The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 24th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Iconic American Restaurants Day, Vesuvius Day, and International Strange Music Day

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.--Mark Twain

Meal Suggestion for today - Black Bean Tostadas
Drink of the Day - Green River
Wine of the Day - 2013 Misha's Vineyard Verismo New Zealand Pinot Noir
Destination of the Day - Salvador de Bahia, Brazil

Today in History:
1662 Act of Uniformity requires English to accept Book of Common Prayer

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1300

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 0700-1630

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea destination South Queensferry, GB eta 25 Aug

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2000

Oosterdam

Rhodes, Greece 0800-1800

Rotterdam

Flam, Norway 0700-1900

Volendam

at sea destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska eta 25 Aug

Westerdam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Zaandam

Portland, Maine 0700-1600

Zuiderdam

Halifax, Nova Scotia 0800-2300

0824aAlaska.thumb.png.0a9c080a21e10f62ab5a2a20e48cc382.png

0824Alaska.thumb.png.82d042c688752c7cede4af8e5d5464b3.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

A tostada has a pretty simple construction: it's like a taco, but flat. It's usually made with a fried corn tortilla, topped with refried beans, shredded cheese, salsa and other toppings. Anything that could go in a taco could also go on a tostada, so you can have fish tostadas, shredded chicken tostadas, or beef tostadas. Today we have Black Bean Tostadas.

Quick and Easy Black Bean Tostadas These black bean tostadas are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. They're made with homemade refried black beans, corn tortillas, queso fresco, lettuce, and Mexican crema. 

oqVZ4V0N3BSCALX-9kJpwvC_TE5xUycVYPX772f4

Black Bean Tostadas with Summer Vegetables This recipe includes instructions to pan-fry them or toast them in the oven. The toppings are up to you, but use your summer veggies, grilled corn, chopped tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, avocado too. A recipe for pickled onion is included.

5Wt6BoIdTa0i7shu1a8hJPQTjzeSpj8PKAQh2c84

Black Bean Tostadas with Fajita Vegetables  I like that this recipe uses fajita style veggies and includes a recipe for chili lime cabbage slaw.

q6L2kqrrR1HjUUPhsDdUa8gJSqmwMyrirkOkHJXg

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 15

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Dixie, and Ann for the Thursday report and welcome home Debbie, Sue, Sandi, and Dennis.  An interesting group of days.  I believe in the separation of church and state so I will not celebrate the day in history, and will pass on Vesuvius.  Not sure about strange music but will celebrate Iconic American Restaurants.  Salvadore de Bahia sounds familiar but I don't think I have been there.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Acela Express Chicken Marsala which I enjoyed August 24, 2013 on my return home from Boston and the Veendam.

Weather for the day does not sound pleasant so I will try to get my errands done early to day to stay ahead of it.

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Back in Georgia I have 71 degrees, it's dark out but they say we will have a mostly sunny day and a high of 93.🥵  Walking out of the airport was a bit of a shock yesterday after 25 days with more ideal temperatures. 

Thanks Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily.  Very unique days to celebrate.  I appreciate the old days with Iconic American Restaurants Day.  The more modern restaurants are great too.  I don't want to honor or celebrate Vesuvius but have a great respect for it's power and the history of its eruptions.🌋  Who determines what Strange Music is?  What I like might not be what you like!  Fun Mark Twain quote.  I'm sure many will enjoy the black bean tostadas.  A green river cocktail doesn't sound that appetizing to me, at least.  I'm sure the pinot noir is wonderful.  Thanks to Tina @0106 for stepping in for Debbie @dfish while she was away.  Great job!  Thanks also to Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their Daily contributions.🍷🍹

Prayers today for all on the Care list.  I hope we get some good news from Annie @marshhawk about Chuck's eye surgery.  🙏  Also prayers for my DB and my friend's DB Mark.  There must be something to report on him by now and I will try to find out.  Cheers to the Celebration list folks!  Hoping for more good news every day, and congrats to those on a cruise or preparing for one.🎉🚢  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for her outstanding work keeping up with us all. 

The port of the day is Salvador de Bahia, Brazil.  We had it twice before on Nov. 17, 2021 and Oct. 21, 2022.  DH and I stopped there once in 2015 on a South America cruise and it turned out to be an interesting day and stands out in my mind.  My photos are shown below the links. 

