Major mess up by Princess upgrade

Host CJSKIDS

So, I have spent the last few hours on the phone with Princess. My upgrade was successful yesterday and my credit card was charged. 

I have the upgrade email, I have the new confirmations, I printed out my new luggage tags. Just

When I inquired about changing the cabin via chat, they filled out a form. I made sure and asked if this wouldn't mess things up. I made sure and had the transcript mailed to me. 

today I get a new email showing me back into the the category I booked. After hours on the phone, I'm getting nowhere. Of course customer service overseas can't do anything. 

So we agree to accept what they give us, we have to agree to something being non refundable, yet this happens. 

Let's see what comes of this but to say that I'm fuming is an understatement. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OMG that sucks! So sorry this happened to you. I have been sailing with Princess since I was a kid and I don't know what changed but it's not good. The overseas call center is the worst I've ever dealt with, each time I call. I don't think they are trained. And now here you are, with a major snafu that needs to be fixed, and they can't do anything. I ask them to transfer me to a supervisor, they say they can't. I ask them to transfer me to the California office, they say no. It makes me a bit leery using them now sadly. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Let's see what comes of this but to say that I'm fuming is an understatement. 

Your situation is awful but sadly it’s not surprising to me as Princess’ promises to improve customer relations have resulted in even worse service due to the inexperienced & untrained offshore call center reps.

Hopefully you’ll soon get an acceptable solution…I’d also be more than fuming! 😠

• Like 4

Well, I finally got a hold of my CVP and they were able to reverse the mistake. 

Dealing with customer service is terrible and I can now see the extreme frustration that everyone feels when dealing with this. 

Not being able to get directly to customer service is awful. Princess has got to make some changes. 

• Like 23

Thank you everyone!   

As I was told, this shouldn't have happened but it did. My CVP is going away for 6 days so thankfully she was able to take care of me. 

Wishing everyone who is in the US and celebrating Thanksgiving a very happy Thanksgiving!  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Thank you everyone!   

As I was told, this shouldn't have happened but it did. My CVP is going away for 6 days so thankfully she was able to take care of me. 

Wishing everyone who is in the US and celebrating Thanksgiving a very happy Thanksgiving!  

congratulations you got that all cleared.  Back home Monday from rehab, still non-weight bearing for at least 4 more weeks, then go from there. I've got to file a claim with AON - 5 days before cruise, definitely medical reason...

• Like 5

I prefer to do my own arrangements and control my own bookings.  No need for a PVP - Until this past year.  Couple times pulling my hair out with overseas call center that is of no help whatsoever, and then reading that others have the same experience - so now I use PVP - just because the call center sucks.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Why is cruise line support so bad?

They outsourced support overseas in an effort to save money. Their profitability is more important to them than delivering solid customer service. It is very very sad. We only use travel agents so we don't have to deal with the frustration and time investment of waiting on hold and then taking a crap shoot as to whether or not the rep that fields our call is reasonably intelligent or wholly confused.

I imagine the sales side of the business is still US based, but I don't know that for certain.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Thank you everyone!   

Glad it all got worked out!!  

My CVP is history (don't know why...suddenly email bounces and phone ext is non-existent)...hope I get signed up with a good one! 

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

congratulations you got that all cleared.  Back home Monday from rehab, still non-weight bearing for at least 4 more weeks, then go from there. I've got to file a claim with AON - 5 days before cruise, definitely medical reason...

so glad to hear you are doing okay. Been thinking about you. Happy Thanksgiving!

45 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

I prefer to do my own arrangements and control my own bookings.  No need for a PVP - Until this past year.  Couple times pulling my hair out with overseas call center that is of no help whatsoever, and then reading that others have the same experience - so now I use PVP - just because the call center sucks.

Well I can tell you I'm very thankful I had one. Because they kept telling me to wait until Friday or Saturday

• Like 3

That is crazy and shouldn't happen.  I hope they do something special for you to recognize what they put you through having to correct their mistake when you are no doubt busy getting ready for Thanksgiving.  Actually there is no appropriate time for them to make a stupid mistake like this.  Glad you at least got it sorted out and hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!

• Like 3

I am so sorry you had to go through that!  I worked for Princess as a Customer Service phone rep for 9 years before the shutdown.  Several times when I have called in now I have tried to tell the rep how to do what I need done and they can't even follow that and usually end up messing everything up.  If they ever bring back the customer service stateside I would apply again.  I actually loved helping people plan their cruises, I didn't do it for the money and would have gladly taken a pay cut to come back to work there. So it's sad to hear stories like this.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hotdogworm said:

I am so sorry you had to go through that!  I worked for Princess as a Customer Service phone rep for 9 years before the shutdown.  Several times when I have called in now I have tried to tell the rep how to do what I need done and they can't even follow that and usually end up messing everything up.  If they ever bring back the customer service stateside I would apply again.  I actually loved helping people plan their cruises, I didn't do it for the money and would have gladly taken a pay cut to come back to work there. So it's sad to hear stories like this.  Have a great cruise!

I hope you and others stateside do get the chance to return to work for Princess.  This outsourced, off-shored customer service experiment has definitely failed.  By now they should be up to speed on how to do their jobs but either they aren't well trained or not empowered to fix issues.  Maybe both.  It really is sad to see how bad it's gotten. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Well, I finally got a hold of my CVP and they were able to reverse the mistake. 

Dealing with customer service is terrible and I can now see the extreme frustration that everyone feels when dealing with this. 

Not being able to get directly to customer service is awful. Princess has got to make some changes. 

What was the outcome?  Did the CVP put you into the originally assigned cabin in the upgraded category or was the CVP successfully able to change your cabin in the upgraded category?

58 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I hope you and others stateside do get the chance to return to work for Princess.  This outsourced, off-shored customer service experiment has definitely failed.  By now they should be up to speed on how to do their jobs but either they aren't well trained or not empowered to fix issues.  Maybe both.  It really is sad to see how bad it's gotten. 

Totally agree!  Its a lesson in futility dealing with the call center!

Bring back Your Princess Employees!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dlh015 said:

My CVP is history (don't know why...suddenly email bounces and phone ext is non-existent)...hope I get signed up with a good one! 

My CVP ignored my email asking for a re-fare. Since the price has dropped again, I want to actually re-fare this time. Does anyone know how to get a different CVP than the one you are assigned to?

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

What was the outcome?  Did the CVP put you into the originally assigned cabin in the upgraded category or was the CVP successfully able to change your cabin in the upgraded category?

she got me into the same cabin as they hadn't given it away. Shocking because the ship is basically sold out 

• Like 5

Living in the UK I booked my cruise to New Zealand in January 2024 last April direct with Princess Cruises and I cannot praise them enough

Extremely helpful and they organised not just the cruise but return flights with Singapore Airways, hotel stay in Sydney at Four Seasons plus transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to cruise terminal and cruise terminal to airport on return to Sydney.

2nd cruise with Princess and have downloaded Medallion app on iPhone and iPad and everything seems ok