Monday November 13th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Hug a Musician Day, National Pupusa Day, and Sadie Hawkins Day

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke

Meal Suggestion for today - One Pot Coconut Curry Beef Stew
Drink of the Day - Peach On The Beach
Wine of the Day - 2018 MacMurray Estate Vineyards Central Coast Pinot Noir
Destination of the Day - Dublin, Ireland Dun Laoghaire Harbour

Today in History:
1980 US spacecraft Voyager 1 sends back 1st close-up pictures of Saturn during its fly-by

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles 07:00 - 23:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico Riviera eta 11-14

Nieuw Amsterdam

Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana 07:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock - Palermo, Italy 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11-15

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 09:00 - 17:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Fangatau, French Polynesia

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Montevideo, Uruguay eta 11-15

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Zanzibar, Tanzania eta 11-14

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Melbourne, Victoria Australia 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Manila, Luzon Island Philippines 08:00 - 23:59

1113World.thumb.png.744dd228774cd37ca7e60ca655d5c8c9.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 18

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report! 

Thinking about everything that happened on our last cruise, service remains the best item we noticed. That being said, we also noticed more frequent staff members that have little knowledge of the English language. 

20231104_061444.jpg

Edited by seagarsmoker
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  Here where I am in Georgia it's 46F and we expect partly cloudy skies and a high of 64.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Monday the 13th.  First of all welcome home to Annie @marshhawk and Chuck!!  How disappointing to hear you fell ill Annie but I hope things are looking up now.  Can't wait to hear about all your adventures, good and bad.

Well, the only musician I know to hug is my DGS who is off to college on the other side of the country so that's not gonna happen today.  Hopefully it will at Christmas.  Pupusa Day was yesterday so I'll celebrate World Kindness Day instead.  In addition good luck to all the ladies on Sadie Hawkins Day.  I'm not sure what the Clarke quote is saying.  I can tell already I won't like the coconut curry stew.  Peach on the Beach sounds good but I'll skip the pinot noir.  It was a cool day in history when the photos of Saturn were sent back to earth.  Thank you Debbie @dfish,  Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the food and beverage reports.

Prayers said first thing today for our Care list people especially Vanessa @JazzyV, Baby Murphy who is a true miracle, and Tana.  Hoping for improvement for all in pain.  Prayers also for DB, and friends with health problems.  I got word Scott is home where Susan will take good care of him.  Still very weak but he will work to recover.  And last but not least those at war and the hostages gone over a month already. 🙏 Congrats to those on the Celebration list, those cruising and preparing to cruise.🚢 Enjoy all the birthdays and anniversaries! 🎉 Best of luck to Maureen @RMLincoln and DH this week as they make their move to NJ.  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for her hard work keeping the lists updated for us.

The destination today is Dun Laoghaire harbour for the city of Dublin, Ireland.  It just so happens I've tendered in to Dun Laoghaire harbour once and taken the train to Dublin before.  The other times we've docked in Dublin.  I'll post the photos from last time.  This was the port on July 8, 2021 and April 20, 2022 so I'll post the links to those dates.  This is the first time Dun Laoghaire harbour has been mentioned before.  We were told it's pronounced Dun Leary.

Have a great day everyone!  Stay safe and well!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good morning and thanks for the Report.

Cool and cloudy this morning, a typical autumn day.  Bertie and I will head out for a walk soon, when the sun comes up.

I don't know any musicians to hug, I don't know what Pupusa is and I'm not sure how to celebrate Sadie Hawkins day.  Not a good day for me I guess.

I'm not sure I agree with the quote.

I'll pass on the meal, but I'm sure the drink and wine will be okay.

We were in Dublin in the spring on the Zuiderdam. 

Prayers for peace for our world. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP, off TPN

Lazey1 having had Covid and rebound, now bronchitis and CHF flare

Cruzin Terri’s DH with swollen knee and ankle

Marshhawk not feeling well during her part 2 of her cruise

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

NextOne recovering from heart valve replacement

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

Haljo1945 with a frozen shoulder, PT for now

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Norseh2o (Kathy and Bob)!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & off TPN!

