplans.com)

Note that the stateroom passageway has a walled partition separating the passageway

for the back of the elevators.

To use the elevators you have to go around that partition into foyer containing the 8 elevators.

Also note that the stairs are close by but are also separated by

a partition (that thin grey line).

That being noted - the only real time of a great deal of traffic is usually in the morning -

departing for breakfast or leaving the ship for excursions. And then at night the dinner

and show entertainment crowds.

But have no fear you should not be bothered between those times  - - -

No elevator gong gong bing bing announcements of the elevator awaits your pressing

deck buttons - the elevators are out of sight around the corner !

There is no real alarm for being next to the elevator banks -

Advantage of being able to walk outside your stateroom door and have an elevator

at your command.

Now about that deck 16 SPA - these are quiet places of solitude - no problem there !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
  • Like 2

The elevator lobby is well separated from the guest area. That being said, can loud discussions and play continue into the hall,,,, yes,,,, but that is true of any hall. 

Because we have mobility issues, we always have rooms near elevator lobbies and never have any problems. 

I try to book near elevators whenever possible.  It’s so convenient vs navigating the hallways.  Never had an issue with noise on any cruise or cruise line.  Plus, those cabins are easier to find given people’s erroneous belief that they are noisier.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

It's fairly far from the stairs and elevator lobby/bank - these are AFT photos (Deck 15 - port side) on the Joy, sister ship to the Bliss if I am not mistaken.  Ours were about 3 cabins further back, and below the Galaxy Pavilion (that's another story by itself when one of the virtual reality, race car, was "on")  OT, ours directly opposite the "white space" - crew access only corridor with stairs & service elevators, and interior area where jumbo service & luggage carts are stored / kept / moved around (absolutely zero noise, except during embarkation & morning of disembarkation with the frenzy "movements" among everyone.) 

PXL_20220922_015655310.jpg

PXL_20220922_015706156.jpg

PXL_20220922_015712851.jpg

PXL_20220918_214127765.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I've never understood why they don't make those rooms closest to the elevators the handicap accessible ones. Wouldn't that make sense?

Never really thought about it before but actually it would make a lot of sense.

Thanks everyone.  I talked to my Hubby yesterday and he wasn't super worried about it so I'm not going to change.

I was not super worried about conversations and things like that, more if we would be disturbed during the night by the elevator when others come and go from their rooms. Sounds like its not going to be an issue.