The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 1st, 2023

richwmn

Good morning. Currently mid seventies and will be in mid nineties with no rain expected today. Joined a Webinar showcasing the third segment  of our World Cruise yesterday. They are doing a good job of highlighting  activities and excursions at each port of call. We have already planned many private excursions.
We enjoyed a Thai Larb salad for dinner that Sue made. Watched our usual news, Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune some reading and off to bed. A simple but happy life. 
Have a man coming by today to give estimate for downsizing some shrubbery and clearing some undergrowth around our heavily wooded backyard. Mother Nature has been closing in so in need of good sprucing up.

So that’s what’s happening around here. Thanks for the Reports and Postings from our Daily friends and distant neighbors.

Have a grand day. Bruce

image.jpeg.4a322c09f730b035947f9e1cc1408e50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.54c31dd110d76a09f68829b02584f888.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b40d3a96dcac67b416b66e92e38e4f2f.jpegimage.jpeg.bf5f48547563445e1c9dfde78e3d9c8f.jpegimage.jpeg.9cfc31a699cfe3606211cc9a51f60cb2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.62bafee684bedf0b1abbb583f7603a3f.jpegimage.jpeg.6bcc91bb3dd1f525ea0e40a5c19173e4.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 25

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

I did say this to myself before I got out of bed.  We all need the luck.

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Currently 74 degrees in Stone Mountain.  I have climbed that mountain, and never again.  I have taken the sky ride up, and walked down.  

2106987be8bd6d4465040f504e209966.jpg

Better known for this

ap21144742512026.jpg

I have climbed Mt. Tom in Vermont

c33f85d1216c8ca2ce62ec59d877c49b.jpg

I love eggplant parm, and like @kochleffelwill accept any delivery of it, anytime.

I love my girl friends.

Today is therapy, walk the dog, make the lunch, Chuck has a visual visit from the oncologist who is recommending immunotherapy at 2, I have a zoom training class at 3 for two hours, and then I go to work, until 9.  

While I enjoy getting the 40 a week for walking the dog, I really hope that my neighbor retires.  I have a string of days this month that walking the dog, just wont happen.  Like yesterday.  I did warn her, it would be a very late walk.  She got home at the same time I did, so she walked the dog.  I need to take away one responsibility to make my life a little easier.  On the other nhand, I need the walk, but it is really too hot for either me or the dog to enjoy.

64619248eb140bf0c4355cbc4d0a6780.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Rabbit, rabbit. None of the special days does much for me.

I would be fine with eggplant parmesan, and you can deliver it at 6:00 p.m. Pass on the drink, OK on the wine. Taylor's makes a so-called Madeira in the Finger Lakes but of course it is totally inauthentic. I haven't been to Walvis Bay.

My typical breakfast at this time of year is overnight oats, but this morning it was cold in the house and I warmed the oats in the microwave.

moseying.thumb.jpg.7c3f55e95f4d288c76ae3753b185d5de.jpg

I guess you can call me Moses too!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Rabbits rabbits white rabbits! 
It’s gonna be a great day!  Thank you all for your prayers, wishes and positive energy, helps so much!  It’s been a long wait getting to this eye surgery to emplace a stent to drain fluid and lower the pressure. Amazing new technology. I’ll update later. 

@1ANGELCAT 🙏 for Barb, her care team and all her loved ones. Early treatment is rare but so hopeful. 

Love eggplant parm!  I was taught to salt the slices and stack them in a bowl, put a dish on top smaller diameter than the bowl and add a small bowl of water to press the eggplant and draw out the bitter juices. 

Lost a dear GF 10 yrs ago to uterine cancer.  Am blessed with more dear GFs!  They are lifelines!  

Salute to CS Lewis!  Be back here later!  Blessings all!

Maureen 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites!

A beautiful morning to kick off the day. I thought about white rabbits yesterday morning,  but forgot today til I logged into CC.

Had a nice prime rib dinner with friends downtown last night. I don't know how hungry we will be tonight since we have couples pedicures and lunch with friends. 

I love my girlfriends,  love and teach Mahjongg, and lived on Superstition Mountain in Apache Junction, Arizona. 

I'm saving the eggplant recipes. Love eggplant!

Prayers lifted to every single person on our care list. My love and blessings go out to you all.

Have a great day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info to all the contributors.

National Mountain Climbing Day. I use to climb mountains and still do. Every time I go home I have to climb a mountain here in Florida cause the house is 42 feet above sea level. I can even see Russia from here! 😀

Seriously the last major mountain I claimed was off the VoV cruise in 2010 in Iceland. We stopped at this small island on the southern end of Iceland where next to the port was the +800 foot tall volcano. This volcano actually erupted years ago and the locals had to constantly pour water on the lava from keeping it from blocking the channel into the port. It was interesting that as you climbed the volcano the hotter the ground got and at the top I would guess the ground was over 100 degrees.

