The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 15th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for all of the wonderful information and pictures. This is my first time posting here. I love the vibe. 

Today in Pennsylvania it is raining. No outdoor planned today. Tomorrow I will venture out to the garden center and pick up supplies. 

My plan today is to finish grading student papers, laundry, and get the taxes done. 

I continue with my countdown, 43 days until I board the Nieuw Amsterdam in Whittier for my Alaskan cruise. 

• Like 26

I just looked at the cruisemapper map tab on my computer and see that the Rotterdam has changed directions and seems to be heading away from Plymouth England.  Anyone on board know what's going on?  A ship in distress nearby?  Maybe it's nothing and they have so much time to get to port they're doing doughnuts at sea.  Just curious.image.thumb.png.b7bfbe94175a53aa0020c4e585b9ce36.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Denise T said:

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for all of the wonderful information and pictures. This is my first time posting here. I love the vibe. 

Today in Pennsylvania it is raining. No outdoor planned today. Tomorrow I will venture out to the garden center and pick up supplies. 

My plan today is to finish grading student papers, laundry, and get the taxes done. 

I continue with my countdown, 43 days until I board the Nieuw Amsterdam in Whittier for my Alaskan cruise. 

Welcome to the Daily and Fleet Report!  Glad to see you posting.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Welcome

• Like 16

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Got word yesterday that a cousin’s DH died. Made calls to my siblings last night and now making arrangements to go to NY next week for wake and funeral. Lots to do. 

I am the youngest of all my cousins. Combined with spouses we are now 23 still living. Have lost 3 in last 7 months. I expect we’ll be losing in the not too distant future. 

I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin's DH.  Hugs and healing thoughts to you and  your cousin.

14 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Welcome to the Daily, Denise!  We look forward to hearing much more from you.  

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Bon voyage cruise ship Captain anchor World Travel' Men's T-Shirt |  Spreadshirt

Love this meme.  May I steal it to use on the BV threads?  I won’t use it here of course.  Thanks 🙂

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

apparently after laying down all night, there is discharge from higher up where the injection was (I knew it!), but when I saw the doctor after being upright for a while it was from lower down. So I adjusted the gauze pad and rewrapped the leg.

Darn on that discharge not being spotted in the right place when. You were at the Ortho 😔 

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

You have quite the green thumb! I wish I was closer to get a couple of tomato plants. 

I wish you were closer too - I’d love to give you some once they have a few more leaves on them.

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Got word yesterday that a cousin’s DH died. Made calls to my siblings last night and now making arrangements to go to NY next week for wake and funeral. Lots to do. 

Oh Maureen, I am so sorry to hear this.  My condolences.

41 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Welcome to the Daily, Denise 🙂.  Hope to see more of your posts here in the future 🤞 

• Like 15

44 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Welcome to the Daily Denise!

• Like 15

43 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Welcome to the thread.  I’m fairly new to the Daily, and tell you this is such a welcoming, encouraging group!  I like starting my day with the Daily and ️  

• Like 18

Thank you Sandi, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here! Happy Saturday!

Some photos off of my phone from our stay in Venice last October before heading to the Oosterdam later that week for the Tranatlantic.

Our first evening in Venice after disembarking the MSC Splendida in Genoa. Fantastic restaurant, "Trattoria Povoledo", along the Grand Canal near the train station. The quintessential photo subject of Venice.

1029221958c1.thumb.jpg.e4ce17599e6b25221b0c2fb3effb7bb8.jpg

The smaller white building in the middle was our hotel, "Hotel Filu", along the Canale de Cannaregio. It actually hosts a YouTube 24-hour webcam as well.

10292220271.thumb.jpg.7c09c4ad78e1061bb6ccb216f3f30bd4.jpg

The view the next morning from our hotel looking at the Ponte delle Guglio, and Grand Canal in the distance.

1102220729a1.thumb.jpg.4233bb6ffd8360777149a34477cfb7b3.jpg

My brother's favorite Ventian caffe on St. Mark's Square.

1031221322a1.thumb.jpg.f7317e7e7cba49476ce7b882b0136d2d.jpg

The Caffe Florian.

10312213231.thumb.jpg.6459a7e0dc568d3a0003c1386a179dcc.jpg

In honor of my brother.

10312213421.thumb.jpg.ec6026ec65a2ff2ec776756c93683cdb.jpg

From our daytrip across the lagoon to Murano.

1101221149a_HDR1.thumb.jpg.45c4f8949f98f384d781ae1230523108.jpg

And one of the 16 trains we rode on our trip. This one from Venizia Santa Lucia to Milano Centralle.

1102221327_HDR1.thumb.jpg.d968f69759e60a6eec834b854d34a869.jpg

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Welcome!

• Like 14

Good morning!!!  So glad to hear that people and luggage made it to FLL. I hate to start a vacation stressed out and worrying. Will try to watch sail away.

Cold this morning. Temps were not too bad.... but the wind was brisk and sharp. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow and I will postpone rug washing until then.So today..... just more sorting. Taxes are done so I intend to work slowly and maybe read this afternoon. Don't feel like pushing it. No reason to that I can see.

Back later.

Susan

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Sandi, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here! Happy Saturday!

Some photos off of my phone from our stay in Venice last October before heading to the Oosterdam later that week for the Tranatlantic.

Our first evening in Venice after disembarking the MSC Splendida in Genoa. Fantastic restaurant, "Trattoria Povoledo", along the Grand Canal near the train station. The quintessential photo subject of Venice.

1029221958c1.thumb.jpg.e4ce17599e6b25221b0c2fb3effb7bb8.jpg

The white building in the middle was our hotel, "Hotel Filu", along the Canale de Cannaregio.

