The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 26th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Nice decorations! St Patrick’s Day on March 17th is several celebrations for me.

One, we leave on a cruise out of Tampa on 3/17!

Two, it was the day we moved into our house years ago.

Three, it was the only St. Patrick’s Day I was sober when we moved into our house years ago.

Four, wait, there are only three things!

PS: St LouisCruiser, you answered my question from yesterday. There is a port you haven’t been too. You need to start planning girl!

Bob, from what I hear Safaga isn't worth planning a whole trip for. 😄  We've seen Alexandria which is very trashy looking, Port Said which wasn't terrible and in fact we enjoyed walking the streets there, and Cairo when we went to visit the pyramids.  Cairo had it's good points and bad points. The Suez canal was interesting and I'm glad we experienced it.  So I think I'll just skip Safaga.😉

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Today's sermon on the first Sunday of Lent.

Thank you Graham and thanks to Father David for the sermon today.

53 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Sandi.

Nice collection of days - I think I will do my best to seize the day in honour of Carpe Diem day.  We should all try to do that every day.  I like the romantic Jane Austen’s quote.

Sad day yesterday - anniversary of my mother’s death - and even sadder to hear that Gordon Pinsent has passed away on the same day.  He was a true renaissance man, a great actor and Canadian icon.  A Newfoundlander and proud of it - he paved the way for others from that province in their acting careers.  Interesting fact historically - he actually immigrated to Canada as Newfoundland was not yet part of Canada until 1949.  He will be truly missed. 😞 

3317CC32-6AA5-4E19-8A60-7422CF8C410B.jpeg.55ad9e72e14b1f7fad98cd8fb9364411.jpeg

My excitement for the day will be a little grocery outing with my neighbour and cleaning up the mess in the kitchen from the planting.  I managed to have 3 messy accidents which, while we attended to need some more serious cleaning 😌 It had NOTHING to do with wine, sadly but still couldn’t resist…

45032F7D-C88F-4B4E-A181-ED7927381B3B.thumb.jpeg.354de64d5478064f134d588035e98dcb.jpeg

A bit warmer today - of course that’s all in how you look at it and what you are used to.  I guess it could best be described as this.

6C32643A-1AAC-461B-9E9C-A647D26297DC.jpeg.ef703a66232e5eba605005b7ca036b92.jpeg

Actually got out last night to visit friends I hadn’t seen since December. I had a slew of multi quotes that I planned to do when I returned and poof - they were all gone 😡 

Prayers for those on the Care list and those that need them world wide and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

EDEA2D73-64B4-4AEB-A133-B5716A54AF09.jpeg.9064eb0a5041ff1d9a783642ef221694.jpeg

Have a great Sunday, everyone !!!!

Jacqui, hugs to you as you honor the date of your mother's death yesterday.  Those are dates we never forget.  Also I enjoyed the memes today and as a transplanted midwesterner to the south, I think I'd just better stay at home!

41 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor getting us started today.

I like the Carnival Day and Carpe Diem.  Not a big fan of Pistachios.  

Quote is interesting.

Like the wine but will pass on the drink and meal.

Have not been to Egypt.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyVfor the Cares and Celebration list.

My prayers for all that need them.

Cheers to those with something to celebrate.  And hope those that are cruising are enjoying their days at sea.

Thank you Graham @grapau27 for Father David’s sermon.  Always welcome.

Hope Sarah is doing okay.

I have not been around for the last two days so I have some catching up to do do.

I just read  @Azz’s account of the kitchen renovation.  Believe me, if anyone knows about delays, it is me.  

On March 4, that is this coming Saturday, it will mark six (6) months since we had the flood in our home.  AND WE STILL DON’T HAVE A MASTER BATH.  And there is no telling when that is going to happen.  The contractor does not have a tiling sub available, so we have to wait.  

