Elite Happy Hour

sunsetme

We have the drink package. We usually have a glass of wine and an appetizer in the Vista Lounge if open at 4:30 before going down for dinner. Doubt we would do that if we had to go all the way up to Skywalkers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Since it is less attended these days, It's a great, uncrowded venue and there are good snacks available.  You can use your package to order whatever you want and not be crowded out!  Also, the bartenders are usually superior as they are used to dealing with the "elite" crowd!

Sorry, but what is “elite crowd” you speak of?  We have elite loyalty status, but the bartenders don’t treat us any differently than anyone else, nor would we want them to.  I doubt if they’re superior because they’re used to us super important people, but because they are simply good at their job.  Some of us are elite status, but apparently some of us are elitists.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

If it is in a Skywalkers, or even Club 15 on the Grand, we go, those are nice venues.  If it is in a Vista Lounge, Meh.

35 minutes ago, billco said:

We have the drink package. We usually have a glass of wine and an appetizer in the Vista Lounge if open at 4:30 before going down for dinner. Doubt we would do that if we had to go all the way up to Skywalkers.

Luv it, different strokes for different folks.  It is all good.

Then we probably cross paths after dinner and chat it up.

19 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Sorry, but what is “elite crowd” you speak of?  We have elite loyalty status, but the bartenders don’t treat us any differently than anyone else, nor would we want them to.  I doubt if they’re superior because they’re used to us super important people, but because they are simply good at their job.  Some of us are elite status, but apparently some of us are elitists.  

Until the last sentence, I agreed with you.  My wife and I say that we made elite because of the superior treatment we received from day one.

But your last sentence was not necessary.

It makes you sound, oops, never mind. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just off the Island Princess for 38 days. Happy Hour was in the Explorer's Lounge as the Island has not Skywalkers or Vista Lounge. The snacks were in the dark and dreary back corner. We attended only a couple of times mostly on sea days as it was right after the afternoon Bingo session. Never saw a large number of people in there.

12 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Until the last sentence, I agreed with you.  My wife and I say that we made elite because of the superior treatment we received from day one.

But your last sentence was not necessary.

It makes you sound, oops, never mind. 😉

Sorry, but except for our loyalty status with Princess and Celebrity, we are far, far from being elite people.  We live on a farm northwest of Toronto and you will find us most often in our rubber boots picking up dog poop from the dogs we foster (Samoyeds).  We clean up nicely when we cruise so as not to offend anyone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Just off the Island Princess for 38 days. Happy Hour was in the Explorer's Lounge as the Island has not Skywalkers or Vista Lounge. The snacks were in the dark and dreary back corner. We attended only a couple of times mostly on sea days as it was right after the afternoon Bingo session. Never saw a large number of people in there.

Agree, the PES experience on Island is by far the worst.

58 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I thought I saw one where there was actually a couple performing some light entertainment.

Maybe that is rare?  Or maybe that was some other thing.

They had someone playing the piano on the sapphire last month

19 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Agree, the PES experience on Island is by far the worst.

We were on the Island  for 30 days and it was great for us. We went almost every night and met our friends there. They had club class dining, so we didn't have dinner with them (we would have, but the ship was so crowded that the dining experience was far different for club class compared to regular, quicker and better service for them so we wanted them to enjoy that benefit. 

Food was good, service was good and there was live music every night!  For us, the best part was there were so few people because of the large amount of covid  on board.  It was one of the few things I did enjoy on the Island. 

• Like 4

We went everyday on our last cruise on Royal because it was in the Vista Lounge.  We were in an aft cabin as usually so we always walked by Vista while it was going on.  We tend to forget about it if it is at Skywalkers.   Royal had someone playing piano and the apps were very good. 

• Like 3

We used to love going when friends would take us with them years ago - before we reached Plat status.  And it was a good place to meet up with friends before heading out for the evening.  But over the years we found that the drink specials weren't anything we cared for, and neither of us were ever too excited about snacks on our way to dinner.  So it just never really became a habit - we didn't go at all on our last cruise - we'll see what happens on our Christmas cruise.

8 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Until they actually offer some really good appetizers, I doubt if we'll rush back anytime soon. 

How to you know if you do not visit.  Princess does provide a list on the special item featured each day, but there are other items.  We find the desirability of the appetizers vary.  

When we attended in May it was because we had friends on the cruise who didn't have Princess Plus. They were there for the nosh and the discounted drinks and we were happy to meet them there. We had Princess Plus so we just ordered what we wanted and had a small bit to eat. We had a good time with good people.

• Like 3