What is your favorite RCI ship ?

In December 2015 we cruised on the Grandeur sailing out of Baltimore.It was our first cruise from that port.We loved everything about the ship.We became friendly with a group of people who sailed on the ship every December.Nobody knew each other prior.

Every year they added people to the group and that year we became part of it.

We booked the same cabin every December for the next three years. On the 2018 cruise one of the couples suggested that in Dec.2019 we try the Anthem.We booked the cruise and that became our favorite ship.

• Like 2

I love them all, but if I have to pick, I pick Allure.  That ships just "spoke to my heart" the first time I was on it, and even after being on all the Oasis Class and almost all the Royal ships, it is still my favorite.

Since it was not specified as currently sailing ships 😉, I will have to say my favorites were Monarch of the Seas and Sovereign of the Seas.  These were the first two cruise ships that we sailed on RC back in the 90's and will always have a fond place in our heart.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBucketLister said:

Since it was not specified as currently sailing ships 😉, I will have to say my favorites were Monarch of the Seas and Sovereign of the Seas.  These were the first two cruise ships that we sailed on RC back in the 90's and will always have a fond place in our heart.

Monarch was a favorite of mine because of the staff. Especially the hotel staff on the west coast.

40+ cruises and I believe my favorite ship is Freedom of the Seas.  I like the size, the Viking Crown Lounge, the venues, etc.  Just a nice size ship.  Also have enjoyed the Vision Class.  So, I would say:

Freedom, Vision, Serenade, Mariner, Explorer.  Oasis class is always nice but just a bit too large for me.

Edited by Reijo
  • Like 1

Liberty of the Seas was our first RCI ship in 2008. 

I love all the RCI ships with a Royal Promenade big or small.

Not a fan of the quantum class.

We'll be sailing on Liberty of the Seas again in May I can't wait!

We have sailed on and enjoyed a number of ships and never had a bad cruise. However, I do have particular memories of two ships that were more special. The first was Rhapsody of the Seas. Our first 5 or 6 cruises were on this smaller, older ship. This ship sailed out of Galveston for several years running and there was just something special about the crew and cruise director staff. Our very first Cruise Director was Dan Whitney, better known as Dan Dan the Party Man. 

Then, after several sailings on that older Vision class ship, we had our first sailing on the Voyager of the Seas. That was special because this was the first sailing on a ship that had an indoor Grand Promenade! My wife loved the Vintages and I loved the pub and we both loved the Cafe' Promenade for early morning coffee and late night pizza. 

In May, we'll sail on our first Oasis Class ship, the Allure of the Seas. By the way, I noticed that several posters on this thread listed Allure as their fave, but the most recent reviews on Cruise Critic are very negative. Any thoughts on why this might be?