Scrapnana (Kathi) Update

SJSULIBRARIAN

Kathi,

Thanks for the good news update. I know we talked about Pole to Pole while on Grand Africa 2022. We may do last half, if segments are offered. Hope to see you there!

The baby blanket where you kindly helped me correct my knitting, was well received. Granddaughter almost one!

Enjoy the Caribbean, especially the veranda! How many beautiful shawls will you bring?

Take care!

Sandy

• Like 4

Good to hear you have beaten your cancer. I'm glad you will have friends to support you on your trial cruise and hoping you can make the pole to pole next year. You should be able to get some knitting done on your balcony.

I understand about losing inches and the limitations in walking without a rollator. I can get quite a brisk pace, with something to lean on, plus a seat if I need it.

Take care and I'm looking forward to hearing about your cruise. Best wishes.

• Like 2

So glad to hear that you have a cruise you feel confident you can handle.  I will make one suggestion.  You might consider using Luggage Forward for your major bags so you have a little less to deal with going to or from the ship.

Roy

• Like 7

So pleased to read your first-hand report of your progress! Very happy for you that you feel able to do another cruise---or two! 

My step-son's mother was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma 24 years ago, and has been living a full life---with just a few breaks to beat it back down again---ever since. 
I wish you the same good fortune. 

• Like 9

So happy to hear from you and that you beat the cancer. Hoping your cruise in March goes well for you so that you will feel confident doing the Pole to Pole. Take it easy and let people assist you when needed. You've been through a lot and deserve future cruise experiences.

• Like 3

God Bless you!  Take one day at a time and always celebrate the little victories!

Your friends offer support and love!  We all missed hearing from you! 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻

• Like 1

So good to hear from you, @Scrapnana

We are just going to miss you. We're on the 9 day Rotterdam at the end of March. Rest assured that we will be out waving as you sail out Port Everglades. Very happy that you are going back to sea.

• Like 1

Dear Kathi, I am so glad to hear from you!  It is great news that you are cancer free!  You are a very strong woman and we all love you!  

I am so glad to hear that you will be enjoying your next cruise in March and it was so heartwarming to hear how your friends will be there to help you!  It will be a great first step towards 2025 and many others.  I also look forward to your trip reports and photos because I love your perspective.

Thank you again for dropping in to tell us how you are!

• 4 weeks later...

I’m thrilled to hear of your victory over cancer and your return to the wonderful world of cruising! If you ever need one in the future, electric mobility scooters provide such wonderful freedom to be able to be independent and enjoy life despite limited mobility. I can’t wait to read your live from!