Dress code in MDR - For Breakfast/Lunch NOT Dinner.

PaulC29

7 hours ago, PaulC29 said:

So we've all heard/read the DINNER MDR dress code debate - what about for Breakfast/Lunch?  Shorts -yes/no,  T-shirts, yes/no 

Absolutely OK. Even for dinner on casual evenings. 

39 minutes ago, rma2001 said:

Honest question - what does the MDR offer for breakfast/lunch?  We have always been Horizon court people.  I didn't even know they did breakfast/lunch.

Breakfast is pretty much the same as the buffet with a few items like French toast made special or eggs Benedict.

It just takes to long to go to the DR for us to bother wasting the time. Usually over a hour to eat a simple breakfast. 

By the time you finished breakfast all the lounge chairs at the pool will be reserved. 😖

• Haha 1

Shorts and tshirts are fine for breakfast and lunch in the MDR.  The only restrictions would be that you need to be wearing (clothing and) footwear and there are no bathing suits (or robes) allowed.  (Yes, I’ve seen people trying to get in while wearing a robe).  
I add clothing and robe because I’m trying to answer your question seriously but some of the smart axxxx will try to jump on that statement.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rma2001 said:

Honest question - what does the MDR offer for breakfast/lunch?  We have always been Horizon court people.  I didn't even know they did breakfast/lunch.

MDR- Sit down table service,usually takes about an hour or so. The operating hours are in the Patter/ newsletter or I believe now on the app. Breakfast usually closes about 9 AM ,sometimes 930. And I would say lunch is usually noon to 1:30pm.

I can’t say it enough ,the Patter or the app (  I have not cruised with the medallion yet ) tells you everything ,look there for information . Plenty of people post the Patters and menus in their live from‘s. So I’ve read quite a few Patters/menus since the restart .

For breakfast they serve chilled juices, fresh fruit, compotes, cereals, yogurt, egg dishes, from the sea which is smoked salmon/ cream cheese on a bagel , pancakes, bacon, ham, sausage, hashbrowns and bakery items. There is usually two specials of the morning. An example would be Maine blueberry pancakes and Alaska scrambler. Lunch is a few appetizers, a few entrée choices, and dessert choices. You order it all at once for lunch. 

We are usually main dining room people ,we like to be served on vacation .we do the buffet very occasionally 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well...I think there's only one logical "next step" in this conversation... What about the dress code for Room Service in your cabin? 😄

Definitely "birthday suit".

You will be checked at the door.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well...I think there's only one logical "next step" in this conversation... What about the dress code for Room Service in your cabin? 😄

I like to wear my “dress” pajamas.   No rips or holes.  Closed toe slippers.  You know, the usual cabin attire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/25/2023 at 10:02 AM, arizonaperson said:

MDR- Sit down table service,usually takes about an hour or so. The operating hours are in the Patter/ newsletter or I believe now on the app. Breakfast usually closes about 9 AM ,sometimes 930. And I would say lunch is usually noon to 1:30pm.

I can’t say it enough ,the Patter or the app (  I have not cruised with the medallion yet ) tells you everything ,look there for information . Plenty of people post the Patters and menus in their live from‘s. So I’ve read quite a few Patters/menus since the restart .

For breakfast they serve chilled juices, fresh fruit, compotes, cereals, yogurt, egg dishes, from the sea which is smoked salmon/ cream cheese on a bagel , pancakes, bacon, ham, sausage, hashbrowns and bakery items. There is usually two specials of the morning. An example would be Maine blueberry pancakes and Alaska scrambler. Lunch is a few appetizers, a few entrée choices, and dessert choices. You order it all at once for lunch. 

We are usually main dining room people ,we like to be served on vacation .we do the buffet very occasionally 

Add to breakfast the roaming servers with Danish, crescents, marmalade, and jams.
On a sea day it makes a nice relaxing start to the day!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Times Prince said:

Add to breakfast the roaming servers with Danish, crescents, marmalade, and jams.
On a sea day it makes a nice relaxing start to the day!

There's nothing like a cold Danish in the morning. 😁 

We usually don't get up early enough to make it to breakfast in MDR. 🤪 Oddly enough we made it to MDR breakfast twice on our last cruise. On one of those days Eggs Benedict wasn't actually listed on the menu but I was able to order it anyway. It never hurts to ask.

A tip: If you order Eggs Benedict ask for extra Hollandaise on the side. They often don't put near enough sauce on to suit me. (Of course I also add a bit of Tabasco on top because that's how I make it at home.)

• Like 1