To add to the mix, yesterday was a horror.  Our one and only toilet (brand new) decided to give us trouble,  Plunger, etc, would not do the job.  Tried to call a plumber on a Saturday.  NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE AND NO EMERGENCY NUMBERS.  This took up most of the day.  Finally, at 7 pm a neighbor, who works as a handyman came over (he had been out all day) and got the job done.  We were just about to go to a hotel.  

I’m exhausted, and we just got back from a cruise.  I feel like I need another one.

So that is where I am at.  I will try to catch up and read all the posts today.  

Take care everyone and God Bless.

Happy Sunday.

Terri

Terri, I hope whatever is wrong with the new one and only toilet is repaired to your satisfaction, and that the tiler has an opening to finish your master bathroom.  Then you can celebrate by taking another cruise!🚢

38 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Thank you to all the regular posters on the Daily.

Butternut Mac & cheese is delicious, I’m sure Debbie will post some delicious recipes for you to try.

I do not understand why HAL does not show this type of presentation on the cabin TV or record it and show it on TV at a later time.  I have made this same comment on the App and on every post cruise survey.  

Positive thoughts to all who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

I feel like all the cruise lines should show these types of presentations on the TV later.  We said that while on Princess week before last.  And that reminds me, I need to complete my after cruise survey from them today!  Wouldn't want it to expire.

23 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

If anyone does not want their pistachios, I will gladly take them.  We seized the day yesterday and went to visit an old family friend yesterday.  Her husband was our family dentist and he hired my sister as a hygienist when she graduated.  Sue still maintains that he was the best boss she ever had.  He passed away a while back and his son took over the practice.  Kevin is now retired and is our neighbor.  He said his mom was in assisted living and we decided to go visit her.  I guess she doesn't get that many visitors, so we'll keep going back.  We  had a wonderful time talking to her and she was so excited to know that we had come just to see her.  

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear about continued bathroom woes.  When it rains, it pours and you seem to have a permanent thundercloud overhead. 

@kazu So glad you got out to visit friends last night.  Social connections are so important, especially as we age.  That is one reason why this community was so important during the pandemic.  

A special thank you for all who make this happen on a daily basis.  We never know how much we may touch another life for the better, but given the comments the last couple of days, I think we reach far more than we know.  Let's continue to spread the warmth, comfort, and support.  

Today's meal sounds pretty interesting.  I will probably pass on it due to the carb load.  It would put me right to sleep!  Hmm, maybe that is the answer for the 3:00 am club!   Can't sleep, have some carbs.  The butternut squash is added to the cheese mixture and provides some additional nutrients as well as depth of flavor.  The differences in recipes are found in seasonings and type of cheese used.  This first recipe uses whole wheat pasta and three types of cheese.  It isn't too bad on the calories and just slightly over my carb limit.    https://www.skinnytaste.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese1.thumb.jpg.23fe5b66448d47a379adc8618fbc9094.jpg

This next one is heavy on the cheddar cheese and uses cream cheese in the recipe.  It is a bit higher in calories and carbs, but flavor can make that worth it.  https://cookieandkate.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese2.thumb.jpg.c3ad6c43d206842212351c97e72455ff.jpg

This last recipe uses aged white cheddar cheese and tops the casserole with some whole wheat bread crumbs for a satisfying crunch.  https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese3.thumb.jpg.06508fc7a736fe60f81c7b3de91240ae.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!   Healing thoughts and hugs to those who need them and cheers to those who are celebrating!

Thank you for the yummy looking comfort food pictures and recipes Debbie.  It was so nice of you to visit your old friend at her assisted living facility.  I know my DMIL enjoyed visiting with some of my family members while she was staying in her nursing home.  My twin and several nieces went to see her which absolutely thrilled her.  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor getting us started today.

I like the Carnival Day and Carpe Diem.  Not a big fan of Pistachios.  

Quote is interesting.

Like the wine but will pass on the drink and meal.

Have not been to Egypt.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyVfor the Cares and Celebration list.

My prayers for all that need them.

Cheers to those with something to celebrate.  And hope those that are cruising are enjoying their days at sea.

