Covid tests 3 days prior or 72 hours

Jemnibabe

2 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

The language for getting a covid test 3 days prior to your cruise could also been seen as 72 hours, correct?  There are several different opinions of this andf I say it's 72 hours prior.  What say you?

Judy from SW Florida

No. There is a difference.  Your Enhanced says within 3 days prior to departure.  Not by hours.  

Your cruise Health says: Right?  Or, did they change it?

Testing Requirements

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-19 Test. 
    • PCR or medically observed Antigen COVID-19 test taken within 3 days prior to embarkation, or
    • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Please upload all required documentation to the MedallionClass app for a quick and seamless embarkation process.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

What cruise is still requiring tests?

I know (because we will be on a 28 day cruise in April) cruises out of Australia require them before boarding (self administered is allowed) and, at least on the longer cruises two or three days after boarding.

Our Panama in Sept currently has testing requirements.  It could change, it might not.  But at least we can now do home tests and take a picture, instead of hoping to find an appointment or doing the online test.  Testing wasn't that much of a problem though.

21 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not to disparage any of our CC members here...but I would not depend on a definitive answer here!  Go by whet the Princess website/heath tool SAYS.  Print it out and take it with you.

Sadly - I have experienced where Princess has changed it and also where Princess reps have told me wrong information. I have arranged flights based on this and had them change it.

Best to check closer to travel time for accurate information on the website.

Edited by Coral

21 minutes ago, memoak said:

Always plug your voyage number into the online health tool to get accurate information for your cruise. They are individual and subject to change at any time. I would check often

I check every day and every day it says it's too early to post protocol for that cruise and yet, someone else on same cruise seems to have different language.  Confusing for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, runner2013 said:

I've also read cruises leaving from Vancouver B.C. are also included in the enhanced testing protocols. Anyone else?

Once again check your voyage in the health tool do not trust what someone else has heard or generic protocols 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, memoak said:

Once again check your voyage in the health tool do not trust what someone else has heard or generic protocols 

I totally understand what you are saying but you missed the question I started this thread with.  If there are 72 hours in 3 days, why can't you begin the 3 day count at 2pm on the 14th and the 3 day limit would end at 2pm the 17th, cruise day?  3 days is still 72 hours no matter how you look at it, right?

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

I totally understand what you are saying but you missed the question I started this thread with.  If there are 72 hours in 3 days, why can't you begin the 3 day count at 2pm on the 14th and the 3 day limit would end at 2pm the 17th, cruise day?  3 days is still 72 hours no matter how you look at it, right?

But it can make a difference if you have to go by a different time zone.  If the ship leaves from LA and your in a different time zone, some in Europe, Canada, East Coast, etc then you would have to worry about the hours.  
Days is a lot easier….

just within 3 days of sailing, you don’t have to count the hours.  Just make sure it’s not more than 3 days before sailing…

no matter where you are.

Easier, don’t complicate it.  😆 It’s complicated enough just to determine covid protocol terminology.  😳

On 1/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, Jemnibabe said:

The language for getting a covid test 3 days prior to your cruise could also been seen as 72 hours, correct?  There are several different opinions of this andf I say it's 72 hours prior.  What say you?

Judy from SW Florida

Incorrect. It is 3 days. Some guidelines state 72 hours and as others have said, time zones can be tricky.

Where are you going? Princess website is not keeping up with the times. Fore example, there are currently NO requirements for vaccines or testing for Australia or New Zealand.

Yes, I do understand that this covid is a moving target.