richwmn

Today is Left Hander's Day, Middle Child's Day, and National Garage Sale Day

Everything you can imagine is real.--Pablo Picasso

Meal Suggestion for today - Air Fryer Cauliflower Tacos
Drink of the Day - Black Sunset
Wine of the Day - Domaine Bousquet - Reserve Pinot Noir 2021
Destination of the Day - Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico Riviera

Today in History:
1521 Spanish conquistadors under Hernán Cortés capture Aztec Emperor Cuauhtémoc in Tenochtitlan marking the end of the Aztec Empire

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea destination Juneau, Alaska eta 14 Aug

Koningsdam

at sea destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska eta 14 Aug

Nieuw Amsterdam

Vancouver, Canada d1600

Nieuw Statendam

Dun Laoghaire, Ireland 0800-1800

Noordam

Whittier, Alaska d2000

Oosterdam

Istanbul, Turkey

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Eidfjord, Norway eta 14 Aug

Volendam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington d1500

Zaandam

Grundarfjordur, Iceland 0800-1700

Zuiderdam

At Sea destination Djupivogur, Iceland eta 14 Aug

0813Alaska.thumb.png.dcb32882b9a55dbacb9ef1f8665e4f09.png

0813Atlantic.thumb.png.3ea854fbae881d42e84bbf20c9890560.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 18

Today’s Care list:

Smitty34877’s DH Lou in the hospital

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-op, hopefully off ECMO soon

4 Dead, 1 missing in house explosion + fire in neighboring houses Plum, PA

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Ill pets – Heartgrove’s Sam. Cruising sister’s Molly

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina town gone

Canadian/US/Greek wildfires, storms/flooding, dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again and again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Crusing-along’s niece Jeannine with MS recurrence

1Angelcat’s friend Barb recovering from surgery for pancreatic cancer

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia

Catmando with cancer recurrence

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 75th Birthday StLouisCruiser’s DH Dennis! (corrected date)

Happy Anniversary Copper10-8! (corrected date)

Welcome Home AV8rix!

StLouisCruiser’s DGS Ren invited to soccer tournament in Mexico City

Ger_77’s DH with good angiogram report

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

Mamaofami’s DH Sam released from the hospital to rehab

RMLincoln in NY for a family gathering

Highland Cruiser in Yellowstone Park with DGS

Aliaschief visiting DS in PA

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas Aug 17 to Aug 26)

Dfish (Zaandam to Aug 23), StLouisCruisers (Zaandam to Aug 23) and NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 19

Good morning and thank you for today's daily reports.

We had a lovely church service.

I am right handed but learned to use my left foot as well as my right foot for football when I was younger.

There is a car boot ( garage) sale going on in the field next to us and there are thousands of cars and vendors there.

I said Prayers 🙏 for our care list in church.

I hope everyone has a safe and  wonderful day.

16919228661807302366738525833853.jpg

• Like 28

Good morning friends!  We are anchored right off Grundarfjordur, Iceland and the sun is shining again!  Current temp is 52 and it may rise to 58 later today.  We have had outstanding weather during this cruise.  I have a feeling that may change as we spend time in Maritime Canada in the next week and a half.  We can always hope though!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s Daily and Fleet Report.  I can certainly embrace Left Hander’s Day since that is what my DH has always been.  As a child he wanted to play the guitar left handed but his instructor forced him to learn right handed and he regrets not sticking to his guns about it.  But he was only a youth at the time and that would have been frowned on.  Middle Child’s Day is a fun way to celebrate the kids who are “in between”.  If you consider half siblings from my parents' first marriages I am a middle child.  If you consider only the children my parents had together I am eldest by 6 minutes!   Garage sales are fun sometimes but I doubt anyone in Grundarfjordur is having one today. 

The menu suggestion of air fryer cauliflower tacos sounds unique.  And Black Sunset cocktails sound rather dismal.  No thanks to the pinot noir – it’s a red and not for me.  Thanks to Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their reports today.

Prayers for our friends and loved ones suffering from surgeries, chemo or immunotherapy, disease or injury, not forgetting fire and explosions.  So many need our prayers and we hope for improvement soon. 🙏  Congrats to the celebrants of cruising, happy events in your lives, visits with family.  More anniversary wishes to John @Copper10-8 and his child bride!  Happy birthday wishes for my DH as he makes it to 75!  He really doesn't look it!❤️🎂

The port today is Mazatlan, Mexico which was included here before on Aug. 13, 2021 and Nov. 4, 2022.  Same date two years later!  I have been there a few times and probably have a picture or two to share.  Here are the links for your convenience.