Thank you Graham @grapau27 for Father David’s sermon.  Always welcome.

Hope Sarah is doing okay.

I have not been around for the last two days so I have some catching up to do do.

I just read  @Azz’s account of the kitchen renovation.  Believe me, if anyone knows about delays, it is me.  

On March 4, that is this coming Saturday, it will mark six (6) months since we had the flood in our home.  AND WE STILL DON’T HAVE A MASTER BATH.  And there is no telling when that is going to happen.  The contractor does not have a tiling sub available, so we have to wait.  

To add to the mix, yesterday was a horror.  Our one and only toilet (brand new) decided to give us trouble,  Plunger, etc, would not do the job.  Tried to call a plumber on a Saturday.  NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE AND NO EMERGENCY NUMBERS.  This took up most of the day.  Finally, at 7 pm a neighbor, who works as a handyman came over (he had been out all day) and got the job done.  We were just about to go to a hotel.  

I’m exhausted, and we just got back from a cruise.  I feel like I need another one.

So that is where I am at.  I will try to catch up and read all the posts today.  

Take care everyone and God Bless.

Happy Sunday.

Terri

Thank you Terri.

Father David is an amazing vicar and I'm happy to share his Sunday sermons only on the Daily for the nice people like you who appreciate his sermons and liking them every week.

Sarah seems a lot better and happier now plus her chiropractor is doing a great job and said the exercises the physio had set her were not appropriate for her condition.

I'm so sorry to hear after all the ordeals you have been through you then had an issue with your new toilet.

Your handyman neighbour was a blessing. 

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. I just prepared a crackpot recipe for chicken cacciatore and it already smells divine. Today’s recipe will be saved for another day as I am sure it will be a hit here. Thanks to Debbie @dfish.

We have not been to the port but I love the Jane Austen quote. We usually try to seize the day but sometimes get befuddled by the details. I will send Debbie my pistachios.

Thanks to everyone who makes this place a great place to be every day.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Sandi.

Nice collection of days - I think I will do my best to seize the day in honour of Carpe Diem day.  We should all try to do that every day.  I like the romantic Jane Austen’s quote.

Sad day yesterday - anniversary of my mother’s death - and even sadder to hear that Gordon Pinsent has passed away on the same day.  He was a true renaissance man, a great actor and Canadian icon.  A Newfoundlander and proud of it - he paved the way for others from that province in their acting careers.  Interesting fact historically - he actually immigrated to Canada as Newfoundland was not yet part of Canada until 1949.  He will be truly missed. 😞 

3317CC32-6AA5-4E19-8A60-7422CF8C410B.jpeg.55ad9e72e14b1f7fad98cd8fb9364411.jpeg

My excitement for the day will be a little grocery outing with my neighbour and cleaning up the mess in the kitchen from the planting.  I managed to have 3 messy accidents which, while we attended to need some more serious cleaning 😌 It had NOTHING to do with wine, sadly but still couldn’t resist…

45032F7D-C88F-4B4E-A181-ED7927381B3B.thumb.jpeg.354de64d5478064f134d588035e98dcb.jpeg

A bit warmer today - of course that’s all in how you look at it and what you are used to.  I guess it could best be described as this.

6C32643A-1AAC-461B-9E9C-A647D26297DC.jpeg.ef703a66232e5eba605005b7ca036b92.jpeg

Actually got out last night to visit friends I hadn’t seen since December. I had a slew of multi quotes that I planned to do when I returned and poof - they were all gone 😡 

Prayers for those on the Care list and those that need them world wide and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

EDEA2D73-64B4-4AEB-A133-B5716A54AF09.jpeg.9064eb0a5041ff1d9a783642ef221694.jpeg

Have a great Sunday, everyone !!!!

I'm sad for you that it was your late mam's memory yesterday.

Losing my dear mam 12 years ago was the saddest thing that has ever happened to me.