On Feb. 13, 2015 the Ruby Princess stopped in Salvadaor de Bahia, Brazil on a very hot day.  We headed out from the ship passing by and through the Mercado Modelo on our way to the Elevador Lacerda.  Local spelling, not mine.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwHBXvgIrE8NKMmfdCyN02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214252

The Elevador Lacerda is one way of transiting between the lower part of town and the upper part where the old city center called Pelourinho, is.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEcVZc7jLZvC_HM1TsZvcC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

At the top.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJTQHJmOyPL75-vgVXKMWbn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

The Mercado Modelo where we had just been.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVSAYJxM8cnHJfg5psHw6d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214075

Our ship is off in the distance hidden slightly by the buildings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLY1cmcv497V6MbX6XZtHJr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214077

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpOKBNTZNIMD3_BhBBHVUD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214148

Everywhere we went there were signs of Carnival.  You know it's hot that day if DH is wearing shorts.  That doesn't happen often!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGPvW3Qpw43TyVAMQfAdhE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214161

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIj4tWZO-CaLzuB5ss9ZjDa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214166

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9KhvlBZfP8IXrWyLRfqtF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214169

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKhsWG98JDJamxgJDjdscn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7HzPiv2dszdLOMdD22S0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214186

Drums!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLldtbeCGCiFZG_fyu1rvvT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214187

St. Peter of the Clergymen Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIouFwIb08dQOVfHXgZgS02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214177

Another church - St. Francis Church and Convent00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItmHnIihPcsnO3adshbsRW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214211

Very ornate00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiOFWXAXSRWHm80si7Bttw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214206

I thought this hotel was so beautiful and well kept. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISoLlmp22pQsztzgycTP0j?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214217

I was intriqued by these roofs and the pattern on them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIV_QKEGAQ_mZjlIFtPzg4W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214194

Our trip back down to the lower section was by the Plano Inclinado de Goncalves funicular00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm04wpysXeJ_SLn7-NZi3z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214222

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4f6lfW7eiiWcNJRMhQHt3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214244

The woman in control00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKh4SNFdQcH0Ay_jMau5_8Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214247

We enjoyed our walk through Salvador, but remember to always be alert and not wear jewelry when walking around in Brazil.  Many times tourists are robbed by brazen thieves roaming the streets.

Hoping to get most of the work of returning home done today.  We don't like things in an upheaval for long.  Have a wonderful day everyone!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 8

Today’s Care list:

Catmando (Marshhawk’s DH Chuck) post eye surgery yesterday

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, ? off ventilator

Aliaschief’s BIL Don passing 8/21

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

Smitty34877’s DH Lou struggling with eating

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina town gone

Canadian/US/Greek wildfires, especially Yellowknife, Kelowna and WA state

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Tana’s pulmonary issues

1Angelcat’s friend Barb recovering from surgery for pancreatic cancer

Cruising-along’s DBIL diagnosed with prostate cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Smitty34877’s DH Lou doing a bit better

Denise T’s success in lowering blood sugar elevations 

Baby Murphy progressing

DeniseT, Congrats on successfully defending your dissertation proposal!

Cruising sister on a spa retreat

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Oceansaway17 (Grand Princess Aug 26 to Sept 8 )

3 days for Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse Aug 27 to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday

NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25), Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Aug 26), and HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B)

• Like 25
  • Thanks 15

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Interesting collection of days.  I’ll happily celebrate iconic Canadian restaurants and strange music day.  What’s strange to some is beautiful to others 😊 I’ll pass on Vesuvius - yes, it’s magnificent but oh so dangerous and has taken so many lives over centuries.

LOL on the Twain quote.  We’ve been to Brazil but not today’s port so the the pictures are always appreciated.

A very nice day is in the forecast so Ivan and I will see how the elbow does tackling the dam weed that keeps coming back and has to be dug up.  

IMG_6178.jpeg.62572fdcad02e237972064e989540b4c.jpeg

Then, it’s pepping some stuff for the roll call.  The cruise is only a few weeks away so I’m trying to get all that stuff done to avoid the last minute panic.