Here are my photos of Mazatlan.

We've only been to Mazatlan twice, once on the Regal Princess in 2005 on a Mexican Riviera cruise.  The second time on the Westerdam in 2016 as part of our Panama Canal cruise.  I'm sure the better photos are from the second trip so I'll check on that.  

There's one photo from 2005 that I will show you from our Mazatlan trip.  That's of the cliff divers.  My 2016 photos of that event weren't as good.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNrCsQuK1mkUZyDwxCfq_1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365183705

In 2016 when we got off the Westerdam, we were told there were many expats in Mazatlan who would be standing on the streets in blue shirts to help all the cruise passengers find their way.  They even had a blue line painted on the street from the cruise ship dock to the central business district.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYFBEGRLXG25YVszrZk6Eo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144770

Helpful expats00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdBS_xtUpi2o36Np0RM4DQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144784

The Teatro Angela Peralta

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZciAaXIvaKvUpnhaWq0oN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144819

The interior courtyard of the Teatro.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUI1wwUFd9T1XT43Kse9D7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146025

The stage00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLWb7hY7rQJLctjacZDXrFZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146082

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLr-p3NIO1Zs3pNfAeQVr9F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146078

The town square00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJk34MwPxPQ29H2Ke_vqLNa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144855

Many cruisers stopped along here to get a beer or some appetizers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDnUAer0Ps5lm0HuTN2Hq9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144878

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPIl9e7ZTd96FkwJFtcL-Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144927

Wow!  It was beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUOR3Nc9tKmrgO7bmaUGut?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144970

Just look up!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzTpt5uSKXFinoYwzfSvo8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144964

Amazing work on this altar00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItHUHaP_njUIejGbKmrLEK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145013

Close by was El Mercado where you could find just about anything - meat, produce, handicrafts, souvenirs, clothing, etc.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLkVXFIgYlgMLIOCsFFyvgv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145098

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1X9PV2DYzME54jOme6qlz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSgansd4x2R5u4xsXmfeJZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145072

walking toward the shore we saw these colorful houses00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFr3JEeVgiwmCaHOW2FktX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJR0SMb_rrmoJfzOonXlHJL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145263

This is when we went to watch the cliff divers.  It was clouding up so we thought it might rain.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxVtgOpB4Nrp9sacQ4-uok?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145751

As you can see we were in the wrong spot to see the diving perfectly.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrEfRYSK3QM0yqRXxvELRz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145845

Then we went into this restaurant the Shrimp Bucket for a beer.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfHTOGayWpjWLUCIIaOPVU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145278

The family next to us ordered this huge bowl of shrimp.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqdIw_BlPj1rwxqdUsIPT9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460123491

We turned around and headed back to the ship, walking past the square again where a group of dancers were entertaining the crowds.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_fnwacZ6BXfZ-7EdOTevS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145925

Back to the ship and a view of the town from the upper decks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZc8r03T1bLiwoLq25t1qU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146154

We intend to head over to town shortly and enjoy our first time here in Grundarfjordur.  Have a good day everyone.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6

I do not have an air fryer; I’m not really into kitchen gadgets.  Never really saw the need to have one. I don’t usually fry food.  If my DH wants something fried I usually suggest we go out to dinner. Can any of my friends on the Daily convince me to get an air fryer?

Air Fryer Cauliflower Tacos topped with Peruvian green sauce, pickled onions, sour cream, and cilantro. Directions are given for roasting the cauliflower in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer.

DMA4VkLt-ODxEN0y1WVcvPY73lmLNG2GU1V3zlEI

Spiced Cauliflower Tacos uses cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and rice flour.  Rice flour does not absorb too much oil and the cauliflower fries up crisper.

bFnb059XP_JQOil3Mm9BAEshGzAeK59_Y9Kzy6bM

Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos  I love Buffalo sauce and have frequently ordered Buffalo cauliflower as an appetizer.  Why not put it in a taco?  If you are watching your carbs use a lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla.   You can make them as spicy or as mild as you like, by adjusting the amount and type of buffalo sauce you use.  It is suggested to make these in an air fryer for a quicker preparation.

vty9qmAWt9EnH-by5FIZFVNOMT-EHlMkSiypOwUx

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good

• Like 21
  • Thanks 13

Good morning and thank you for the Report.

Cloudy and breezy here this morning.  Bertie and I will go for a walk soon.

I am not left handed, but my brother and father are.  I guess I'm a middle child.  No garage sales today.

I'm not sure about the quote.

I'll pass on the meal, not sure about the drink but hope I'll like the wine.

I have not been to today's port.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Dennis.