Love and hugs 🤗

Graham xx

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Bob, from what I hear Safaga isn't worth planning a whole trip for. 😄  We've seen Alexandria which is very trashy looking, Port Said which wasn't terrible and in fact we enjoyed walking the streets there, and Cairo when we went to visit the pyramids.  Cairo had it's good points and bad points. The Suez canal was interesting and I'm glad we experienced it.  So I think I'll just skip Safaga.😉

Thank you Graham and thanks to Father David for the sermon today.

Jacqui, hugs to you as you honor the date of your mother's death yesterday.  Those are dates we never forget.  Also I enjoyed the memes today and as a transplanted midwesterner to the south, I think I'd just better stay at home!

Terri, I hope whatever is wrong with the new one and only toilet is repaired to your satisfaction, and that the tiler has an opening to finish your master bathroom.  Then you can celebrate by taking another cruise!🚢

I feel like all the cruise lines should show these types of presentations on the TV later.  We said that while on Princess week before last.  And that reminds me, I need to complete my after cruise survey from them today!  Wouldn't want it to expire.

Thank you for the yummy looking comfort food pictures and recipes Debbie.  It was so nice of you to visit your old friend at her assisted living facility.  I know my DMIL enjoyed visiting with some of my family members while she was staying in her nursing home.  My twin and several nieces went to see her which absolutely thrilled her.  

Great explanation. You get a past. I guess the only way I will see Safaga is to visit it myself which ain’t going to happen.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Good Sunday morning.  Well this morning didn't lturn out as expected.  I was changing the sheets and thought I would wash the mattress cover too.  Well, when I picked it up the plastic undercoating had totally fallen apart.  Small pieces went everywhere.  Just spent an hour sweeping it all lup.

Juan Collins cocktail:

1.5 oz of Tequila
1 oz of Lemon Juice
1 oz of agave nectar
club soda
lime wedge

Pour tequila, lime juice and nectar into a collins glass with ice cubes. Stir thoroughly. Top with club soda and garnish with lime wedge.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 8.43.19 AM.png

If I drink too many of this drink in a bar, Juan will become the loneliest number you ever do!

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, GTVCRUISER said:

Greetings from San Diego

sd9-1-22best.jpg

@GTVCRUISER, my DS & DBIL have  been aboard their boat in the marina at the Marriott.   She detailed the winds that came through the area, 2 rounds of it.   Said she and DBIL had fun 🤩 on the rocking boat. 

sounds like large areas of California had the wild weather. Wind, Flooding Rains, Blizzards.    
How did you do?

Edited by ocean sounds
Corrected
  • Like 16

I’m a bit stunned by the local rescue.  They will not accept any food donations that aren’t on their approved list.  Their list is only Friskies.  Plus they only take donations weekdays 9 to 5, my work hours.  So disappointing since they are always saying that they are short on cat food.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 14

Good morning. Slept late then it was a rush preparing for church services. At least I had my priorities in the right order. Beautiful sunny day with temps hovering in the mid seventies. We had our neighborhood couple over for dinner last night for a nice Italian themed dinner of raviolis in a garlic cream sauce and cannoli’s for desert. Wonderful fellowship.

Maybe later we’ll put the top down on the Spyder and go for a ride enjoying this beautiful day. Maybe watch NASCAR race if the weather in California allows.

Thanks for all who contribute to our Daily. Have a great week.

Bruce

image.jpeg.968afccf99cf1687642aad807809cc9c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8d56acce048092b431d248db8b850e25.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f50faea5fd2a14a680ae28db5e07c7c9.jpegimage.jpeg.72314711319bec2f5ffafa8fc39bab00.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 17

Good morning. Thank you @richwmn for your work so the Fleet Report/Daily could continue while you're on your World Cruise.

I'll salute carnivals, although growing up at a boardwalk on the Jersey shore I had all the elements of a carnival right at hand. We should seize the day every day! I like pistachios, but they are expensive! Love the quote, being a big Jane Austen fan. I'll pass on the meal and drink, yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Safaga.

