Thursday November 23rd, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good morning, everyone!

54849f9c870936aa4345ec4ed197875b-thanksgiving-pictures-thanksgiving-quotes.jpg.36ef2ae63c5a47809161a1e53092e715.jpg

Yesterday we stopped by Target and got River a nice outfit for today.  She also got a pretty pair of glittery shoes, so there is glitter all over the house.  She is taste testing the dump cake for breakfast this morning.  

As soon as I get this posted I need to get to work.  I need to get the turkey in by 10 so it is ready when the football game is over.  After that I have a short window to get the house squared away.  

I doubt many of us will have today's meal.  Not when there is turkey, ham, and all the fixings available.  But some may want to tuck it away for another time.  I think we've had variations of this before, but not this exact curry.  https://damndelicious.net/2021/10/16/thai-coconut-curry-ramen/

coconutcurryramen1.thumb.jpg.a2528c2ff99875d7830eccf26d11e761.jpg

The mushrooms in this one looked good to me.  https://minimalistbaker.com/coconut-curry-ramen/

coconutcurryramen2.thumb.jpg.d18813db19f8c8c76b791d10df92c1da.jpg

And here is the vegetarian tofu version.  https://pinchofyum.com/coconut-curry-ramen

coconutcurryramen3.thumb.jpg.6152b00420de9c72a6d6c6c918bba936.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 13

38 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Just checking the weather and it’s our coldest day of the year at 41F with a high of 61. Heck we are colder here in Florida than New York City.

If it makes you feel better, you’re not colder than here 😂 🥶 

@bennybear what a beautiful grand puppy you have 👍 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Since we can't comment any further on yesterday's Daily I'll move Brenda's @bennybear grand puppy's photo over here.  I wanted to say that I think she is a beautiful dog with such a shiny coat.  I hope she makes a great addition to the family.  What's her name?

Here’s our lovely new 5 month old grand puppy, from a shelter.  She is lovely! 

IMG_3274.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!   Happy Thanksgiving to all my Daily family who celebrate; enjoy whatever the day has in store for you.  I enjoy cranberries, fresh, cooked or dried, so I'll likely pop some dried ones into a salad today.  I can't drink espresso - I'd be jittery for days!  Love juke boxes, but they're few and far between these days.  Remember the little ones that used to be in every booth?

Thanks2023.png.000acbe18d68108615b3d2ae08d58cd5.png

Thank you all for your care and concern for DH yesterday - your thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated.  Neither of us is too concerned, as he's on a blood thinner Eliquis that could be the likely culprit causing his issues.  He used to also take a baby aspirin a day, but the two combined gave him nosebleeds, so that's been dropped from his drug regime.  I'm going to go online later today to see the results; much better than having to wait for an appointment with the doctor next week.

Well it's cold and dark out this morning; currently we're sitting at -19C (-2.2F), and looking out the back door, I can see the deck windows are all frosted over.  The sun won't make it's way over the horizon for us until 8:40 (another hour), but I can see there's a clear sky and Venus is shining brightly in the southeastern sky.  I'm sorry to see that @kazuis getting more bad weather . . . it seems every harsh system manages to catch the East coast!  Stay safe and don't fall!!!

Not a lot happening for us today, but I checked one of the online grocery flyers and see that frozen shrimp are on sale, so we'll head out later this morning and pick up a couple of packages to tuck away in the freezer.  I'll likely bring some to Calgary with us at Christmas and make shrimp scampi linguine one evening for dinner.  I think I'll settle in front of the TV this morning with a cup of regular coffee, some biscotti, my knitting, and watch Macy's Thanksgiving parade for a while - I love parades! 

I'm going to say I'd try the drink of the day, even though it's got bourbon.  Pretty sure I'd like the wine, and I've had coconut curry before - it's quite tasty.  We've got some leftovers from last night's dinner, so I think I'll just make some extra vegetables to go with the leftover pork roast and we can enjoy it at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially the hostages who hopefully will be released soon, those in wars, and the 2 souls involved in the crash at the Rainbow Bridge.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Happy thanksgiving to all our American friends south of the border and to those north of us in Michigan too. Football will be on in our house too. DH is a Detroit lions supporter. And we will be having dinner with one DD and family. Her DH works in auburn hills for Stellantis so gets today and tomorrow off.

prayers for those needing them and a celebratory shout to others.

• Like 27

🦃  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  🦃

Sending good wishes to all our US Dailyites for a Happy Thanksgiving.

Good morning from Quartzsite, where it is 48F and feels like 48F and partly cloudy.  The high this afternoon will be 73F, but beginning tomorrow our highs will be in the mid to upper 60s.  As long as it's sunny with no wind, those temperatures will be comfortable outside.

I'll leave you with this, and come back in a bit to comment on yesterday's and today's posts.