RMLincoln’s house packers coming today

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Cruise Suzy (Eurodam Nov 18 to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer)

6 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista Nov 19 to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami)

Sailingdutchy (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Ancient Empires & Spanish Farewell), Kochlöffel (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Vict0riann (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean), Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific), Rafinmd (Rotterdam to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer), GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal) and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 14

Peach on The Beach cocktail:

Ingredients
3/4 parts Cruzan® Peach Rum
1 1/4 Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/2 parts fresh Lime Juice
8 leaves Mint, Fresh
1/2 Pineapple Ring
Garnish with Mint Sprig

Instructions
Add all ingredients to a blender with two ice cubes and blend for 20 seconds. Let it settle for another 20, then pour into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a lightly slapped mint sprig.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 7.01.07 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 15

I'm happy to say we have visited Dublin 5 times from 2011 to 2019.  The two times that stand out in my memory are the 2015 visit on Royal Princess and 2017 on the Prinsendam.  The 2015 stop was actually to Dun Laoghaire harbour instead of in Dublin itself.  Here is my report on two of our visits there.

On our 2015 cruise on Royal Princess we were accompanied by friends from Myrtle Beach, SC who like to cruise in the hurricane off season only.  So this May cruise was perfect for them.  They took a ship's tour to Powerscourt Estate that day, and the photos they gave me of it look lovely.  DH and I decided to take the train into Dublin.  The Royal Princess was docked out of Dublin in the port of Dun Laoghaire.  We walked a couple of miles to the train station through that charming village and since it was such a beautiful sunny day, we enjoyed our exercise.  The train was clean and inexpensive, plus it took only 17 minutes to get to Dublin versus an hour in a bus or van.  No traffic, too!

The Harbour 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The train to Dublin.  More photos of Dun Laoghaire as we walked back through town later in the day on our way back to the tender.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKev6XuBIio-L95-vaFBh4k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We saw Trinity College00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdutJRET8y9aXHZLttAWbA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKUGlDCGJExMY_nxJI3Sov?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQzvvJE1SN8mW4WQInir3A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Dublin is a very busy town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8GcXOSm7mvg-uSf4hnp4g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

But they have their priorities straight!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0ziV-mSlWTo_zgGCnYM1q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpp-TchOUxWTW_2mHjHBfx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Then we saw Dublin Castle.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKO9Hy_4au7UbTE__0ALsgA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDJ67XzQdHwoP0BMR4-33k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The old and the new00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwIfdzO7Q6cXFkS_Mrnjea?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Next we walked to St. Patrick's Cathedral which I love to see each visit.  It's so grand.  I paid admission to enter and see the interior.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwRRixBzc2s5PkE0fUzl7J?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHQUg5w4AQvPfn8OupWPT1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Founded in 1191, it was ornate, huge and dark as well as crowded with tourists like me.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLe424qlkMAw20OTDVKKIvG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjd6KlbpaALRrMyZkjcfui?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7dE9nnY4RyJWmy5pBqbtk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

On the gate outside the Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3_TyWVNCNfMqXrthT4mGb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Further along on our walk we came to this corner where you have a history museum called Dublinia.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEMVeXyWAAKeq5xmy3WD0w?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The archway on the right connected to the Christ Church Cathedral across the street from Dublinia.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJotqa3WRmAYuu1-5tJkeQ_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The archway00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIP8T9oV_rWU20PGWOwPUgD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

And across the street from it all is this statue called Millennium Child.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSAOPj9S3ywnOAYIZqCxqV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Time to head back to the train station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbIphAhsUEnqBCHKESYTqF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

You know the saying "a river runs through it"?  Same with Dublin.  It's called the River Liffey.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwZk-6DaEKH7FmhUPeVgje?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJw3iV7o9TNIvH54oZX7EdT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgxLHTKA_6x1qidcG5NXk5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Molly Malone's statue which had been moved due to construction since our prior visit in 2011.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeEB2-kXXtj1hoxisjd7W7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

After our train ride back to Dun Laoghaire, we enjoyed a second walk through that town.  There were many lovely buildings scattered among more modern ones.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKRYuQwSKWOCvDcyEcVAY2K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKYaF1NMxvtQ_QM1tyfrUJr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

In 2015 on the Prinsendam we were docked right in town and HAL provided us a double decker bus ride to the city core.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLv4P95GjECEOj5c1_xGJe7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Crystal Symphony was parked there too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8T0z2FafEZlrIvinzW8vj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We saw sailing ships docked on the River Liffey.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7zyakW5c08Lub69nxkfud?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We were dropped at a park where we saw this unique memorial to "defence forces". 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3QEFzNjgbzMjbnCHT2xtv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLW11aQEkeqjfMX_oTZ8iqT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