It's partly sunny and warming into the upper 40's. I have some household chores I'd like to do today. BFF came over yesterday, which made me put off doing stuff. I need to clean up a lot of leaves on my sidewalk up against the retaining wall, but not sure I'll do that today.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today. Sorry you had a bad night's sleep. Lovely seasonal tree by DD.

@Crazy For Cats Wow, what a deal on cat food! Sad that the rescue limits its donations so strictly.

@grapau27 I appreciate you posting Fr. David's sermon today. Good news about how Sarah is doing.

@cat shepard It sounds like you're having great family time. I hope this visit has helped DGN.

@ottahand7 Thanks for sharing your cruise goings on. Good to hear those who had health issues are ok.

@kazu Hugs to you on your DM's passing anniversary. And you reminded me that my DM passed on Feb 25, 1993. Good to hear you got out with friends last night.

@rafinmd Nice to hear you slept well last night. 

@Cruzin Terri So sorry about the master bath delays. And oh no on the only toilet issues; thank goodness for the neighbor handyman!

@0106 I have read all of the books you mentioned yesterday.

@dfish I am sure you made your family friend's day! And so nice that you will continue to visit her. 

@summer slope Thank you for our daily drink recipes. Don't you hate when something makes so much more work?

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thank you @richwmn for your work so the Fleet Report/Daily could continue while you're on your World Cruise.

I'll salute carnivals, although growing up at a boardwalk on the Jersey shore I had all the elements of a carnival right at hand. We should seize the day every day! I like pistachios, but they are expensive! Love the quote, being a big Jane Austen fan. I'll pass on the meal and drink, yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Safaga.

It's partly sunny and warming into the upper 40's. I have some household chores I'd like to do today. BFF came over yesterday, which made me put off doing stuff. I need to clean up a lot of leaves on my sidewalk up against the retaining wall, but not sure I'll do that today.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today. Sorry you had a bad night's sleep. Lovely seasonal tree by DD.

@Crazy For Cats Wow, what a deal on cat food! Sad that the rescue limits its donations so strictly.

@grapau27 I appreciate you posting Fr. David's sermon today. Good news about how Sarah is doing.

@cat shepard It sounds like you're having great family time. I hope this visit has helped DGN.

@ottahand7 Thanks for sharing your cruise goings on. Good to hear those who had health issues are ok.

@kazu Hugs to you on your DM's passing anniversary. And you reminded me that my DM passed on Feb 25, 1993. Good to hear you got out with friends last night.

@rafinmd Nice to hear you slept well last night. 

@Cruzin Terri So sorry about the master bath delays. And oh no on the only toilet issues; thank goodness for the neighbor handyman!

@0106 I have read all of the books you mentioned yesterday.

@dfish I am sure you made your family friend's day! And so nice that you will continue to visit her. 

@summer slope Thank you for our daily drink recipes. Don't you hate when something makes so much more work?

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Thank you Vanessa.

Prayers 🙏 for you on your mam's memory yesterday.

It will be my dad's 11th memory next Sunday.

He passed 4 months after my mam with a broken heart.

He fell in hospital and hit his head which killed him.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from a foggy central Texas.  When I checked the weather app this morning, it said the humidity was 100%.  After I opened the blinds, I understood why.  The fog is clearing a little bit, but I'm glad I don't have to drive to Waco in the fog like I did last November.  Our high is predicted to be 78F today and tomorrow, and in the upper 70s and lower 80s until Friday.  

Three days worth celebrating.  If @dfish  Debbie is too far from anyone who doesn't like pistachios, I'll take them.

An interesting quote from Jane Austen.

We'll pass on the meal since DH is not a fan of the mac part.  We'll also pass on the drink, but I would like to try the wine.

We were in Safaga once on the old Regal Princess in 2003.  As Sandi @StLouisCruisers said, there is not much to see in Safaga.  We got off the ship and walked the dock before returning to the ship.  We had to cancel our overnight tour to Luxor due to lingering cases Delhi Belly which makes Montezuma's revenge seem like a walk in the park.  The only good thing was we didn't have to be put on IVs or taken to the hospital in Athens like some others who went to the Taj Mahal.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I think your generous idea to donate cat food to the local rescue was very nice.  I can't believe they are so short sighted as to refuse any donation.