I was going to try to pack with just carry on but I think it’s not going to happen with 160+ name tags, 90+ invites and envelopes and all the other roll call paraphernalia.   Going to play to see if it will work but I think it will be a fail.  Oh well, I’ll have lots of room coming home.  

IMG_3588.jpeg.70980bc55758c590bd912fe0a35c4bbb.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues & worries and those that need them.  Cheers to all those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_3165.thumb.jpeg.e3d2e15cf2fe229ae91431cad426864d.jpeg

Have a great Thursday everyone.

• Like 28
  • Haha 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Rainy and foggy this morning, thank goodness it's not too cool.  It seems to have been a wetter than normal summer for us, wish we could share the moisture with dryer areas.  I hope it clears up and is sunny this afternoon.

An interesting collection of days.

An amusing quote from a fabulous author.

Thanks for the recipe, the meal looks good.  Hope the drink and wine are good too.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 27

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Another lovely morning after a few overnight showers. Lots of deer grazing this morning. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. I am about to take Bindi to Day Camp, because I will be spending the day with friends. The highlight will be a visit to the National Geographic King Tut exhibit in Jacksonville. Can’t wait. 

IMG_1665.jpeg.f8e96eb83c4a31139730767eac35b52a.jpeg

IMG_1655.jpeg.728749a301b895a2bc31419a4675e14b.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg.e84084da95626acccf261451172d9ed0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

2013 Misha's Vineyard Verismo New Zealand Pinot Noir

The great news is I found one distributor that ships this amazing wine worldwide.  The bad news is that it is in Singapore and a bottle - before adding shipping costs, will cost you $75.15. But this Pinot Noir does sound fantastic. 

Cameron Douglas’ review - 97 pts                    
Complex and elegant, floral, precise and detailed. Fresh, primary and urgent on the palate with a core of fresh red berry fruits, wild raspberry and wildflowers. A seam of dried herb and Bendigo ruggedness adds mouthfeel and texture. Firm tannins with a fine polish, plenty of acidity. A complete wine, still ageing and will continue to do so for some time to come. Touch more oak in this wine.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 9

Good morning and happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Looks to be a cloudy and possibly rainy day here. We do need the rain. I will be in the office today working and having Internet connected. Have been using a hotspot for years and for the last several weeks, the Internet was so unreliable, I could not get work done. So much for trying to save a few bucks. 

I love tostados. I love foods where you have so many options for variety. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for thursday cat memes

• Like 29

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all the contributors.

International Strange Music Day. The song that tops my list was released wayback in 1966, “They’re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Ha”. I believe it reached #3 on the billboard charts in a few weeks before it was removed from the airwaves.

Second on my strange song list was released in 1972 and is “Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road”. One of the lyrics to the song is “Stinking to high heaven”. Well duh!

• Like 16
  • Haha 14

Green River cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
2/3 parts Green Chartreuse Liqueur
1 part fresh Lime Juice
Lime Twist

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice, shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime twist.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 8.01.34 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 13

Good morning, everyone!

It does feel good to be home, but there is a lot to do now.  One suitcase made it down to the spare room last night.  The other is still sitting in the hallway.  Today I will go through them and sort out the stuff for the washing machine.  I so liked having laundry service.  I had to make the coffee when I got up this morning.  That was a rude realization of being home.  But, it was so nice to sleep in my own bed.  I had room to stretch out!  

I'll take some time to get truly caught up on the Daily.  Thanks to all who commented on my pictures as we experienced a wonderful adventure.  We are still in awe of all that we have seen and done on this cruise.  We are so blessed to have been able to do that.

• Like 38

Good rainy and cool morning.It’s 64 and only going up to 71 today.

Today is also National Peach 🍑 Day. according to an email from a local farm market. 
Welcome home to our travelers, Debbie and Sandi. 
Blassings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!

@catmando Has a swollen head, eyes shut, and in a lot of pain.  Well, the doc did say that it would get worse before it gets better.  He was in surgery for almost 3 hours, doc said, too many stitches to count.

While I was in the waiting room, I made a new friend, and two of my besties from the book club showed up at the same time that Chuck got out of recovery, nice to see them.  Theresa was having one eye done, and I introduced the new friend, dont know her name, and ran out to see Chuck.  We had to get up so early, but instead of his surgery at 10:30, they took him in at 7:30, and we got home by 11.