@Copper10-8 Happy Anniversary!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich!  Hope you enjoyed your special day, yesterday!  It is just starting to get light here, and Bindi had no desire to walk this morning. 😱

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with & sharing our happenings!  Gym, Aldi, chores & pool time.  I have also started a brutal weeding out of my belongings, getting ready for the next AmVets charity collection on August 23rd. My neighbors across the street from me have inspired me. 

IMG_1629.jpeg.a8203e73c16f41c8cbc60633e49d5cb4.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg.1fb44ae135ca79fcebb3af8b50aed4fd.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. @StLouisCruisers Sandi, please wish Dennis a spectacular 75th birthday!  @Copper10-8 John & Maria - Happy Anniversary!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Domaine Bousquet - Reserve Pinot Noir 2021

Oooh, a “sassy” Pinot Noir! And a reasonably priced organic wine. I would love to try this one. Available from numerous online distributors with prices starting at $13.99.

Winemaker Notes

Delicate Ruby red color. Red fruit aromas as strawberry and cherry with vanilla notes. On the palate, it´s elegant and balanced with medium body and acidity. Blend: 100% Pinot Noir
JS92 James Suckling
Savory nutmeg, coca-cola and earthy raspberries and strawberries. Orange peel, too. There is a fine mineral accent on the medium-bodied palate. Succulent and textured pinot. Well made. From organically grown grapes.
WW90 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
The 2021 Domaine Bousquet Reserve Organic Pinot Noir is bright and sassy and shows excellent balance. TASTING NOTES: This wine offers aromas and flavors of tart and wild strawberries. Enjoy it with lightly spiced, pan-fried salmon. 
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 5

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

and thanks to Tina, Dixie, Vanessa & Ann.

Nice collection of days which I am sure many can celebrate at least one of.  I’ll do left hander’s day - while I am not truly left handed having been switched to my right at a young age, my left is still the dominant hand doing most things but write 😉 Haven’t done a garage sale in 30+ years.  DD DH and I decided long ago that life has been good to us and we chose to donate instead.

IMG_3866.thumb.jpeg.a9cf5a532c413ebd374cc6cbdc621019.jpeg

I like the Pablo Picasso quote.  Been to Mazatlan as I’m sure many have.  It’s a nice relaxing spot.

another Happy birthday to Dennis @StLouisCruisers and another happy anniversary wish to @Copper10-8.  Hope your celebrations are great! @StLouisCruisers thought of you when I saw this one 😉 

IMG_3704.thumb.jpeg.0e3da60ffd784e16ad909b59818f9ed0.jpeg

Thoughts and prayers remain with Lou @smitty34877 & Baby Murphy @cruising sister

Unsure what is on the programme today.  A lot to do inside and out so it will be weather dependent.  Threats of rain again today so time will tell.  And some major work to do for my roll calls and especially the upcoming cruise.  Got a kick out of this with all the fuss on the new Barbie movie:

IMG_3911.thumb.jpeg.55de5ce74a477cd51d58a17eee326f79.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, worry and health issues and those that need them.  And cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_3881.jpeg.ea10cfafc8990ee77df7718455177532.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We are anchored right off Grundarfjordur, Iceland and the sun is shining again!  Current temp is 52 and it may rise to 58 later today.  We have had outstanding weather during this cruise.  I have a feeling that may change as we spend time in Maritime Canada in the next week and a half.  We can always hope though!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s Daily and Fleet Report.  I can certainly embrace Left Hander’s Day since that is what my DH has always been.  As a child he wanted to play the guitar left handed but his instructor forced him to learn right handed and he regrets not sticking to his guns about it.  But he was only a youth at the time and that would have been frowned on.  Middle Child’s Day is a fun way to celebrate the kids who are “in between”.  If you consider half siblings from my parents' first marriages I am a middle child.  If you consider only the children my parents had together I am eldest by 6 minutes!   Garage sales are fun sometimes but I doubt anyone in Grundarfjordur is having one today. 

The menu suggestion of air fryer cauliflower tacos sounds unique.  And Black Sunset cocktails sound rather dismal.  No thanks to the pinot noir – it’s a red and not for me.  Thanks to Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their reports today.

Prayers for our friends and loved ones suffering from surgeries, chemo or immunotherapy, disease or injury, not forgetting fire and explosions.  So many need our prayers and we hope for improvement soon. 🙏  Congrats to the celebrants of cruising, happy events in your lives, visits with family.  More anniversary wishes to John @Copper10-8 and his child bride!  Happy birthday wishes for my DH as he makes it to 75!  He really doesn't look it!❤️🎂

The port today is Mazatlan, Mexico which was included here before on Aug. 13, 2021 and Nov. 4, 2022.  Same date two years later!  I have been there a few times and probably have a picture or two to share.  Here are the links for your convenience.

