Embarkation Day Drink?

lennythenose

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

With the Plus Package you get 15 drinks per day. C’mon! You’re only half-way there! 😁

Not a problem:

Prosecco

Dirty Banana

Pina colada

Miami Vice

Flirtini

Skyfall

Mint chocolate martini

And voila, 15, without breaking a sweat. Your sugar levels will be through the roof, and calories galore, but what the heck, it's cruising!

And to be transparent - I mainly only drink vodka on the rocks... Lol.. 

Edited by reedprincess

10 hours ago, lennythenose said:

It looks like everyone has their personal favorites but Princess does not have a special embarkation day feature drink as some lines do. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on it if they did. 

Right, they usually do have a special embarkation drink but it varies, I don't know that I've ever seen a recurring special or featured drink.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fatbird said:

Of course, this depends on what Texas drinks are allowed before you get into international waters.

What fatbird is referring to is that Texas laws require that any alcohol served within Texas (and Texas waters) be purchased from an authorized Texas distributor.

Princess has chosen to purchase a minimum of brands from Texas distributors so beverage service is limited to those brands (beer, wine, whisky, etc.) that was purchased this way. Only a few bars are open until out of Texas waters.

Because of this, Princess will put a $25 OBC non-refundable "voyage disruption credit" on the account of everyone who has an alcohol beverage package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

My last cruise, I had a lot of Virgin Mojitos.  Princess has a cutesy name, the Nojito, but in a loud bar environment, that can be misheard as Mojito.  

I saw this listed on the menu and it made me chuckle - I didn't think of the issue of it being misheard, but you're right.  The other one that made me laugh was the virgin Bloody Mary - called a Bloody Shame! 

For me the first drink is always a Mimosa on the lido deck (otherwise known as a Bucks Fizz to us Brits) 

14 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

This is definitely on my embarkation list. I keep hearing all about the dirty banana but I am a margarita girl for sure 🍹. Decisions, decisions what to have first?

The 24K Margarita on the rocks is so good!!  I have a hard time switching to anything else.  

Edited by CATGUY7
Added context

I have heard a lot of people recommending a Frozen Toasted Almond.  I think I will try that one.

When in Aruba, dirty bananas were great unless they substituted the real bananas with banana liquor, then they were gross.  I assume Princess uses REAL bananas???

Last year had a sparkling mint lemonade with light rum....YUM.

One of my friends recommended a St Germain Gin and Tonic so that is on my list too.  Guess it has a twist of some sort. I looked up that Mango Tango and that is on my list now too..

Will be onboard a week from today.

M

14 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

When in Aruba, dirty bananas were great unless they substituted the real bananas with banana liquor, then they were gross.  I assume Princess uses REAL bananas???

Yea that banana liquor would turn me off too--yuck.  I've read the description of the dirty banana on their drinks menu and it says "fresh banana" yay!

I will say that sparking mint lemonade sounds awfully good too 🙂 Was that on Princess? My embarkation drink list keeps growing 🥳

4 hours ago, mimbecky said:

I have heard a lot of people recommending a Frozen Toasted Almond.  I think I will try that one.

One of my friends recommended a St Germain Gin and Tonic so that is on my list too.  Guess it has a twist of some sort. I looked up that Mango Tango and that is on my list now too..

Will be onboard a week from today.

M

I looked up the mango tango online as well.  I might try making one at home. Mango nectar, orange juice, lime juice, triple sec and coconut rum.

19 hours ago, BamaVol said:

On my first cruise ever (RCL), many years ago, we were approached by a waiter as soon as we boarded and asked if we wanted a “mango tango”.  Then he asked if we wanted rum in it, which we did.  It tasted like heaven.  I’ve never had one anywhere else.  I wish I could order another.

I just googled that, sounds heavenly!  Will definitely order it on my next cruise!

On 2/17/2023 at 2:17 AM, caribill said:

What fatbird is referring to is that Texas laws require that any alcohol served within Texas (and Texas waters) be purchased from an authorized Texas distributor.

Princess has chosen to purchase a minimum of brands from Texas distributors so beverage service is limited to those brands (beer, wine, whisky, etc.) that was purchased this way. Only a few bars are open until out of Texas waters.

Because of this, Princess will put a $25 OBC non-refundable "voyage disruption credit" on the account of everyone who has an alcohol beverage package.

Will they have a list of what is available for sail away? 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 5:09 PM, charlie murphy said:

You have to be a 'simple man' to have a beer on a Princess Ship! Beer on a princess ship! Don't get me started, but if we are ever on a princess ship together lets discuss over a beer! I am also a "simple beer guy too" when on a princess ship! On the bright side you We can still order a Beer by brand, not just Ale or Lager, yellow or dark! Poor wine lovers, soon "you want red wine or white wine, let's see your medallion, yeah red or white that that's what your package includes? 

Peroni - bogo at our local Publix this week - that works

and Chloe wines - also bogo

On 2/17/2023 at 2:17 AM, caribill said:

Should be noted that they give you the credit - but they charge you for the drinks you have until you get out to international waters.  We saw our statement on the second day and had two charges from a bar for $17+ and the $25 credit - I had no idea at the time what it was since we had the Plus package.  I would say we made out on the deal $17 vs $25 - but the booze they served was horrendous 🙂

On 2/16/2023 at 2:09 PM, charlie murphy said:

Poor wine lovers, soon "you want red wine or white wine, let's see your medallion, yeah red or white that that's what your package includes? 

I am one of those poor wine lovers.  I have been so disappointed with such poor choices in the plus package.  However, the wine choices on the Diamond were so pathetic on our latest cruise, that I took a look at the martini menu.  I tried the bacarrat martini … OMG!  It was so delish and I actually got my friends hooked on it, as well. Now, that will be my traditional boarding drink from now on.  I did learn that I like it with just a quarter of the amount of frangelico and no sugar on the rim .. and icy if they can shake it for a little longer.  Wow … what an amazing cocktail!  

On 2/19/2023 at 11:53 AM, bjkTX said:

Should be noted that they give you the credit - but they charge you for the drinks you have until you get out to international waters.  We saw our statement on the second day and had two charges from a bar for $17+ and the $25 credit - I had no idea at the time what it was since we had the Plus package.  I would say we made out on the deal $17 vs $25 - but the booze they served was horrendous 🙂

The only minibar items my DH drank were on turnaround day in Galveston because the Texas approved liquor was so vile. Finally sometime around showtime in the Princess Theater, he would order his first drink of the cruise. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 9:50 AM, Cruise Raider said:

bacarrat martini

I had never heard of this so had to Google the recipe and it (of course) took me to a CC post! This does sound so good and I will be ordering one for myself in May! Thanks for sharing!

Baccarat:

4 Parts Abolut Rasperri

3 Parts Frangelico

3 Parts Blackberry Brandy

2 Part Cream

Chilled Over Ice - Garnish with Raspberry

3 hours ago, buckeye7 said:

I had never heard of this so had to Google the recipe and it (of course) took me to a CC post! This does sound so good and I will be ordering one for myself in May! Thanks for sharing!

Baccarat:

4 Parts Abolut Rasperri

3 Parts Frangelico

3 Parts Blackberry Brandy

2 Part Cream

Chilled Over Ice - Garnish with Raspberry

I like it with one part Frangelico and no sugar on the rim!  Wow … it’s so good!  

• Like 1