Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

58 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Just saw this this morning on MSN.com.

Carnival Cruise Line Issues Warning for Passengers (msn.com)

"Port Miami Is Going to Be Crowded"

"...the City of Miami will be hosting Ultra Music Festival in the downtown area from Friday, March 24 through Sunday, March 26, 2023. As a result, there will be numerous street closures and heavier than normal traffic in and around the city,”

"That means that hotel shuttles could be overwhelmed with more passengers needing that service. In addition, ride-sharing services Uber and Lyft will be both busy and have higher-than-usual prices."

I hope some of our friends that are still cruising can get to their hotels or airport safely and on time.

My Son went to this festival in 2018 and it is absolute chaos!  That year they moved the festival to a different location and it was a bit of a logistical nightmare.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Video Time

Here's a little diddy to show what a great time we had on the Bella Cruise. Sorry if I couldn't get everyone in. 

ENJOY!!

Almost feel like I was there. 
but almost isn’t good enough!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Doing much better😉

Signed up for bridge climb in Sydney 😁

Glad to hear that John.  Hiking poles might be helpful too, provides just a bit more stability.

Was great to meet you and Laura and so many other new friends on Oasis!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2023 at 9:10 PM, NHProud said:

My mistake ! Now , I don’t have to gracious when we lose to Alabama. 

Princeton didn’t accept me to their graduate school in biochemistry. I went to Michigan State and met my husband there so a big win for me . 

Go Green! My kids are at MSU and love it! Here's hoping for a win tonight!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Cheers to Home Sweet Home.  Comfort food for dinner tonight, Cambell’s creamy Tomato Rice Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Can’t wait to sleep in my own bed tonight. 

I know exactly what you mean! When we got home I made Goulash, especially since it was so chilly out! Warms the body and the soul...

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Cheers to Home Sweet Home.  Comfort food for dinner tonight, Cambell’s creamy Tomato Rice Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Can’t wait to sleep in my own bed tonight. 

76DEAEAD-83D5-4E8F-A700-DC63C8776495.jpeg

Glad you re home safe and sound!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Welcome home, Deb and Andy!

Nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

I did tell Jim that I'll be bringing my own pillow from now on when we cruise.😉

• Like 7

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Just posted on Bella's thread:

We're almost with you Bella 02 cruisers.  Sent an email to my TA to book a cabin.

Not on deck 8 but we'll crash the party anyway. 😉

Great to hear, Bonnie!🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy to hear you are home safe and eating some comfort food. That’s what we did by making some grilled cheese sandwiches.

• Like 6

Not really a K-State or a Sparty fan, but I love good basketball. That was a fantastic Sweet 16 game. I’m sorry for those of you that are MSU fans, but they played a heck of a game. Nowell was just a force of nature tonight for K-State. 

Edited by jk04
  • Like 3

Hey, Fellow Bella 1.0 cruisers, 

Regarding the group photo on the staircase on Formal Night, the photographer took 2 Hug pictures.  One of them was a close-up shot.  We purchased that close-up one.  It's a very nice picture.  I can scan it and if anyone is interested in getting a copy, please give me your email address in cryptic form (use spaces and spell out "at", don't use the symbol "@") and I'd be happy to send it to you.  Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Regarding the group photo on the staircase on Formal Night, the photographer took 2 Hug pictures.  One of them was a close-up shot.  We purchased that close-up one.  It's a very nice picture.  I can scan it and if anyone is interested in getting a copy, please give me your email address in cryptic form (use spaces and spell out "at", don't use the symbol "@") and I'd be happy to send it to you.  Thanks.

Thank you Helen that would be awesome. me at

g p s t e e l e (number 7) at g mail dot com.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Marty, back home wearing proper shoes. Doing much better😉

Give our love to Helen

When we were in Sydney, we were all set to do the bridge climb. A thunderstorm came through and we got cancelled. Very disappointing. Gave us a hard time reimbursing our payment. Good luck. You go through about 20 minutes of training before the climb.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bmblob said:

Glad to hear that John.  Hiking poles might be helpful too, provides just a bit more stability.

Was great to meet you and Laura and so many other new friends on Oasis!

Nope. No hiking poles.

You can't take anything on the bridge they do not supply. You wear a safety harness and a lanyard that is attached to the bridge safety system. You go to a dressing room and get down to your underwear and put on a provided jumpsuit. Nothing goes with you. You go through about 20 minutes of instruction before you even get on the bridge. Everything is attached to the jumpsuit. If you want pictures you pay for a package. I don't remember if Go Pros attached to you are allowed it's been a few years. They are very strict about anything that can fall from the bridge.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Far be it from me to advise, but with some mobility issues, I didn't want to sign up for the bridge climb. We just did the Pylon Climb instead. Plenty of stairs, same view from the top, where you can watch the bridge climbers at eye level, and only about $15 per person in case I couldn't make it. ☺️And you can take all the photos and stuff that you want to up to the top. 

AustraliaCruise022.thumb.JPG.742ad0790ae8886cee9b5b3ebb96b834.JPG

AustraliaCruise033.thumb.JPG.ee78d3c816de4afd1f996516761e5a14.JPG

AustraliaCruise018.thumb.JPG.97f120d303727b1864c659ed14ead939.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 12

16 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Just saw this this morning on MSN.com.

Carnival Cruise Line Issues Warning for Passengers (msn.com)

"Port Miami Is Going to Be Crowded"

"...the City of Miami will be hosting Ultra Music Festival in the downtown area from Friday, March 24 through Sunday, March 26, 2023. As a result, there will be numerous street closures and heavier than normal traffic in and around the city,”

"That means that hotel shuttles could be overwhelmed with more passengers needing that service. In addition, ride-sharing services Uber and Lyft will be both busy and have higher-than-usual prices."

I hope some of our friends that are still cruising can get to their hotels or airport safely and on time.

Ultra is a mess and a lot of people get out of control. The clientele have definitely gone down since it started. Same thing with Wheels Up Guns Down. It brings in the rift raft bikers (not bicycles) and crime goes up at this time.

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Welcome home, Deb and Andy!

Nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

I did tell Jim that I'll be bringing my own pillow from now on when we cruise.😉

The pillows in our cabin were too thick. I had to pound it in the middle just so I wouldn’t get a neck ache.

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Sorry we missed the photo. When you said on the staircase formal night I thought people would be dressing up. I couldn’t dress in my gown and be ready in 30 minutes so we skipped it. Wished we would have come as we were. Next time we will be there. 💃🏼

• Like 7

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

…I don't remember if Go Pros attached to you are allowed it's been a few years. They are very strict about anything that can fall from the bridge.

In 2017 & 2018 attached to pros weren’t allowed. We didn’t bother to ask in 2022 since we assumed it would be the same. That was one of the main reasons for wanting to climb up was to take pictures ourselves. For $200.00 + per person and no picture taking it was a hard no for us.

• Like 5

On 3/20/2023 at 11:27 PM, nasa1974 said:

I would like to thank Greg and Linda for their kindness and the excellent post Greg put together.

I shared this with our two daughters and Sue's sister. They want to send their gratitude for such a lovely memorial to Sue. Thank you everyone for all the kind words. I know this is something that we will keep and watch many times.

Marty (nasa1974)

Condolences on your loss. 

We did a burial at sea in December with our daughter after her husband passed away unexpectedly. Royal does a great job with it I think. 

Our daughter will always remember this special monent as I am sure you and your family will.

May you find peace.

• Like 5