peeking through the glass panels00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrzJunAK6ZLYjN2ap_IT-Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This was simply a government building but I liked its architecture.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOb7NcBM8e5ZVu5lnBqdM4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItkHWM8eVoyxFRrgEnXkeo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The date was June 6 but it must have felt chilly for some people since they were wearing coats.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7M4bhYW8oNm6YB1FlAm_y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Check out all the flowers here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqAtVR-w1ySjctB-4c8Xe2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We walked by all the Cathedrals again but I won't post photos of them again.  But I guess we went to the shopping and bar area next.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzOdqL79mqYhfvGnmaMvvG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnXfeR7yVHzt0_KNhcfZXo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The flowers always catch my eye.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7Yq4r-8QTCFViBgrcyZ6q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I probably went looking for Molly Malone again but couldn't find where they'd hidden her this trip.  At any rate, we enjoyed some local Irish entertainers on the ship that night.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINRDvaZUaoTClF9aOrb4D-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another cloudy, breezy balmy morning. Bindi hopes it does not drizzle all day the way it did yesterday. The upper level winds are racing the clouds in from the Northeast. It is fascinating to watch. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with & sharing our happenings. I pray that you find a solution to your pain - soon!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores - volunteering at a local church for their Thanksgiving food drive. Should keep me busy. 

IMG_1790.jpeg.74e61b496205398eb96041394e1e50cf.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg.9b49d36f85cbd7e4264c75274b245612.jpeg

IMG_1963.jpeg.b4a42b991f67d5a9760515fcb7d29a80.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families & support teams. 

@RMLincoln Maureen praying that all goes smoothly for you & DH over the next few days. Remember to breathe. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

2018 MacMurray Estate Vineyards Central Coast Pinot Noir

Another Central Coast Pinot Noir enjoyed by many and reasonably priced. The 2018 vintage might be a bit difficult to find, but more recent vintages appear to have as many fans and will be easier to find. I found a couple of online distributors for the 2018 vintage with prices starting at $13.99.

Winemaker’s notes 

In 2014, we selected the majority of our Pinot Noir from Olson Ranch Vineyard, which is located in the renowned Santa Lucia Highlands AVA. The vines on Olson Ranch sprawl along the sides of the Highlands, where they receive optimal sunlight and cooling Pacific breezes.

The 2014 growing season was warm and dry throughout, leading to early ripening and eventually an early harvest. Ripe, fruit forward flavors with a crisp acidity are characteristic of this vintage in the glass. The balance of this wine was sourced from the Santa Rita Hills AVA in Santa Barbara County, another cool coastal growing region renowned for producing classic Pinot Noir wines.

Grape Variety 100% Pinot Noir

Barrel Aging 40% in used French (7% First Use, 33% Second use and older); 60% in stainless steel

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 3

Happy Monday. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Lows in the 20s this morning. Very frosty. Fancy has yet to go outside as she hates the cold. We have a coat for her, and she hates wearing it. 

I will be in the office today for a brief period. No real big plans for today. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.2f7ba024a6e0b7301c3e38f6bf51835c.png

• Like 29

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Today we are sharing the port of Amber Cove with the BHB Nieux Amsterdam!. The excursion for today is the “Mega Truck Adventure,”

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

IMG_0537.thumb.jpeg.94e6c61b8d20d3d58a0722f1a300e82b.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from central Texas.  It is 54F and feels like 53F.  I'm not sure I could tell the one degree difference.  The humidity is 76% with a dew point of 46F and a 5 mph wind from the north.  Our high this afternoon will be 67F, and it should be 60F when we arrive at the dealership to pick up our new motorhome.  I just hope the old one starts and makes it to the dealership.  After that, it's up to them.  The old motorhome all of a sudden began showing it's age.

DH played clarinet in his high school band, and I will hug him.  In fact, I'm the only non-musician in the family.  Both DDs were in their school band.  Younger DD was in the orchestra at UT for a while, and older DD plays with the Austin Civic Wind Ensemble, where she was president for one term.  She said it was like herding cats.   🤣  I looked up pupusa, and it's a dish from Ecuador, so I'll pass on the day.  Since I've been married 56 years, I think participating in Sadie Hawkins Day would not be appropriate.

The Arthur C. Clark quote is interesting, and I take it to mean that intelligence is all you need to survive.  You need to use your intelligence to acquire survival skills.

We'll pass on the meal.  I might try the drink on a BHB, and would like to try the wine.

We've been to Dublin, but did not tender in Dun Laoghaire Harbour.  I'll retrieve my pictures in a few minutes.

The fly by Saturn by Voyager I was a big step forward in space exploration.  We've come a long way since them, especially with the Hubble Telescope and the James Webb telescope.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad you and Chuck @catmando  made it home safely.  I hope you are over whatever landed you in the ship's infirmary.  We look forward to hearing about your trip when you are rested and have the time.

