Malaga Spain

OBRN1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Alhambra is a must see....gorgeous palace and surrounding property and gardens.

Agree - we did a tour from the port (with lots of buses going the same way).  Tour guide is miked so it was easier to hear as it was very busy at the Alhambra.  Weather was perfect in October.

• Like 2

I just recently took a side trip to Mijas in Nov. Fun tour, not overcrowded and included a Chocolate factory tour, with a tasting with wine. Yum!

My friend has taken the HOHO bus and also had a great time. Very cool city. Since Pablo Picasso was born here, you will see a lot of his influence in the city.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Fabulous port, narrow streets with amazing restaurants, a beautiful cathedral, a good walk up to  the castle. One of my favourite ports. 

Thats my biggest Royal disappointment.

They stopped cruising out of Malaga.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Note that the 1st of May is the Spanish equivalent of the Labor Day holiday in the US. Some places will be shut. Check the opening calendar of any site you might be thinking of visiting.

Thanks for the reminder. Been caught out with the Santa Maria day in October before.

I'm on Explorer Ta and get into Malaga on the 3rd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Majmaj4, how walking friendly is it or wheelchair accessible?  My husband can walk slowly and sometimes needs to rest.  Mile walks are not so good. He can do it if there are places he can sit.  We will also have a wheelchair on board if necessary. This will be our first time to Europe. We will be on the TA from Rome to Lauderdale 

Hello,

The Alhambra is my #1 suggestion. If an excursion is not offered by Royal you will have to book in advance and select a time (that may not tie-in with the ship's movements).

My #1 not serious suggestion is (was) an 'Authentic Flamenco' show with refreshments. Glass of wine and some cheese - fine; three women working-up a sweat stamping on the floor - fine; guitarist - fine; singer - what singer? If the range of the human voice is, say, two octaves then that's 24 notes - this singer used about 1 and a half of them and the only word I could hear was "Ah-ha".

Regards,

Cublet

On 1/15/2023 at 12:36 PM, John&LaLa said:

Cordoba is a nice alternate to Granada and the Alhambra. Tough choice for first time.

I would recommend Ronda, as well, cool history of bull fighting and the town built on a cliff.  

JC

• Like 2

I absolutely recommend a visit to Alhambra. Just spectacular and you’ll be standing where Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand ruled as well as where their daughter Catherine of Aragon grew up before leaving to eventually become the first wife of England’s King Henry VIII ! The history takes my breath away. 🤗

• Like 1

Loved our two day visit to Alhambra while doing a land vacation in Spain.  Problem for me is you are probably looking at 4 hours in a tour bus, and I hate those kind of excursions.  That said it is an absolute bucket list tour.

jc

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 7:40 PM, missaud said:

Majmaj4, how walking friendly is it or wheelchair accessible?  My husband can walk slowly and sometimes needs to rest.  Mile walks are not so good. He can do it if there are places he can sit.  We will also have a wheelchair on board if necessary. This will be our first time to Europe. We will be on the TA from Rome to Lauderdale 

If you’re doing the Rome to Florida route you must be on the TA in October.. we’re on the and we have an active roll call that may be able to help you with excursions.