@cat shepard  Ann, I loved the dog meme.  Those little dachshunds are tenacious.  I hope time with his uncle helped your DGH.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm glad your friends made it home safely after being medically disembarked in Santos, and that the lady who fainted is all right.  Thanks for the pictures of the Reistafel.  Prinsendam had one for b2b passengers, and I enjoyed it.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you got out to visit your neighbors yesterday, and that you went grocery shopping with your neighbor.  I hope the anniversary of your DM's death was not too sad.  Maybe wine or really the lack of wine contributed to the potting mess.  🤣

@rafinmd  Roy, good to know your are sleeping better.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm sorry you are still not sleeping well.

@Cruzin Terri  Terry, hopefully after the bathroom is finished, there will not be any more problems.  Glad your neighbor could fix the second toilet.  I also hope the contractor can get the tilers there soon.

@dfish  Debbie, it was nice you and your sister visited your former dentist's widow.  I agree that the Daily was very important during the pandemic, and it still is to many Dailyites who are not able or comfortable cruising.  It's nice to have friends to visit with each day.

@richwmn  Rich, thank you for making sure we have the Fleet/Daily each day while you are enjoying your cruise.  Thank you @rafinmd Roy, @StLouisCruisers Sandi, and @JazzyV  for making the Fleet/Daily happen, and also thank you to the F&B department.

@grapau27  Graham, I am very happy Sarah seems a lot better and happier now after the injection.  I'm also glad the chiropractor is helping her.

@smitty34877  Terri, I haven't tried chicken cacciatore in the slow cooker, but have a very good recipe for making it in the pressure cooker.

@aliaschief Bruce, I hope you can put the top down on the Spyder and enjoy a drive in the good weather.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

I have a few pictures of Safaga that I posted on April 4, 2022.  It really does not seem to have much to offer except being the gate way to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings.  When we got off the ship, there was no way to get into town except a long, hot, dusty walk.

These are a few of the pictures of Safaga we took from the dock and from the Regal Princess.

IMG_2945.thumb.JPG.e42b6d3eeda289a7d1e2b2eda2ff6f7e.JPG

IMG_2946.thumb.JPG.3520f785d2a63d8c6539ca39c48a0815.JPG

IMG_2947.thumb.JPG.44b9c724714bce0fb58ffc0e7ea8bf6b.JPG

These pictures of Safaga were taken as we entered the Suez Canal after we departed Safaga.

IMG_2960.thumb.JPG.0d1023ad60f659383ad760e715a28e59.JPG

IMG_2962.thumb.JPG.ed2e0f1f3fe4c6df55cb1693cbca0588.JPG

IMG_2964.thumb.JPG.728b95655eec43702515bf461ef9cf3d.JPG

The part of town we could see from the ship as we entered the Suez Canal looked nice, but we couldn't see this part from the dock.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

As you all know, I’m a lurker.  I read The Daily each day but don’t post often.  Once in a while, though, I just HAVE to post.

I no longer make Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese (a favorite) because of a disaster I had.

We had just updated the Alarm System in our house to add a “notify fire department immediately” when a smoke detector went off.  I made my Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese and spilled some on the bottom of the overn.  It caused CLOUDS of smoke.  I opened windows and doors, turned on fans, but the smoke kept pouring out of the oven.  All of a sudden, I remembered the alarm system upgrade.  I called the alarm company with and begged them to quickly call the fire department and tell them it was a cooking accident.  There was no fire and all was well.

I heard sirens coming from the direction of the fire department station house.  I felt terrible about wasting their time.

The sirens kept getting louder and louder, but then stopped.  I opened the front door and they weren’t in front of our house.  They had stopped one block away.  There was a Medical Emergency in that block.