362682206_749775290488705_6955815785398039258_n.thumb.jpg.a6595fccf989f973bce80ac6edcfce48.jpg

399177626_666725438904459_6560495578345324417_n.jpg.c433f3ddfd05a2d348e2c3f623ae6431.jpg

399419810_8100178146685338_743775254057784572_n.thumb.jpg.0ebbe903e9edcfc6442d18f01c5e916e.jpg

400165901_10168163397970587_1459925439288545442_n.jpg.d0ac6dbdf207900ebf1801ff37decbd9.jpg

400859746_306313525667302_2416079985636438316_n.thumb.jpg.480d714f63ffd65bcd6875c77d58a88d.jpg

400000906_880938006927760_754705404247323808_n.thumb.jpg.d68cd0a87cc7e114ca176b48764a8aab.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 13
  • Haha 20

thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich

& thanks to Debbie, Dixie, Ann & Vanessa.

No musician I can think of to hug here and like @StLouisCruisers I’ll celebrate World Kindness Day (we sure need some) today since the national holiday of San Salvador - Pupusa Day was celebrated yesterday.  LOL on Al Capp and the origin of Sadie Hawkins Day.

Not sure I get the Clarke quote - intelligence has big survival value IMO.  We have been to Dublin but not on a cruise ship.

IMG_1169.jpeg.575a2e93105a26732bd32ed8113d1fbb.jpeg

Well the garden challenge continues - Despite my efforts, Ivan was in the garden again 😡 So I watched him sneakily and the devil sailed over the 4’ retaining wall.  OMG.  New blockage up and I’ll see if it works.  He doesn’t hurt the garden but his ‘deposits’ are very hard to find there. 😉. It’s tough enough to clean up the lawn let alone hunt through my huge garden.  LOL.

IMG_1167.thumb.jpeg.9cba6cb7ccbe1a5bcf30650a1ffd5e2f.jpeg

It’s a busy Monday - covid and flu vaccines this morning and then more appointments shortly after.  I’ll try to fill in the time in between with a bunch of errands that have been put off with the cold (not that it’s any warmer today) rather than confuse Ivan by coming home and heading back out again.  Besides, one Kong a day is enough 😂 

IMG_1170.jpeg.1c4cc061cba240e413c6fa56ee70d9f1.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂 

IMG_1168.jpeg.003618bf222ccaad0efbde54dd35e38c.jpeg

Have a great Monday, everyone.

• Like 32
  • Haha 7

Good morning. In the mid sixties and may not get into the seventies today. Our drought might get some relief. High chance of rain starting tomorrow with a possibility of 3-5” of rain.  I BBQ chicken for four hours yesterday afternoon. Enjoyed dinner watched a movie and off to bed.

So we will both get a walk in this morning as that might not happen with upcoming weather.

Haven’t heard from Graham so he and Pauline must be traveling again.

Thanks Rich and contributors and healing concerns for those on Care List. Have a great week everyone. Bruce

image.jpeg.a70ea6c97351df3d15fb3574e78e942f.jpegimage.jpeg.402cda3ed2e7167a7123aecffc6984bf.jpegimage.jpeg.2adaa461e042000ba17e4a2225c4b8c4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3a576c465c7b0eac6f9704963bc0a347.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3a35e9a5535204d5dee56cea2e594ae5.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 14

We were in Dublin in 2004 on Noordam III, in 2016 overnight on the Prinsendam and again in 2017 on the Prinsendam.  We have enjoyed Dublin every time.  On all our visits, we did the Ho-Ho not only to see the city, but as a way to get from place to place.

In 2004, we made the pilgrimage to Guinness

IMG_3305.thumb.JPG.6d90d1b1c02a0da9eda232c431f97965.JPG

Part of the brewery as seen from the tasting room, followed by a view of Dublin.

IMG_3299.thumb.JPG.792ac48d825a76280e93b5bf8d607268.JPG

IMG_3300.thumb.JPG.ab3cacd1bd115d2503ac489facf2f2f1.JPG

The Old Jameson's Distillery  We did not do the tour, as they advised waiting until we reached Cobh to go to the main distillery.  But this was a great place to get wifi.

DSC06478.thumb.JPG.4117c17d7ead66d1175884a86cb82737.JPG

DSC06481.thumb.JPG.a376aea4e83a4b21ff651e09715eb18e.JPG

The second morning in 2016, we got a taxi to take us to the Kilmainham Gaol which was built in 1796, and was a grim place.  It was decommission in 1924, but housed the leaders of the 1916 Easter Uprising.  Tickets for the goal sell our early.