Here are my photos of Mazatlan.

We've only been to Mazatlan twice, once on the Regal Princess in 2005 on a Mexican Riviera cruise.  The second time on the Westerdam in 2016 as part of our Panama Canal cruise.  I'm sure the better photos are from the second trip so I'll check on that.  

There's one photo from 2005 that I will show you from our Mazatlan trip.  That's of the cliff divers.  My 2016 photos of that event weren't as good.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNrCsQuK1mkUZyDwxCfq_1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365183705

In 2016 when we got off the Westerdam, we were told there were many expats in Mazatlan who would be standing on the streets in blue shirts to help all the cruise passengers find their way.  They even had a blue line painted on the street from the cruise ship dock to the central business district.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYFBEGRLXG25YVszrZk6Eo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144770

Helpful expats00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdBS_xtUpi2o36Np0RM4DQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144784

The Teatro Angela Peralta

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZciAaXIvaKvUpnhaWq0oN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144819

The interior courtyard of the Teatro.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUI1wwUFd9T1XT43Kse9D7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146025

The stage00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLWb7hY7rQJLctjacZDXrFZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146082

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLr-p3NIO1Zs3pNfAeQVr9F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146078

The town square00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJk34MwPxPQ29H2Ke_vqLNa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144855

Many cruisers stopped along here to get a beer or some appetizers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDnUAer0Ps5lm0HuTN2Hq9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144878

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPIl9e7ZTd96FkwJFtcL-Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144927

Wow!  It was beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUOR3Nc9tKmrgO7bmaUGut?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144970

Just look up!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzTpt5uSKXFinoYwzfSvo8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144964

Amazing work on this altar00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItHUHaP_njUIejGbKmrLEK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145013

Close by was El Mercado where you could find just about anything - meat, produce, handicrafts, souvenirs, clothing, etc.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLkVXFIgYlgMLIOCsFFyvgv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145098

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1X9PV2DYzME54jOme6qlz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSgansd4x2R5u4xsXmfeJZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145072

walking toward the shore we saw these colorful houses00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFr3JEeVgiwmCaHOW2FktX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJR0SMb_rrmoJfzOonXlHJL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145263

This is when we went to watch the cliff divers.  It was clouding up so we thought it might rain.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxVtgOpB4Nrp9sacQ4-uok?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145751

As you can see we were in the wrong spot to see the diving perfectly.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrEfRYSK3QM0yqRXxvELRz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145845

Then we went into this restaurant the Shrimp Bucket for a beer.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfHTOGayWpjWLUCIIaOPVU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145278

The family next to us ordered this huge bowl of shrimp.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqdIw_BlPj1rwxqdUsIPT9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460123491

We turned around and headed back to the ship, walking past the square again where a group of dancers were entertaining the crowds.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_fnwacZ6BXfZ-7EdOTevS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460145925

Back to the ship and a view of the town from the upper decks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZc8r03T1bLiwoLq25t1qU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460146154

We intend to head over to town shortly and enjoy our first time here in Grundarfjordur.  Have a good day everyone.

Fantastic photos Sandi.

Happy 75th birthday to Dennis.

You both look the same age as me which is 66.

I hope you both have a wonderful birthday celebration tonight.

75th-birthday-15.gif

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Happy Sunday.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Dixie, Ann, and Graham.  Happy Birthday Dennis and Congratulations John and Marie. 

I have not been to Mazatlan, am right handed, no middle children in my family, and don't have a garage.

This was a sad day for the Aztec culture. I like the Picasso quote.  @0106 I think the point of the air fryer is that it doesn't use oil and is healthier than regular fried food.  Still,  I'll pass on the taco.  My alternative is Apple, Pear, and Cucumber Salad, Roasted Rack of Veal with Prosciutto and Sage, and Almnd and Orange Cake A La Mode as might have been served on SS Rotterdam V August 13, 1997.

My church had it's Vacation Bible School last week and we will celebrate it this week.  I am on AV  duty today and expect the unexpected.

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. We survived stormy weather here last night and would have had severe weather if we had been home in Florida. We all had two much to eat at Fogo De Chao Brazilian Steak House last night and I also received a lot of Sky Miles!

This afternoon we are going to a Pony Little League World Series game then returning home for hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. We’ll fly home tomorrow.

It’s been a great visit and do wish we could take this cooler weather home with us.

