Toilet Paper Quality

I know this is somewhat a joke, but as i was using the facilities onboard apex this month I noticed the tp quality was very low tier. Does this stay consistent in suites? I've never had a suite cabin so I'm curious. If better than other staterooms, that would be something to add to the suite ammenities: 2 ply toilet paper.

😂

• Haha 6

Just now, TeaBag said:

I agree that the TP is thin ply.   We have thought of packing our own.

Best not to do that, as mentioned above, the onboard plumbing and waste processing isn’t able to handle more luxurious options…

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

We were on Millennium last week and I noted that the TP in the cabin (Royal Suite) was a slightly better quality in the cabin vs the public restrooms. That is not to say it was plush, by any means, but it was a small step above. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Be prepared to pay a substantial fine (it's listed somewhere) if you clog the plumbing by using your own Charmin or Cottonelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

We were on Millennium last week and I noted that the TP in the cabin (Royal Suite) was a slightly better quality in the cabin vs the public restrooms. That is not to say it was plush, by any means, but it was a small step above. 

My delicate backside thanks you for conducting that survey. 😁

• Haha 2

We are RVers and very aware of what can screw up sewage systems.  Only 3 things should go into a toilet, and you have to be very careful about which TP is used.

I don' t recommend you bring your own.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

Be prepared to pay a substantial fine (it's listed somewhere) if you clog the plumbing by using your own Charmin or Cottonelle

How would they prove what cabin it came from or what brand? Unless the plug was right where the cabin line entered the main line, it’s anybody's guess. We’ve been on several cruises where this has happened and have never heard of any investigations to find out who the culprit was.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Last cruise, I forgot and accidentally tossed a tissue into the toilet .... later when we returned there was a note warning about throwing anything other than their TP... so did we have a plumbing issue while we were gone? If so.. I hope it wasn't my tissue... but I did not do that again.

6 minutes ago, kearney said:

Last cruise, I forgot and accidentally tossed a tissue into the toilet .... later when we returned there was a note warning about throwing anything other than their TP... so did we have a plumbing issue while we were gone? If so.. I hope it wasn't my tissue... but I did not do that again.

That may have been a coincidence.  The kleenex is right beside toilet and so easy to throw in accidentally. I'm guilty of doing that on occasion myself but I'm not sure if that alone would cause clogging issues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

That may have been a coincidence.  The kleenex is right beside toilet and so easy to throw in accidentally. I'm guilty of doing that on occasion myself but I'm not sure if that alone would cause clogging issues. 

It might have been a coincidence ... I think it happened early in the cruise.. so perhaps everyone got one.. I just don't recall seeing this before...

• Like 1