Im in limbo with my jobs right now, California wants me full time for three weeks, and is fighting to move me, but something or someone is holding that transfer up.  So I wait.  I'm working CA for the next 5 days, and then go back?? to TX.  Well, I travel by phone, not physically, but it would be nice to be in one place for a while.

@dfish and @StLouisCruisers glad you both had a great cruise and both made it home safe and sound, with your luggage.

My friend Penny has the new Covid.  She had the old version last year.  She said the coughing was much worse with this new Covid, but the aches and pains were not as bad.  Either way, she is stuck at home, and now her husband has it.  So a bit more contagious.

My computer says our weather temps are record high.  And going higher.  I have PT this morning, need to make breakfast, and after PT pick up Chuck's meds.  I dont start work until 5, so I may take a nap this afternoon.

6c6bd262c3e7400fd0a374435dabc93e.jpg

93a544732e88f5f974f4e858bd67c077.jpg

@RedneckBob When I was in camp in VT in 1966, that was the song Coming to Take me Away, they played on the sound system each morning to wake up us.  I love Weird and Strange music-

il_fullxfull.2603949672_i415.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10

Good morning.  This is day 3 of gloomy weather with rain off and on.    I got one bag of mulch spread yesterday.  Today I will complete the hand written labels for all the plants we are bringing home for my garden club's plant sale next May.   I am doing ribs in the oven today so a good meal for a house bound day.  

Thanks for the Daily @richwmn.  We try to visit iconic restaurants whenever we travel as long as they aren't chain restaurants.    Only weird music I hear is that terrible background music on Facebook videos that John enjoys watching.   Would like to visit the Vesuvius site someday. A good quote from Twain. We have been to Salvador de Bahia on the Volendam this year.  

Thanks to @summer slope @cat shepard and @0106for today's comestibles. Will pass on all three today.  

@StLouisCruisers thanks for the port photos today.  You got a lot deeper into the city than we did and you had sunny weather.  We were warned by returning passengers the amount of crime taking place so we had a brief walk around.  We were there Tuesday February 21.  Our MDR dinner that evening, John's fish with clams and my pot roast with a bottle of package 3 Cote du Rhone.  That basically was our red wine for the last third of the cruise because they ran out of our favorite Meiomi Pinot noir in three weeks. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_20230221_180439819.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_20230221_114742243.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_20230221_173340009.jpg

IMG_20230221_173346238.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the Fleet Report and special days. Tostadas are so versatile they can be celebrated often. I cannot celebrate government imposition of religion. We were in Salvadore Brazil in 2013 on our round the Horn adventure on Carnival Splendor’s repositioning. Thanks for the pictures Sandi. I remember the elevator to get from the port level up the bluff to the old town. Beautiful buildings, but oh so hot. I have a lovely “lace” tablecloth from there made out of coconut fiber. 

I’m slow getting organized for our cruise. We’re realizing that we’ll have to do some things differently for NCL than HAL particularly because the rooms won’t be ready early so we won’t be walking on with our roller bags. We don’t want to have to deal with them for the first few hours when it’s chaos and crowded. So porters it will be. Also, with taking the train to Manhattan, we’ll have to be sure to be a little more compact than when driving and having the grandkids ready to help!  And I think I will take my small 3-legged folding camp stool to have a seat in the expected long lines. It has a shoulder strap but I think I’ll just have it folded vertically and let it stick out of my shoulder tote. Somehow packing is always evolving so it never really gets easy. And I’ve realized clothing will have to be in light layers. Yesterday I sorted through stuffable rain jackets and found, not surprisingly, some don’t fit as well as they used to!  Haven’t taken a rain jacket on a cruise in almost 10 years - recent cruises have been warm climates so just a folding umbrella was needed. Today I’ll reserve the special shows for the second leg of the B2B.  

Hoping we hear good news on @catmando soon. Blessings going out to all in need of healing, comfort or hope, all our Daily family and our Cares list. 

Happy to toast those celebrating! Life is Good!  🌈

Smooth travels to all away, peaceful return to @dfish, Sue, @StLouisCruisers .  Everyone stay safe! 
Maureen

Glad to see Annies report on Chuck. What an ordeal. Special prayers for both!  