10292220271.thumb.jpg.7c09c4ad78e1061bb6ccb216f3f30bd4.jpg

The view the next morning from our hotel looking at the Ponte delle Guglio, and Grand Canal in the distance.

1102220729a1.thumb.jpg.4233bb6ffd8360777149a34477cfb7b3.jpg

My brother's favorite Ventian caffe on St. Mark's Square.

1031221322a1.thumb.jpg.f7317e7e7cba49476ce7b882b0136d2d.jpg

The Caffe Florian.

10312213231.thumb.jpg.6459a7e0dc568d3a0003c1386a179dcc.jpg

In honor of my brother.

10312213421.thumb.jpg.ec6026ec65a2ff2ec776756c93683cdb.jpg

From our daytrip across the lagoon to Murano.

1101221149a_HDR1.thumb.jpg.45c4f8949f98f384d781ae1230523108.jpg

And one of the 16 trains we rode on our trip. This one from Venizia Santa Lucia to Milano Centralle.

1102221327_HDR1.thumb.jpg.d968f69759e60a6eec834b854d34a869.jpg

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Great photos!  The goodies from Caffe Florian look so good!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

We have a foggy day here in Ft Myers. We’re here and have a large number of CC “family” to thank for guidance and support. Years ago I took some navigation classes at the community college sailing school and the instructor (Walt Gleckler) drilled into our heads to seek local knowledge. (He took a 1 year sabbatical and sailed his boat with his family around the South Pacific and studied the vocal music of the areas.) Anyway, you all provided that local knowledge and we are grateful. 

We meet our Uber in a few minutes. Gotta go. Here’s a picture of Rover1.

IMG_0072.thumb.jpeg.fb49b51193179b3108d9df922d7e3297.jpeg

I am curious about the orange striping. Did you apply it? Just what I am looking for.

- Jack

• Like 12

1 minute ago, ottahand7 said:

@kazu  You sure can use the meme.  I just find them on Google Images and copy and paste.   Since this isn't for commercial use I figured it would be OK.  I use a lot of them with my Powerpoints but with proper attribution.   

Many Thanks -  I google too for mine but hadn’t seen this one.  I really like it 🙂 

• Like 13

I got a lot done, considering that I sat around all winter and the knee. I don't want to push it. So now it's relax the rest of the day or do little things to get ready.

@StLouisCruisers I have Annie's @marshhawk cruise on the list I sent to Eva @superoma. Also a couple of events on that list.

@Denise T Welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily! We hope to see you here often.

@Heartgrove Great photos from Venice! Thanks for sharing.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Is it possible to appreciate husbands if you don't have or want one? I have always found Anaïs Nin's writing interesting but not always comprehensible. Income tax is not due today, which is a good think since my return isn't finished. Around here, sometimes every day seems to be laundry day.

I cook salmon that way occasionally, but I really prefer it sautéed. No on the cocktail but I might like the wine. I was booked for a cruise from Venice in 2021 that was cancelled (after being shifted to embarking from Ravenna) and when I rebooked for 2022, I chose one embarking from Athens.

Dinner last night was sautéed chicken, from a recipe on Julia Child's very first TV series. I had planned to bake it with a sauce, but it was 86° outside and I didn't want to use the oven. Tonight will likely be the chicken again, with baked potato--it's not as hot today--and salad.

I found out why I felt so awful after mowing yesterday: there was an air-quality warning here, in addition to the wildfire warning that started on Thursday. Neither is in effect for today.

Garden club: I have in mind to rebuild a raised bed alongside the (real) walk to the front door. It's only 4 inches high and the timbers are rotting, plus the soil is compacted and not very fertile. The question is whether to do it now or in the fall. I'm leaning toward the fall, both because there is too much else to do now, and because there are clumps of narcissi that will not have matured before other plants need to be in the ground. If I wait, I can dig and store the bulbs; perennials will have to be lifted, but only briefly.

This raised bed was built by the previous owners, probably in the 1950s. I've added more in the back, because the soil here is shallow and rocky, especially on my street where the lots were all filled, it seems mainly with rock, to make them level.

deductedbyalients.thumb.jpg.c403b8b0b2d70b0f3d25d69b202f3e50.jpgpettingzoo.thumb.jpg.1bab758836e9cba8712756488ca5ebf1.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I got a lot done, considering that I sat around all winter and the knee. I don't want to push it. So now it's relax the rest of the day or do little things to get ready.

@StLouisCruisers I have Annie's @marshhawk cruise on the list I sent to Eva @superoma. Also a couple of events on that list.

@Denise T Welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily! We hope to see you here often.

@Heartgrove Great photos from Venice! Thanks for sharing.

Yes, take the rest of the day easy.  I'm glad you got the outside work done.  And you will be leaving Eva @superoma in good hands - that I know.  Thanks for your reply.

• Like 15

Good morning Dailyites. 

I haven't posted in a few days and need to catch up on everyone's lives.

I have been helping a friend clean out her mother's boxes (she passed away in November) as well as my friends boxes for a living estate sale yesterday and today. She has boxes and boxes of jewelry we put aside to sort thru later and we will have a jewelry sale at my house in a few weeks. I emptied out boxes of crystal,  silver, dishes, lladro and Polish pottery, paintings. They've lived in their home since the 50's and she had boxes she never unpacked when they came back from Germany. I took 3 girlfriends with me to help set tables up and lay things out. It's been crazy! We all "shopped" as we unpacked the boxes and came home with a trunk full of stuff.. 

I will take extra time tomorrow and read over cares, prayers, and celebrations. I know we have sail away today for Sharon and several other Daily members. Hoping everyone has fair winds and following seas.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Denise T said:

Welcome! Hope to see more from you!

• Like 14