Rendering of remodeled Symphony Bistro

KenzSailing

6 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Don't know if this is new, but embedded in this otherwise run of the mill email from Crystal pitching Med Cruises is a rendering of the new Bistro on Symphony.  More of a makeover than I anticipated.

5b3b89b85fcfde94929058896b9fa3fa30ce31a0-1220x600.thumb.jpg.2e5ad1c44e2d7d59d7c2b53ba77ba3be.jpg  

I thought the very same thing! And I’m glad I was tempted to take an extra look. I like the makeover that looks like it’ll be happening in Osterio d’Ovidio, as well.

Also happy to see Ben & Jerry’s mentioned by name. I knew I could expect good ice cream, but there’s just something extra special about Cherries Garcia and Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz (both of which I enjoyed this past Monday at Free Cone Day).

• Like 5

The Crystal Webpage for Serenity dining has an image of the Bistro on that ship. It looks nice, not sure about the green though...

One thing I missed on the last few Crystal Cruises I was on in 2021 is that the bistro, at least on Serenity, wasn't open in the evening. I guess this may have been due to staffing shortages.

I really missed going there after dinner and having a glass of wine and a small selection of cheese and mini desserts. I know keeping it open later, until 9 or 10 would require extra staffing, but I definitely enjoyed it and I noticed a number of other folks did also.

image.thumb.png.3ff49cdad053cb696b189fd9ee0e0d67.png

https://www.crystalcruises.com/ship/serenity?sm=dinings&id=osteria_d_ovidio

9 minutes ago, 1st time aboard said:

The Crystal Webpage for Serenity dining has an image of the Bistro on that ship. It looks nice, not sure about the green though...

One thing I missed on the last few Crystal Cruises I was on in 2021 is that the bistro, at least on Serenity, wasn't open in the evening. I guess this may have been due to staffing shortages.

I really missed going there after dinner and having a glass of wine and a small selection of cheese and mini desserts. I know keeping it open later, until 9 or 10 would require extra staffing, but I definitely enjoyed it and I noticed a number of other folks did also.

Looks better than Symphony, more classic.

6 hours ago, 1st time aboard said:

I agree. The Bistro is so nice.  I remember the first time we sailed Crystal back then we had never seen something like The Bistro.  

On our sailings in 2021 it was open in the evening on Serenity from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. As you note, on your sailing it might have been due to staffing as on a few of the cruises some crew had gotten Covid and were in isolation.

Keith

• Like 1

Excited to think about being back in that favorite spot; The Bistro, but I must say the decor is disappointing. Particularly on Symphony it seems to be very cold and  modern with uncomfortable looking chairs. Maybe they don’t want us to linger! We hope this isn’t going to be the trend for most of the decor on the ships..Ugh. Still can’t wait to be back onboard and have a look!

• Like 2

The lingering in the Bistro issue is a two-sided coin.  For those who get to the Bistro early and linger, it's all about the comfort.  For those who show up at the Bistro and there are no chairs that are open, because folks have been there forever, it's about availability for other guests.

Can't please everyone.

• Like 3

As a reminder to some these are just renderings.

I am reminded that when Serenity first came out that many people criticized the colors in various public areas. As time went along I stopped hearing about this including on CC.  I guess for me I always say to myself I am not buying the ship just sailing on it.  I also say to myself that what one person dislikes another one likes and that doesn't apply only to cruise ships and hotels but also to ones home.

I sit back and say I am glad that new Crystal is updating several of the public areas and can't wait to see each ship. Over the years on the most part we have been very pleased with the changes.  Once in awhile they don't go as planned such as the removal of the couches but as they say you live and learn.

Keith

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

Costco has just started selling boxes of Portuguese tarts in our local warehouse.  Check your cold case section. 😉

I have just returned from Madeira and they have been the best that I have ever had.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:04 PM, 1st time aboard said:

Agree 100%.  We did several cruises on both Symphony and Serenity post COVID, and we were surprised that the Bistro was closed in the evening.  The first one in July was open but the later ones in November and Jan were closed.  Thought it was more of a cost cutting issue at the end.   I do hope they will reopen it in the relaunch.

Yes the desert, the cheese and wine were a perfect night cap.

I never had an issue with not getting a place, used to hang with my computer at the table for 2 by the pillar or at the coffee bar, usually catching up on some emails or work and satisfying my caffeine fix..    

On 4/6/2023 at 5:09 PM, suzeluvscruz said:

Right you are. Guess they don't want anyone sitting there too long.

And that wallpaper😱

Your comment reminds me of the alleged last words of Oscar Wilde.  "Either that dreadful wall paper goes, or I do."

While I agree that the paper is a bit too busy for my taste, I think the rest of it is rather subdued.  Could be worse. Could be Las Vegas at sea like Carnival.

• Haha 2

Last time we checked in at the Avenida Palace Hotel in Lisbon it was around 10 pm and we were very hungry. Our biggest surprise when we got to our room was to find a box with two Portuguese Tarts still warm from the oven. The most delicious thing I've ever had 😉. They must have sent them up while we were checking in.

• Like 4