First cruise as a Diamond

I will be sailing this spring for the first time as a Diamond. I understand that I will receive 4 drink vouchers per day. I also understand that there is a Diamond lounge which holds a happy hour each day. Do cocktails in this venue count towards the 4 drink vouchers? 

5 minutes ago, oasisorbust said:

I will be sailing this spring for the first time as a Diamond. I understand that I will receive 4 drink vouchers per day. I also understand that there is a Diamond lounge which holds a happy hour each day. Do cocktails in this venue count towards the 4 drink vouchers? 

Yes they do

• Thanks 1

They do.

Before pandemic during Happy Hours (3.5 h) drinks were unlimited, but from limited menu inside of lounge and 3 vouchers to use outside of this lounge (also limited menu). Now it is 4 drinks of any type under $14 at any bar during the day.

• Thanks 1

You can also use the Diamond vouchers for specialty coffee at the Royal coffee counters (not the stand alone Starbucks).  You can get the largest size, add in extra shots, etc. up to the $14 limit per drink.  

On ships with the Vitality Cafe (Oasis Class) you can also use it on smoothies.  

If ordering something inexpensive like a soda during the day and you don't want to use one of your Diamond vouchers, be sure to let them know when ordering.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oasisorbust said:

You will also receive a welcome aboard letter from the LA and the DLC. The letters will have all the details for your perks/benefits for your specific cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You'll also get $10 off laundry service and a free day of internet, or you can use that amount toward a surf and stream package on board. Have fun on your first Diamond cruise! Ours was in Nov and it was SO NICE having the vouchers - used it at the bars for sure but the smoothie/juice service in Vitality as well, so refreshing for "recovery" 😆

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You will also receive a welcome aboard letter from the LA and the DLC. The letters will have all the details for your perks/benefits for your specific cruise. 

THIS  is so true

Many don't bother to read the letters then complain that they know of or didn't get a benefit.   OP - If the letters are not in the cabin see the Loyalty Ambassador and the Diamond Concierge.

Enjoy your perks. 

M

• Thanks 2

This is great info. We are Elite on Celebrity so my understanding is we will be diamond on RC. I am thinking that we won’t need the drink package. What are other with more RC experience think? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cbfb said:

This is great info. We are Elite on Celebrity so my understanding is we will be diamond on RC. I am thinking that we won’t need the drink package. What are other with more RC experience think? 

I am diamond plus, and get 5 drinks per day, and I have never bought the drink package, it's tough for me to drink 5 drinks each day. Occasionally I will get the soft drink package for longer cruises, because soft drinks will count towards your vouchers, As well as fresh squeezed orange juice. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cbfb said:

You will be diamond. Personal preference concerning your drinking. You each will get 4 drinks daily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hoosier sailor said:

I am diamond plus, and get 5 drinks per day, and I have never bought the drink package, it's tough for me to drink 5 drinks each day. Occasionally I will get the soft drink package for longer cruises, because soft drinks will count towards your vouchers, As well as fresh squeezed orange juice. 

That’s a great idea. I wouldn’t have more than that and will probably bring wine and pay the corkage fee. I do drink a good amount of water And some coffee, which was my concern. 

• Like 2

We also just became Diamond on our last cruise in January. We aren't very big drinkers, but we managed most days to sue our vouchers. I used most on liquors like Sambuca et al and a couple of Pina Coladas thrown in. the days we didn't we got drinks for a couple we met and had dinner with most nights. 

We were on the Anthem and found their Diamond lounge smallish and very cliquish. We went most nights just to see how it was and most every night the same people were grouped together in the same areas. Sort of made us feel a but out of place sometimes, but we did what we wanted. For us, it wasn't a place to sort of 'hang out'. We'll try again in April on our next cruise.

Cheers

Len

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cbfb said:

We get ten a day, wife only drinks three or four so I am set with seven. You will also have access to the coffee machine in the DL which puts out a pretty good brew. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We get ten a day, wife only drinks three or four so I am set with seven. You will also have access to the coffee machine in the DL which puts out a pretty good brew. 

Unfortunately my husband will match me drunk for drink 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cbfb said:

Unfortunately my husband will match me drunk for drink 🤣🤣

The first 4 for each is comped. To get any value out of the drink package you would need to go beyond maybe 5 more each per day (10+). Thankfully my kids, not drinking age expand my 4 to 8 or God forbid 12. It's all about the math

• Like 2

I read there is a happy hour for diamond and above. Is this in addition to the drink vouchers? Or so you use your vouchers? Also, Celebrity now allows guests to bring 2 bottles of wine per person, not cabin. Has this changed on RC too? Can you tell this drink thing is throwing me off!! 🤣🤣