DSC06557.thumb.JPG.e12c3713a43020bcec46df1e560a6b0d.JPG

DSC06527.thumb.JPG.e0be4c1994ffe900bae194274c497b2d.JPG

DSC06534.thumb.JPG.81a1917b218374fc276ed2ca5adf95f5.JPG

DSC06528.thumb.JPG.e0262b4d5965118cfc07b007beb3543d.JPG

The new part, mainly for the women, was added in 1840

DSC06538.thumb.JPG.509e37dedc4dc376bccfd71ac2088562.JPG

Scenes of Dublin from the Ho-Ho and our walks around town.

DSC06472.thumb.JPG.4026223ed6b18f8e0f22bd9ea5e884c7.JPG

DSC06494.thumb.JPG.9b1f89494775bc55d15f00aab1f65066.JPG

DSC06581.thumb.JPG.3d5d5276b2015891b3ad6f9eb248776d.JPG

IMG_3285.thumb.JPG.8667294273eca76c7baa65fdac96e275.JPG

IMG_3283.thumb.JPG.ea6d7d6ccc30b03d4464efab07d13dcc.JPG

Arnott's, the oldest and largest department store in Ireland

DSC06584.thumb.JPG.bad81df6d5a0a04d394e18d49404566c.JPG

The Spire of Dublin erected in 2003

DSC06591.thumb.JPG.07a410f4e7177ce2d9255b327d98f6f5.JPG

A very unusual building

DSC09010.thumb.JPG.cb91f47b5d09d95cca0df1b70dd4ed70.JPG

Lenda

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Musicians are worth hugging - everyday! Agree w/the quote. Pass on the meal, probably yes on the drink and wine, never been to the port.

Day in history was very cool.

Currently 52° headed to 70° and 72° for the weekend.

PT today for shoulder and very heavy email day as I try to get caught up at work. I don't know which is worse - returning from vacation or preparing to go; they both wipe me out.

Packing for the Nov 26 cruise should be easy since it leaves from the same port as the one I just did - take out the couple items I didn't use & put in whatever I missed. Everything is clean thanks to wonderful HAL laundry service.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. Screenshot_20231113-070654_Weather.thumb.jpg.58a2102828c772c1d5dae2da710aabc2.jpg

• Like 28

Happy start to the week everyone!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  All my siblings played an instrument and I did not (cost to learn as I went to parochial school and they went to public) but I don't really know anyone now who does.  So no hugs will be given out.  Had to look up Pupusa and did see its day was yesterday BUT it does look good to try!!  I remember having a Sadie Hawkins dance in high school.  I never went!  LOL!!  Just an FYI:

• Even though women today are more independent than their counterparts in the early 20th century, there is still an unspoken societal rule that it is not proper for women to ask men out on dates. Use this day as an excuse to break these rules and ask your sweetie out on a date.

I agree with Clarke that is why you need to impart your knowledge to others!  No on the meal and drink, maybe on the wine, and I never have been to Ireland.  It was cool to see the pics from the Voyager!

Lazy day today.  It is "warm" this morning at around 60F on the way up to close to 80F.  Of course, sunny as usual.  Made hummus yesterday but was lazy and didn't take off the skins.  Didn't make bread so maybe today.  Straightening up the apartment so that it is clean when I leave.  

Thoughts for the world and those on the care list.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!

IMG_1443.thumb.JPG.cd4948354005f96365c13419edac8d52.JPGIMG_1442.JPG.d7d990c49daaa71d5dc618a860437323.JPG

• Like 24
  • Haha 6

Thanks for the Daily, helps keep my sanity. Dublin looks fun. 
I feel lousy this morning, not much sleep, too much pain. Thank you Lenda for the Aspercreme suggestion. My hip/thigh muscle was too painful, nearly spasms. But the aspercreme calmed it down enough. Finishing breakfast, cooked all the eggs in the fridge, will baggie what’s left so we can heat them tomorrow, no pans. 
Onward. 

Say a prayer for my niece… she’s 6 weeks out from a high risk pregnancy at age 48! Baby’s breech, hoping it’ll turn!  I know little about having babies, never had one!  
m—

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning,

I received a picture last night from my DSIL of her holding Murphy for the first time since July right before her surgery. She was thrilled to hold her DGD!  Murphy still has a way to go but making progress. 

My DD DS was a fantastic musician.  I wish I could hug him today! I have my monthly lunch with friends and I am bringing dessert. I was supposed to meet with my financial planner but he woke up with sore throat and cough. No thanks, don’t need whatever that is. 

DGD feels ok when temp is down but back up to 103 before bedtime. 

Prayers for our care list and celebrations for the lucky travelers. Have a great day. 

• Like 28