I tossed my Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese Recipe.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 22

14 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I have a few pictures of Safaga that I posted on April 4, 2022.  It really does not seem to have much to offer except being the gate way to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings.  When we got off the ship, there was no way to get into town except a long, hot, dusty walk.

These are a few of the pictures of Safaga we took from the dock and from the Regal Princess.

These pictures of Safaga were taken as we entered the Suez Canal after we departed Safaga.

The part of town we could see from the ship as we entered the Suez Canal looked nice, but we couldn't see this part from the dock.

Lenda

Thanks Lenda.  Except for the mosque photo looks like not much to see there.

• Like 11

Good morning all!

The weather app shows we'll be having frozen mix/snow for the next week.  I'm hoping more for frozen mix, at least that doesn't accumulate.

Interesting collection of days, I'll pass on the red wine and drink and don't care for mac and cheese. Dinner today will either be left overs from the rotisserie chicken last night, or take-out.  It will depend on the timing when we help transport the kittens/food/litter box home.  DD's car will be full with ski equipment.  We've been to Egypt but not the Valley of the Kings, so have never been to this port.  I would love to see the Valley of the Kings, but most likely never will.

Not a good night's sleep last night, it took forever to get to sleep.  I was having symptoms of kidney issues and hope it was just late night worries getting the best of me.  No problems this morning, and most days have been fine.  Doctor's appointments this week, I'll find out when the next labs will be.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersI always enjoy seeing your DD's seasonal tree.  She's very talented!

Jake @Crazy For Catsso nice of you to try to donate to the cat rescue, and that's crazy that they wouldn't accept the donation.  Only allowing Friskies is being very short-sighted of them.

Hugs to Jacqui @kazu, Vanessa @JazzyVand Graham @grapau27.  February and March are hard months.   My Mother and sister both died in February 13 years ago (the 12th and 18th) and my Dad passed March 7,  5 years ago.  Winter months seem the hardest for the elderly and/or ill.  

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, Dailyites!  We have snow on the ground so did not go to church, listening to Father David's sermon will do instead!  Thank you, Graham.  The sun is shining now, so I hope the snow is going to melt during the day, and we will be able to go to the church festivities this evening (a 40th anniversary of our parish dinner).  Then tomorrow, we hope to make a little trip down to Bellingham for a few days of eating out and shopping.  We have had "dry February" so far, and also have been dieting, so it will be a treat, before Pat's surgery on the 9th.

DD emailed a few days ago from Gander to say her BF had called from work and said he had talked to Air Force One.  She had talked to AF1 a few years ago, too, and said the pilot sounded like he was 17 years old!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Thank you for your description of today's port and photo's Lenda.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

The weather app shows we'll be having frozen mix/snow for the next week.  I'm hoping more for frozen mix, at least that doesn't accumulate.

Interesting collection of days, I'll pass on the red wine and drink and don't care for mac and cheese. Dinner today will either be left overs from the rotisserie chicken last night, or take-out.  It will depend on the timing when we help transport the kittens/food/litter box home.  DD's car will be full with ski equipment.  We've been to Egypt but not the Valley of the Kings, so have never been to this port.  I would love to see the Valley of the Kings, but most likely never will.

Not a good night's sleep last night, it took forever to get to sleep.  I was having symptoms of kidney issues and hope it was just late night worries getting the best of me.  No problems this morning, and most days have been fine.  Doctor's appointments this week, I'll find out when the next labs will be.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersI always enjoy seeing your DD's seasonal tree.  She's very talented!

Jake @Crazy For Catsso nice of you to try to donate to the cat rescue, and that's crazy that they wouldn't accept the donation.  Only allowing Friskies is being very short-sighted of them.

Hugs to Jacqui @kazu, Vanessa @JazzyVand Graham @grapau27.  February and March are hard months.   My Mother and sister both died in February 13 years ago (the 12th and 18th) and my Dad passed March 7,  5 years ago.  Winter months seem the hardest for the elderly and/or ill.  

Good luck with your doctor's appointment this week.

I'm sorry that February and March have sad memories for you.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1