Do you fold or trim your printed luggage tags?

zitsky

32 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I use a label marker for last name, then add to printed LT.

I have one of those!!!  But I hate peeling off the labels with my fingernails.  It takes me 3 tries.

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

I can't believe some people. Not folding is among the worst things about cruising. Seeing people who didn't fold before cruising is just a reminder of how the standards in cruising have fallen. Things get wrinkled and....

Oh, wait...luggage tags? I thought we were talking about clothes in the MDR....Never mind!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, kayehall said:

I used to print in color, fold and then laminate.  Now I print in color, fold and place in plastic holders bought on Amazon

16 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I fold and then use clear packing tape on them to make them stronger, then staple.  NEVER had one rip or come off

I'm a print, cut and laminate guy. Then they get zip tied to the suitcases and never get removed. It reminds of the old pictures of steamer trunks with all the stickers of place names on it. My luggage shows my cruising history. At times a few get lost in transit due to airline abuse to the luggage. 

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ditto. Well, IF I have checked bags (rare).

I'm amazed at the number of people who still have home printers.

We still have several in the house. A couple of color laser printers and one B/W Copier/Scanner/Printer/Fax. I even have a couple of inkjet printers in storage at my offsite storage unit. Still in constant use as I run my own consulting business from our home. Still need to print stuff for cruises, as I always take hard copy of the important documents (Travel Insurance, Itinerary and Private Tour info). You never know when your device that has the soft copies may go kaput. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Or Staples (or any paper supply store) etc.

No young person now owns a printer, so places to print are plentiful (and cheap)

Where are these places?  I print at work.  I am reluctant to plug in a personal USB key or logon to email on a “strange” computer that I don’t control.  Those print or photo stations are a great way to spread viruses.  I don’t have much faith in these company’s IT departments.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Where are these places?  I print at work.  I am reluctant to plug in a personal USB key or logon to email on a “strange” computer that I don’t control.  Those print or photo stations are a great way to spread viruses.  I don’t have much faith in these company’s IT departments.

We are retired, so the "printing at work" days are behind us. 😉

There is no need to login to another computer or touch anything, most places ( like Staples)  allow you to log in and send your file from home which can be just picked up, or you just do it from your phone on location (I don't see too many people still bringing in USB's)

At some point, you do have to trust their IT, but of all our IT dealings, sending print job is the least of our worries.

8 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ditto. Well, IF I have checked bags (rare).

I'm amazed at the number of people who still have home printers.

We have a home printer, but my 2 adult children don't have one. Guess who is constantly being asked to print out things for them? Just last week: school permission slip, passport renewal form, and Amazon return slip. Plus when they stop by to pick up said print out, we get to feed them dinner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Am I a rebel? I print out double the number of tags needed, fill in the last name field, cut them out and then put them into plastic luggage tag holders so both sides include my name. That means that the Celebrity logo and brand X is cut off. We assume that every porter knows which ship is the APEX but let me know if I'm living too dangerously. 

Edited by DebInAntigua
typo

21 hours ago, kayehall said:

I used to print in color, fold and then laminate.  Now I print in color, fold and place in plastic holders bought on Amazon

Are the Celebrity tags the same size as RC?  I bought plastic holders for our last RC cruise in 2016, but haven't sailed with them since then. Just found the holders in the side pocket of a suitcase the other day.

13 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Are the Celebrity tags the same size as RC?  I bought plastic holders for our last RC cruise in 2016, but haven't sailed with them since then. Just found the holders in the side pocket of a suitcase the other day.

Yes.  I just printed mine for my upcoming cruise and they look exactly the same as RCCL.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

We assume that every porter knows which ship is the APEX but let me know if I'm living too dangerously. 

At the end of last season in Seattle, we had two Carnival ships in port on the same day.  One was sailing to Alaska, the other one was a multi week trans-pacific to Australia.  We would constantly check to make sure passengers were in the correct line.  Everyone was hyper-aware about luggage tags for each ship, but it was a challenge.  

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

I note they say to fold. I don’t see why.  I miss getting tags in the mail.

I know when to hold 'em.  I know when to fold 'em.  I know when to walk away.  😇

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm 51, but yeah. I rarely need to print anything and if I do I just go to the library and do it.

Our town does not have a library.  Or Staples.  But I do understand that printers are passe' for a lot of younger folks.  It is still easier for me to have a printer on my desk to use when I need it.  I guess I'm stuck in my generation!😀

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

Am I a rebel? I print out double the number of tags needed, fill in the last name field, cut them out and then put them into plastic luggage tag holders so both sides include my name. That means that the Celebrity logo and brand X is cut off. We assume that every porter knows which ship is the APEX but let me know if I'm living too dangerously. 

Wow!  I’m amazed that Celebrity hasn’t canceled your cruise for doing your luggage tags incorrectly.  🙂  🥸

Edited by zitsky

On 4/19/2023 at 8:29 AM, DaKahuna said:

That is true but I still fold them anyway to put into the holders.  I find if they are folded, making them thicker, they slide in and out of the plastic holders easier than if they are trimmed before putting in the holders.

That's just what I said.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:50 PM, zitsky said:

I note they say to fold. I don’t see why.  I miss getting tags in the mail.

We fold and put in plastic tag protectors.  Ones be bought work for both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.  Had a style that works for HAL and Carnival.

We travel with a couple that just fold theirs and staple them around luggage handles and that works for them.

13 hours ago, Texed said:

I know when to hold 'em.  I know when to fold 'em.  I know when to walk away.  😇

I don't " hold 'em " ----I don't 'fold em "-----I know when to " walk away " -----

LOL---As soon as the Porter puts on the tags and thanks me for the $ 5.00 tip ( $7.00 Canadian ).

And, I'm not slowing the " process " --- There's lots of Porters to assist.