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Had a great visit with a dear friend at his home on the bay. While there we were treated to a great dolphin show in shallow water. Watched the debate last night and now enjoying my first cup of coffee. I have quite a list of what I would consider strange music.

Vanessa thanks but you can remove me from Care List. Memorial is not until next month.

Already 85 degrees outside so another scorcher. Tonight my plans are to attend our small church group and there are some chores on my to do list.

Welcome home to Sandi and Debbie. That was a great itinerary and thanks for sharing.

Have a great day. Bruce

image.jpeg.dbf0566c2a45f676938311b0cab28b89.jpegimage.jpeg.6ecf3ef52db75daf90d14a414cb62a96.jpegimage.jpeg.a9b18e55b292cf3d15e68d1d990d72dc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1ed1e033fe57c97ee822a66988ab5119.jpegimage.jpeg.e5fb990bf614ed517837dd83d55a1798.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bc6f5dc440d15226051566cc259f1ecc.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 23

55 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all the contributors.

International Strange Music Day. The song that tops my list was released wayback in 1966, “They’re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Ha”. I believe it reached #3 on the billboard charts in a few weeks before it was removed from the airwaves.

Second on my strange song list was released in 1972 and is “Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road”. One of the lyrics to the song is “Stinking to high heaven”. Well duh!

RedneckBob, It is nice to see that you are a Louden Wainright fan.  I remember when that song came out.  There was another one about that time, but I don't remember who it was by.  It was Everyone Loves a Nut, The Whole World Loves a Weirdo, Brains are in a Rut, But Everyone Loves a Nut.

• Like 19

Good morning. It is cloudy with showers predicted most of the day. It will only be 70. We have not been to the port but like the black bean recipes. I think I will try the second one for the family tonight. I am with Roy, @rafinmd, the separation of church and state is vital. Thanks to Graham @grapau27, for the explanation about the Book of Common Prayer. I was wondering why the Isle of Man was not included and will look that up later. 
Last night DH informed us that he will not resume chemotherapy. We had agreed prior to the start of it that he should not feel forced into treatment. I am of course, respecting his wishes but also want to hear what the doctors think.

Vanessa, @JazzyV, thank you for including Lou on the care list but he is on the mend slowly and could be taken off. We all appreciate the fine work you do keeping track of all of us. 
Tana’s aide was late today and I was a little nervous. Today  both DD and DSIL have to go into their offices for work and I am on my own here. I was so relieved to see her arrive a few minutes ago. The mornings are the most hectic part of the day for me.

Take care everyone.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!

@catmando Has a swollen head, eyes shut, and in a lot of pain.  Well, the doc did say that it would get worse before it gets better.  He was in surgery for almost 3 hours, doc said, too many stitches to count.

While I was in the waiting room, I made a new friend, and two of my besties from the book club showed up at the same time that Chuck got out of recovery, nice to see them.  Theresa was having one eye done, and I introduced the new friend, dont know her name, and ran out to see Chuck.  We had to get up so early, but instead of his surgery at 10:30, they took him in at 7:30, and we got home by 11.

Im in limbo with my jobs right now, California wants me full time for three weeks, and is fighting to move me, but something or someone is holding that transfer up.  So I wait.  I'm working CA for the next 5 days, and then go back?? to TX.  Well, I travel by phone, not physically, but it would be nice to be in one place for a while.

@dfish and @StLouisCruisers glad you both had a great cruise and both made it home safe and sound, with your luggage.

My friend Penny has the new Covid.  She had the old version last year.  She said the coughing was much worse with this new Covid, but the aches and pains were not as bad.  Either way, she is stuck at home, and now her husband has it.  So a bit more contagious.

My computer says our weather temps are record high.  And going higher.  I have PT this morning, need to make breakfast, and after PT pick up Chuck's meds.  I dont start work until 5, so I may take a nap this afternoon.

6c6bd262c3e7400fd0a374435dabc93e.jpg

93a544732e88f5f974f4e858bd67c077.jpg

@RedneckBob When I was in camp in VT in 1966, that was the song Coming to Take me Away, they played on the sound system each morning to wake up us.  I love Weird and Strange music-

il_fullxfull.2603949672_i415.jpg

Well, did it wake you up or did they take you away! 😀

• Like 9
  • Haha 4