403602329_2570010196497269_1108436781701196851_n.jpg.3de64ed7be43f463983c6448672cce83.jpg

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Happy Thanksgiving Thursday Dailyites!

My quiche turned out really well last night, although we ate much later than usual.  Leftovers for breakfast.  Yum.  I did laundry yesterday afternoon.  Washed the covers from the sofa and love seat.  There was a lot of ginger fur in the lint filter. 

When we were gone there was apparently a change in cat rule.  Bob abused Furnando, and Furnando took his frustration out on Tazi.  Last night was the first night that all 3 were in the same room together.  Finally a moment of calm.  More laundry to do today, but I have to run up to Walgreens to get laundry detergent.  I need to vacuum, dust, and set the table and cook.  Luckily dinner is not until  4.  So lots of time to cook!  

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day, with making new memories, and cherishing past memories.

image.png.b3539d235c4133f973f065a8ad392df4.png

image.thumb.png.23337f443d6c27f4bb1b3f66ae7ae043.png

image.png.d80a2541f9e001e5c2eeac2e5c02d0ba.png

To al Dailyites-

image.png.43a6cc49a5e48a215077a3d19014ced6.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning to all from a rainy Gustavia, St. Barth’s and 

a very Happy Thanksgiving to all.

We hope the weather clears up so we can go ashore later.

I am very grateful for all my friends here on the Daily.  There are many days that I turn to you all for support.  

I wish you all a very happy day with family and friends.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.

It is presently 64 degrees but going to mid 70`s. Good weather for cooking turkey.   

Cranberries will be well represented here today. Cranberry sauce, cranberry bread.

Have never been to todays port. Were scheduled in 2020 but ....

Thanks for the photos.

I like to look at all the Black Friday ads but no newspaper. Always get it on Thanksgiving morning at Walgreens. They are closed. CVS open but no paper. Everything else is closed ( as it should be). Oh well.

We are a small group today. Very peaceful and pleasant. Wwe have a lot to be thankful for.  Last Thanksgiving we were in Darwin Australia. Great city. Then went and had a wonderful turkey dinner on the ship. First time in my adult life I didnt cook. I told the CD that I should be chopping something. LOL.

I wish all my Dailylite friends a very safe and blessed Thanksgiving. I am very thankful for all of you.

Charlene

• Like 30

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We arrived in Tallinn on Sept. 6, 2011 on Emerald Princess.  It was our 42nd wedding anniversary so a special destination for a special day.  Here we are arriving.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLme2QJBdmSOtC9xTIXmaZC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110606

It was an easy walk to the downtown area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwuodWzykvLk33wiU4BJwL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110614

The area is full of stone buildings like this.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4Nk1JUUdfPZDYifAUYwPI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788012

So cool!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXK-kYpNDd8JjKlon0aNw4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110945

I love this doorway!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJarlFvubanmfyiCpznRmbN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788041

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLV7rNy9Ef6fdVfwLQQscbwaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110962

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYTbAZto1LPCtg6GQPocqn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110977

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKilreCIJ1Dm1CQI26uYJlx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110978

Wow, what an interesting facade on this building.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLvb_6QKxgJcabKYLAgQQXy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788119

We went in a marzipan shop because our traveling buddies were big fans of marzipan.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4EzWcFAdRlL2ia_tjKo9S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110995

Hmmmm...00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0z2tnjKZafgVYfhnPnqFz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110998

A lovely floral display on this light.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuwMr_TcvbS_62TwNWtMKOUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110998

What do you spot in this photo?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJU8N5CV0saHr22UgS6QYjN4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110967

You got it.  A huge Pontiac from the 1960's era.  I tried passing my driver's license test, parallel parking a 1966 Bonneville coupe similar to this and failed.  Went back in my friend's tiny Chevrolet Corvair and passed it easily!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLom-D9FJzIKnE1MKG_hxoc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110972

A local souvenir seller showed us this collection of Estonian coins.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdlZGtAXOajLEMyx8PQkv-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111003

In a huge square in the middle of town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKOg6d_eMpzYYNTlqqz7Svs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111007

Political graffiti on this building.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIOhUYR_3HljCR1OH6ikFS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111024

A little archery competition00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKleFN8Fi5lpCmv8igT2gXZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111042

An awesome church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTTs57XQ7MC8KbFOe6qz-K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788262

Photograph of DH and I courtesy of our travel buddies.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKozUnCp4DfcTIHPK84TwRB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788266

And again00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIbtseA-eyJL1UpppKIxJzJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110939

Who doesn't like a pink building?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIZLGSUb1TxaHxwQTVbQPn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111054

And the Emerald Princess (back in 2011 so no sea witch on the hull)00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2aUxa8aQyWKufan0eOeXM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110606

Excellent photos Sandi showing the wonderful Tallin Estonia perfectly and nice photos of you and Dennis on your 42nd wedding anniversary.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

When I think of Thanksgiving I think of my favorite photo of DH preparing the turkey at DD's house.  Her precious cavapoo Gracie was at attention all day long when the turkey was out of the oven.  We called her the kitchen Roomba!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Speaking of DD she sent me photos of her latest Celebration tree in her foyer.  Looks great!