Thanks for the reports and contributions. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.ff67a4085104853f10abd26037bbb414.jpegimage.jpeg.ccd2034f7db5aa85e8ac839422e5c4ca.jpegimage.jpeg.dfab29aa57bf0b18519f007988f8bdc1.jpegimage.jpeg.0d9192429daaf36e8d57fe5f97f2c62e.jpegimage.jpeg.9022b47bf2b4a840e1f3e0affe84daea.jpegimage.jpeg.bd2b813be27edeab3ae8a61017acf266.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 18

Black Sunset cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Jim Beam Black®
1 1/2 parts Amaro Liqueur
1 1/2 parts Aperol® Aperitif
1 1/2 parts Lemon Juice

Instructions
Combine Jim Beam® Black, Amaro, Aperol®, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is frosty, about 20 seconds. Strain into 2 coupe glasses.

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.29.42 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 15

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info for all the contributors.

Now let’s look at todays days.

National Middle Child Day. I don’t think our family tree has any middle child.

National Left Hand Day. Though I am right handed I eat left handed. Since it is also National Filet Mignon Day, I eat it left handed.

National Garage Sale Day. This was sign of my last sale.

IMG_1193.thumb.png.2ff4503c92adb1383caf92efad85ade0.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 22

Good morning. We had a terrific thunderstorm  late last night which has left humidity in its  wake. I am the only right handed person in my nuclear five person family.My mother even argued with the nuns that my brothers  be allowed to write with their left hands. DH is left handed as well. He went to Public schools and was not forced to write with his right hand.

A very Happy 75th Birthday  to Dennis @StLouisCruisers!

Happy Anniversary  to John and Maria  @Copper10-8

DH has a chemo related condition  called neutropenia  fever.White blood cells  cannot fight infection  and he is presently  on IV antibiotics. He is somewhat  confused and very weak. I am heading over to the hospital with DS later this morning. DH will be happy to see his son, I hope. The doctors have told us it will be a few more days until we see things start to recover.

Take care everyone. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17

Good Sunday morning, and thank you for the Daily and contributions, photos and anecdotes.

@summer slope, I was so happy to see the black sunset cocktail is really red!  Thank you for the recipe and picture!

@0106, we have an air fryer that the teen grandson loves to use to heat frozen chicken strips or nuggets, hash brown patty, and even reheat left over pizza 🍕 slices  to keep a crispy crust.    With this string of 100+ degree days we’ve had, it sure helps keep the kitchen cooler - no oven needed.

I’m a middle child, and surprised to have a Middle Child day.  In my experience, the middle child tries to fly under the radar, not call attention to myself.  I’ve always heard middle children are peacemakers - I’m not sure about that, but I avoid arguments and am ready with a smile.

I’ll follow @grapau27 lead, and say prayers for our care list at church this morning.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We had a terrific thunderstorm  late last night which has left humidity in its  wake. I am the only right handed person in my nuclear five person family.My mother even argued with the nuns that my brothers  be allowed to write with their left hands. DH is left handed as well. He went to Public schools and was not forced to write with his right hand.

A very Happy 75th Birthday  to Dennis @StLouisCruisers!

Happy Anniversary  to John and Maria  @Copper10-8

DH has a chemo related condition  called neutropenia  fever.White blood cells  cannot fight infection  and he is presently  on IV antibiotics. He is somewhat  confused and very weak. I am heading over to the hospital with DS later this morning. DH will be happy to see his son, I hope. The doctors have told us it will be a few more days until we see things start to recover.

Take care everyone. 

Wishing you good news Terry.

Graham.

prayer-for.gif

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. We survived stormy weather here last night and would have had severe weather if we had been home in Florida. We all had two much to eat at Fogo De Chao Brazilian Steak House last night and I also received a lot of Sky Miles!

This afternoon we are going to a Pony Little League World Series game then returning home for hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. We’ll fly home tomorrow.

It’s been a great visit and do wish we could take this cooler weather home with us.

Thanks for the reports and contributions. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.ff67a4085104853f10abd26037bbb414.jpegimage.jpeg.ccd2034f7db5aa85e8ac839422e5c4ca.jpegimage.jpeg.dfab29aa57bf0b18519f007988f8bdc1.jpegimage.jpeg.0d9192429daaf36e8d57fe5f97f2c62e.jpegimage.jpeg.9022b47bf2b4a840e1f3e0affe84daea.jpegimage.jpeg.bd2b813be27edeab3ae8a61017acf266.jpeg

The A/C cartoon hits home. Almost everyone in our small subdivision is experiencing power bills up 30% from last year due to the heat, higher fuel costs and hurricane supplement charges.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Take care everyone. 

Continued prayers. 🙏 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1