I climbed the same mountain and one thing that I found out was that I am not in condition to climb anything with loose gravel on the paths.

Susan

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

I climbed the same mountain and one thing that I found out was that I am not in condition to climb anything with loose gravel on the paths.

Susan

Susan, I forgot about the loose gravel on the paths. It was more difficult walking down than up. I forgot you were on the same VoV cruise as me.

• Like 12

The white rabbit says Good Morning to All!  😆  I have never played Mahjong and my knees just make climbing mountains difficult.  Though I have done Tumamoc Hill several times here in Tucson.  I rarely have had girlfriends; I tend to find them more catty and I enjoy the company of males more.  They talk sports and fun stuff like that.  But I do have a couple of female friends that I keep in contact with.  I might try the eggplant parm but I would rather have baba ganoush.  Unsure of the quote though I like CS Lewis, the drink sounds delicious, wine not bad and never have been to Namibia.  Thank goodness for Priestley!!

Gym was at 0500 and will stay that way every Tuesday.  I get up at 0400 to prepare and I didn't think that was enough time.  I like to rest, and drink coffee and get ready for the day.  May have to start getting up at 0330.  Thursdays is still at 0530 so getting up at 0400 is perfect.  I have my classroom mgmt class today - only 3.5 hours so not bad.  Then a conference call.

It has been interesting taking my BP twice a day.  I like that it is good and there are no worries with hypertension!!  My knee appt was cancelled for tomorrow and rescheduled for the 14th.  I hope I can be included as my R knee is just downright painful.  And I am not a pill taker so - I just get on with it.

The rain last night was pleasant.  I love the way the desert smells after it rains.  The full moon this morning was amazing but unfortunately when I got out of the car at the gym there were too many things in the way to take a pic.

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those sailing and celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30

Checked in at the outpatient center. It’ll be a day of waiting. 

I should have added that the eggplant slices should sit under the weight for a couple of hours, then rinse them off. 

@smitty34877 the chemo pump for 48 hrs at home sounds better than doing it in a facility. New methods!  One day at a time is Everything!  👍

@kazu best hopes for Ivan and you today!  

@rafinmd Roy, I’m sorry you’re not in Alaska but happy for you to have exciting cruises coming up. Hoping your exit strategy from QM will work out. The availability of immigration staff should be an issue. Just the deviation paperwork. 

Happy to hear passports are coming through. I need to check with future grandson-in-law that he’s started the renewal process for their honeymoon cruise in Dec. I know they have a lot of details to deal with for the wedding but a passport is critical path!  

@Cruzin Terri, do they have the parts, or a replacement unit?  🤞

Mary Kay, @Cruisin Along? thinking of you and your transition to a new environment! 

Waiting….  thanks for being here with me!  m—

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm grateful for girlfriends, have never learned the real way to play Mahjong (only the matching tiles part on the computer), and climbed one of the mountains at Whistler, BC with friends.

Late to the party today, DH was up and down like a jack in the box last night due to stomach issues from the gout medication.  Thankfully the medicine is working and his foot is feeling much better; yesterday I went out and got a couple of bottles of cherry juice capsules that he'll start taking in a couple of days.

I've mentioned he's waiting for an angiogram - well he tells me his angina is getting worse, so I called the cardiac cath lab yesterday to see where he was on the list for an appointment, and that he's not getting any better, but worse.  It just happens there was a cancellation on Thursday this week, so we'll be at the hospital by 7:30 that morning to check him in to see what's happening with his arteries.  Hopefully it's just another stent that's required, which can be done then and there, and he'll be home before dinner that night.  

Today I've got breakfast with my colleagues, and DH has a hair cut, but before that it'll be time to close up the house as it should hit a high of +34 (93F).  That means the A/C will definitely be working most of the day to help keep us cool.  I'm not a fan of today's menu suggestion or wine, although I'd take the drink, as it sounds quite refreshing for a hot summer's day.  Because of the heat, I think we'll be having a simple dinner of grilled chicken Caesar salad in the pergola tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our dear friends sister was removed from life support last night. Waiting for news.

So very sorry to hear this 😢. My prayers for your friend’s sister and all of you 🙏 

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I forgot to say Oliver knows "up" "uh oh" and "outside". I'm so proud of him! 2 weeks with us after his horrible ordeal..

Woo hoo!  Good boy 🐕 

2 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I've mentioned he's waiting for an angiogram - well he tells me his angina is getting worse, so I called the cardiac cath lab yesterday to see where he was on the list for an appointment, and that he's not getting any better, but worse.  It just happens there was a cancellation on Thursday this week, so we'll be at the hospital by 7:30 that morning to check him in to see what's happening with his arteries.  Hopefully it's just another stent that's required, which can be done then and there, and he'll be home before dinner that night.  

Oh dear, Gerry.  😞. Prayers for your sweet DH that this can be resolved easily 🙏 

@RMLincoln waiting is so hard - my prayers are with you 🙏 

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu How long does it rake to see if Ivan's 2nd shot works? Hoping it's a positive outcome? 

