On the 5th E-Class ship the Xcel/Excel/Vertex, what do you want to see in the "white spaces"?

NutsAboutGolf

In case you didn't see/hear, the new X President, Laura, had a Q&A webinar where she stated the previous President CEO, LLP, left some "white spaces" on the ship, what do you REALISTICALLY want to see?  If a new restaurant, what kind?  If a new/re-purposed public space, what?  If the Eden remodeled, what would you want to see there?

I'd love to see the Eden repurposed as a comedy lounge blocked off from the restaurant and with ample seating with a few different comedian shows a night like on the big 3 lines.  When there are shows you can still look out the glass in the back.  I cruise on X more than most and I generally see more people in the theater during the comedian shows than any other show

• Like 1

Doubt that what you, I others would like will be considered unless it generates revenue.  If I were in charge I might look at a reasonably priced casual dining venue ( maybe Tex Mex or Ny deli) with an ala carte menu or maybe a cooking demo/class kitchen.  They previously offered cooking classes which sold out pretty quickly. The other options I  can think of don’t generate revenue- loyalty lounge, maybe a combo library and Hideway.

• Like 1

I won’t know E class first hand until we try Ascent in November but I understand that there are no libraries. So perhaps a small library? But as @jelayne said, unless it generates revenue it’s likely not going to be considered. 

As an aside, I recently watched an introduction video put out by Celebrity about the Ascent. In the video, the voice over indicated that Ascent was the last E class in the fleet. Guess I’m late to the party but I wasn’t aware of the 5th ship until very recently. 

I would like them  to keep EDEN as is now in  the performance / activity area , get auto sun shades,  possibly enlarge the bar.

Turn the  Eden cafe into more of a coffee, tea and smoothie bar with cookies and cakes.. more.like Cafe Baccio. Use counter seating  like in the buffet.

Cooking classes in EDEN restaurant downstairs would be fun and enriching!

Add  a small jazz club with good live music and a mellow vibe in place of some .under performing hi end shops. Use upscale sophisticated decor,  serve specialty drinks like the World Class Bar which is now overlooking the Martini Bar. (. too small and noise carries up).

small indoor movie theater with popcorn and candy machines dbl.use as. comedy club , small lectures ..

Create a  nice space for card, mah jong and other game players( near food and  drink) so they do not HOG other areas ( all day) like AQ spa cafe tables, EDEN cafe tables  Cafe Baccio and tables in the Buffet!

• Like 4

Like an actual dedicated smoothie or milkshake place, or bring back the creperie that I never got to try. Or just another specialty dining restaurant, it feels like there’s not enough. A cooking class would be fun too.

For unrealistic expectations I would like to enjoy watching a big aquarium while I’m eating….

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I won’t know E class first hand until we try Ascent in November but I understand that there are no libraries. So perhaps a small library? But as @jelayne said, unless it generates revenue it’s likely not going to be considered. 

As an aside, I recently watched an introduction video put out by Celebrity about the Ascent. In the video, the voice over indicated that Ascent was the last E class in the fleet. Guess I’m late to the party but I wasn’t aware of the 5th ship until very recently. 

Just a FYI, it was publicly announced in the summer of 2019 and maybe six months ago, Celebrity Social Media had a poll to name the ship the "Vertex" or the "Excel".  The only thing we know for sure is there was a video from VBlogger Don who stated he was told by X this ship will have "the most suites" ever which I'm sure surprises no one.  Celebrity has added an extra deck in the past to add more staterooms so that's a strong possibility.  My best guess is she'll mirror the Beyond/Ascent but have different styling and perhaps a new restaurant or two will replace the old and some repurposed public spaces

• Thanks 1

Would love to see some separation between the Eden bar area and the Eden restaurant.

Had a miserable experience on the Edge in March 2023 in the Eden restaurant as we paid extra money and we ate during a band performing in the bar area and was very loud and dissatisfying experience 

Also do they really need to have so many IV’s or can they make more regular balconies 

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 1

I highly doubt that they can economically eliminate the IV’s in favor of more traditional balconies. What I can possibly see Celebrity doing is making that partition more substantial and weather tight so that A/C can stay on when closed and two people can be in different locations in the room without the discomfort of having no A/C inside the room while the window is open. Only time will tell what actually happens. 

Edited by peterde

6 hours ago, peterde said:

I highly doubt that they can economically eliminate the IV’s in favor of more traditional balconies. What I can possibly see Celebrity doing is making that partition more substantial and weather tight so that A/C can stay on when closed and two people can be in different locations in the room without the discomfort of having no A/C inside the room while the window is open. Only time will tell what actually happens. 

That will NEVER, EVER happen. It's all a inside space. What you proposing is impossible. In order to do what you're asking is to create a standard balcony cabin. An IV cabin is not, was never meant to be, and can never be, a cabin with real outdoor space. 

12 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That will NEVER, EVER happen. It's all a inside space. What you proposing is impossible. In order to do what you're asking is to create a standard balcony cabin. An IV cabin is not, was never meant to be, and can never be, a cabin with real outdoor space. 

What I am “proposing” is just being able to keep the A/C on while the window is open. That involves no structural changes at all. Just a few switches and a better partition than currently available. 

Edited by peterde

I'd like to see the Le Petit Chef concept retired and replaced with a new specialty restaurant experience.

15 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Like the original poster of this comment mentioned, I don't understand why this could "NEVER" happen. Add a better seal on the bi-folds and have those be the trigger of the AC. Everything else could be the same, and the captain could still have total control of the IV opening/closing. But that at least eliminates the AC problem and allows for a bit more separation for those on differing schedules.