Any chance of Black Friday discounts on drink packages

rachelfran

It's been a very long time since I've been on a Princess cruise -- and a bunch of my extended family is looking to book an Alaska cruise on the Ruby Princess.

I recall from back in the day that several lines would advertise black friday sales on drink packages so that was a great time to book them.  I know we are in a post pandemic world where lots of things have changed so I don't know if this is still a thing.   Does anyone have this experience from the last year or two?

Thanks,

Rachel

Just now, rachelfran said:

It's been a very long time since I've been on a Princess cruise -- and a bunch of my extended family is looking to book an Alaska cruise on the Ruby Princess.

I recall from back in the day that several lines would advertise black friday sales on drink packages so that was a great time to book them.  I know we are in a post pandemic world where lots of things have changed so I don't know if this is still a thing.   Does anyone have this experience from the last year or two?

Thanks,

Rachel

Don’t hold your breath 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Drink package prices actually increase in price and often quite quickly after the last increase.  I would not wait to purchase, just in case there’s another increase around the corner and many members here are predicting that very thing.  Sorry, not to have better news!

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

While there *may* have been sales in the past...I don't ever recall seeing this in 10 years of cruising with Princess.  I could be wrong!

Pre-pandemic they offered plus at a discount and you could pick which one you wanted.  Maybe that’s what @rachelfran remembers? I had it but sadly didn’t get to use it with all the cancellations.

There is always a chance of some kind of Black Friday promotion. Whatever it may be I don't envision a promo on stand alone beverage packages. Princess has moved to the plus and premier fares which includes beverage packages, wifi, daily gratuities and other benefits. If there is a better promo than those currently available I would expect it to cover inclusive fares and not be limited to the beverage package alone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I remember before they started the Plus package it was the Sip & Sail promotion. That was a good one.

That is the only promo I remember.

I think other lines do Black Friday specials with packages. I don't remember Princess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I remember before they started the Plus package it was the Sip & Sail promotion. That was a good one.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

That is the only promo I remember.

I think other lines do Black Friday specials with packages. I don't remember Princess.

3FF!!

S&S never worked for me.  I booked under it once and did it by excluding the promo (no beverages or something like that for OBC).  I later changed to another promo for better deal.  Yes, I know, and everyone knows by now, we don't do drink packages.  But I had to mention the old 3FF promo.  Then there was the Anniversary promo as well.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

3FF!!

S&S never worked for me.  I booked under it once and did it by excluding the promo (no beverages or something like that for OBC).  I later changed to another promo for better deal.  Yes, I know, and everyone knows by now, we don't do drink packages.  But I had to mention the old 3FF promo.  Then there was the Anniversary promo as well.

I was referring to Black Friday specials. 

I remember the other promos.

I think the only Black Friday special are gift cards.

• Like 1

Way back in 2019, we had a full-transit Panama Canal cruise booked for Mar 2020.  They had a Best-Sale-ever promotion.  I was able to refare my cruise fare with my PVP and it went down $1000 for the two of us, not each.  I was able to do it due to a post on CC telling me about the sale.  Sadly, the cruise got cancelled became of Covid, and we didn't get to reap the benefits of the sale. I haven' seen anything like that kind of savings since !!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, voljeep said:

Best. Sale. Ever. - book Best2DG drinks and grats - and used the then 'free' wifi minutes

seems like best2dg was $30 pp per day - may be off on that - and wifi was $10 - so that equates to the original PLUS40

That was it!

47 minutes ago, phabric said:

What would they offer on a sale, when now with Plus and Premier has everything that they use to offer on sales before (Best Ever Sale, specially dining, OBC). 

pay for plus, get premier ... OBC, for sure ... 50% off second person when buying PLUS or Premier, new bookings only, of course