It shouldn’t take long, I hope.  The first one is in his system.  The second one is supposed to reinforce it and improvement should be quite quick.  If it works, he will be getting one every month for the rest of his life.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all!

I treasure all my girlfriends, one I've had since we were 9 years old.  I've never played Mahjong or climbed a mountain, but my dear Dad climbed Mt. Baker (our closest mountain and also an active volcano) when he was young.  I agree with the quote, there were many books I enjoyed just as much as the children did when I read to them.  

I'll pass on the meal, the drink sounds good and I would try the wine -- sounds interesting.  Have never been to this port -- thank you Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for the great photos!

Today will be another day of gardening and cruise planning.  Happy to say my cold was brief and seems to be on its way out -- yay!

@1ANGELCAT Prayers for your friend for a successful surgery and treatment.  Pancreatic cancer is a horrible disease that took a good friend and my DFIL.

Terry @smitty34877 Sending prayers for your DH as he undergoes his chemo treatments.

@RMLincoln Prayers for your DH as he has his eye surgery today.

Gerry @ger_77 So glad your DH could get in this week to see the doctor about his increasing angina.  

Some photos of the mountain dear Dad climbed.  Mt. Baker, 10,681 feet.

This one was taken from Dad's house.  He loved that mountain all his life.

fromDadshouse.thumb.jpg.14946394b6a4b4a7a8e120c78c67b93c.jpg

And from a plane.

fromplane.jpg.f518c1409961c39511af826bcbbbade8.jpg

This one from the road.

Mt.Bakerfromroad.jpg.6897600c11508448cd57ea0aea36ee36.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

@RMLincoln, Maureen. I hope you don't  have a long wait and all goes well with the surgery.

DH received 3 different meds thru the port In the infusion  center before the portable pump system was started.We go back on Wednesday  to get disconnected! The nurse was amazing and I thought of you!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Susan, I forgot about the loose gravel on the paths. It was more difficult walking down than up. I forgot you were on the same VoV cruise as me.

The walking down was what convinced me to not walk up that type of path again. Fortunately I got some assistance. Otherwise I really enjoyed that port.

Susan

• Like 19

Thank you Rich, thank you Tina, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Late posting today after a busy morning along with another fitness session. @0106 Tina, I agree with you ordering eggplant when I see it on a menu! When I have a meeting in the evening and need to eat dinner early, Sue will sometimes buy a frozen "Michael Angelo's Eggplant Parmigiana" for me. Not the best but better IMO than the other brands. 

Stress Test for Sue tomorrow so will be on late again tomorrow. This will be the last check after her rapid heartbeat epizodes. Of course she wore the monitor for 30 days and it never occurred!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all.... late as I had my appointment with the new podiatrist this morning. She evaluated and snipped away and looked at what was done before. I go back in a month for whatever final (?) action she wants to take. It was relatively painless. Anyway, the foot feels better. But I know I am going to have to invest in new walking shoes. And my dress shoes for cruise will not be very dressy.It re

Diane's service was yesterday and was very nice and low key. It was also crowded .... mainly us grey haired ladies. I talked with her brother afterwards and he confirmed what I suspected about cause of death. I did find out that one of the workers at the humane society took the older cat home with her. Not sure it will stay there (her husband will not be best pleased and he is away right now) but it makes the cat much more comfortable for now and gives the younger one a better chance at adoption as it will not be as stressed and acting out trying to beat up the older one. And all of this reminds me that I have to update my paperwork, especially as Diane was my local contact in case of emergency.

I will take the eggplant parm.... one of my favorite dishes if someone else makes it.

Better get back to work. I have a little list.

Best wishes to all including baby Murphy, Barb and all others heading into hospitals, doctor's offices, vet offices and other stressful situations.

Susan

• Like 30

Waiting…. in pre-op. Some disagreements about what procedures he’ll have today. Different needs for anesthesia…. 
Haven’t talked to his doctor yet. We’re 40 mins behind but that’s not too bad. It’ll all happen and I just need to be present and breathe…. I’m confident she’ll take excellent care of him. He’s really a great patient, and I’m very grateful for each step!  

Susan, I’m sorry you’ve lost your friend Diane. I’m sure her cats miss her and are very upset. It was nice that the older one was taken in for a bit. Good for you to have the foresight to get some changes made to your paperwork soon, hard as it is. 

@smitty34877, so glad Lou’s nurse was amazing!  🙏 Blessings for you all!  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit!  Thanks and good wishes to all today!

@smitty34877 glad the chemo went well

@ger_77 so glad you got a cancelation for dh

@Cruising-along love that mountain,  my last aunt can see it from her home.  
@RMLincoln prayers all goes well

@Seasick Sailor sorry for your news! 

sunse last night and some of my favourite mountains! 

IMG_2557.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

IMG_3249.jpeg

IMG_0220.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 4