CocoCay. Thrill Waterpark $170pp???

bmak246

8 minutes ago, bmak246 said:

Is it just me or does $170pp sound a little excessive for a couple of hours at CocoCay thrill waterpark. I am booked on the 11/20/23 Allure. 

Way excessive--especially when multiplied by multiple kids and parents.  But some parents have trouble saying no to their kids.  Witness Disney.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, bmak246 said:

Is it just me or does $170pp sound a little excessive for a couple of hours at CocoCay thrill waterpark. I am booked on the 11/20/23 Allure. 

We have never, ever spent one extra dime for anything at Coco Cay and have always had an awesome time!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On Black Friday we paid $54pp for our upcoming Sept cruise. Also paid $120pp less for UDP then it is going for now. Point being prices have sky rocketed for everything but the algorithm knows the exact price point for maximum profits.  Need to remember these are all add-ons and not necessary to have an amazing cruise experience

I just looked up a few prices...

Typhoon Lagoon at Walt Disney World is $69 per person.

Volcano Bay at Universal Studios Orlando is $80 for adults, $75 for kids.

Aquatica at Sea World Orlando is $47.99 - if purchased with a dining plan, its $82.98.

$170 for the waterpark at Coco Cay seems outrageous to me. 

• Like 8

It was $99 last black friday for bella1. I think the other one was also posted supposedly half price at $149 which is the one with lobster lunch. The lunch served is really nice. Id come closer to paying that than the thrill waterpark. Used to love rides though so close. I wouldn't personally pay over $100 pp.

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

We have never, ever spent one extra dime for anything at Coco Cay and have always had an awesome time!!

Same here.  We go to Chill Island, grab our free loungers/umbrella near Wacky Seagull Bar and chill.  Have the package so our drinks are included.  Love the free buffets, husband like the Snack Shack.  Have such a great time there, other than tips, we don't spend a dime.  Been going for years and see not reason for any of the extra stuff that costs money.

• Like 3

I look at it by how else I could spend that money.  An annual pass to the nice nearby water park is cheaper.   If someone didn't live where there was outdoor water parks, there is probably a Great Wolf Lodge where they could spend the weekend for the same money.  

Just like $3,499 for the floating cabanas on CocoCay. Just like the Hilltop cabanas at labadee.  They keep upping the cost, and people keep paying.  Like @Dewaldcruiser said, once they hit a number that is too high, people won't pay, and prices will drop. But, with cruise demands way up - they are cashing in. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

Supply and demand.  If it is truly an outrageous price, few will pay and the price will come down.  Time will tell.

Is waterpark any way comparable to the Florida waterparks mentioned earlier in this thread?  

Just now, basenji56 said:

Is waterpark any way comparable to the Florida waterparks mentioned earlier in this thread?  

Since you attached your comment to the "Supply and demand" comment, I'd argue that's your question in context is irrelevant.  When it's your only option, it's a binary decision. 

Royal invested millions of $$$ leasing the island, designing the island, building the facilities, maintaining the facilities, building the docks, bringing in the labor and supplies,,,, why in the heck would they charge $65pp if people are willing to pay $170pp?

30 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Here is the map for the Coco cay waterpark.  

image.png.cf21025bab970bd8294c89cf07d2eada.png

Where that map is located

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/perfect-day-cococay-map

Daredevils Peak is supposed to be super-duper tall, otherwise that looks *meh*.   
You can compare that with your local water park.   

Since you mention Florida, Universal's Volcano Bay includes a fast river and a water coaster both of are game-changers compared to the standard water slides.   It still has the standard lazy river and wave pool.  

While it is true that CocoCay is the only option that day.   Most people would have the option to go to another water park on another day and do it up right. 

My next trip to Cococay isn't until Dec 2024 so nothing imminent but at the current price ($179) It isn't worth it.  I'd used it for an hour or two at the most.  The rest of the time I'd want to be relaxing, eating and drinking.  I'd pay $79 probably but that would be it.