This Christmas she added the red spiral thingamabobs she used for the July 4th tree.  I love 'em!

I'll be able to see this tree when I spend Christmas there.  Looking forward to it!

Hearing about some of the details of the car crash event at the Rainbow Bridge I wonder if the driver had a medical emergency?  That is probably what happened to my neighbors Linda and David when he ran off the highway and crashed into an overpass.  His car went airborne too and he never braked according to witnesses.  He passed away but Linda survived and had a broken back and two broken wrists.  She is home and is able to walk, and has adopted a chihuahua mix 4 year old dog who seems like a good fit for her lifestyle.  Chihuahuas usually don't walk fast and neither can Linda!  Latest news is I see that Linda has placed her home for sale and I assume is moving somewhere closer to family.  Our neighborhood will miss her!

Nice tree photos Sandi and of Dennis and Gracie.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Excellent photos Sandi showing the wonderful Tallin Estonia perfectly and nice photos of you and Dennis on your 42nd wedding anniversary.

Thank you so much Graham!  It's always nice to be on a cruise during an anniversary or birthday, isn't it?  

Edited to say thank you also for your comments on the Gracie and celebration tree photos.  We all still miss Gracie!  😢

19 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Thanksgiving Thursday Dailyites!

My quiche turned out really well last night, although we ate much later than usual.  Leftovers for breakfast.  Yum.  I did laundry yesterday afternoon.  Washed the covers from the sofa and love seat.  There was a lot of ginger fur in the lint filter. 

When we were gone there was apparently a change in cat rule.  Bob abused Furnando, and Furnando took his frustration out on Tazi.  Last night was the first night that all 3 were in the same room together.  Finally a moment of calm.  More laundry to do today, but I have to run up to Walgreens to get laundry detergent.  I need to vacuum, dust, and set the table and cook.  Luckily dinner is not until  4.  So lots of time to cook!  

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day, with making new memories, and cherishing past memories.

image.png.b3539d235c4133f973f065a8ad392df4.png

image.thumb.png.23337f443d6c27f4bb1b3f66ae7ae043.png

image.png.d80a2541f9e001e5c2eeac2e5c02d0ba.png

To al Dailyites-

image.png.43a6cc49a5e48a215077a3d19014ced6.png

I hope you get it all done on time without too much stress.  But it sounds like Walgreen's might be closed today, so you may have to run into Kroger for detergent.  I believe they are open until 4.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisers Gracie was such a cutie.   I have a friend who named her dog "Hoover"  (after the vacuum cleaner) because he ate every morsel of food that hit the floor.  I wonder if she got a dog now if she would call him "Dyson"?😁

Thank you Melanie.  She was a darling dog who adored snuggling next to you on the sofa.  Very well behaved too.  DD's new dogs Sadie and Milo have settled in.  Sadie used to be very rambunctious but has settled down a lot, and Milo likes to tease her and get her going.  I really don't know Milo yet so Christmas should be interesting.  😄

• Like 17

Good Thanksgiving morning,

I hope everyone eats their fill in whatever they want. Molly and I will hang out and wait for DS to bring me goodies from his in-laws. I have been to today’s port on the Zuiderdam in 2018. It is a beautiful little town. 

I am thankful I have found this supportive thread. Everyone is so welcoming. I am especially thankful for Rich and the others who each day do their individual roles to keep it going. Sandi you keep us all in line and are a wonderful source of pictures. I wish everyone a great day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday, I had good intentions of coming back and commenting on what had been happening to everyone.  However, I ran out of time, but did manage to read yesterday's Daily.  I'll try to incorporate what I wanted to say last night in here too.

Things as usual didn't go as planned yesterday.  Our development has it's own water company, which was bought by a larger company a few years ago.  All was going well, until the person who lived here and oversaw the water system left.  The new person doesn't do as good a job, and the much needed improvements to the system are causing problems, which include low water pressure or no water, sometimes for more than a day.  Yesterday was one of those days when the pressure was low and then no water.  When it came back on a little later in the morning, we dropped everything and refilled the water tank on the motorhome.  That's when I realized the branches from our neighbor's plants were hanging too far over the fence and it was difficult of not impossible to walk between the motorhome and the fence with the slide out.  I did a bit of trimming and finish trimming the plants in a day or two.

The neighbors bought the place after we left in 2022.  We finally met then yesterday, and in spite of what some of the other neighbors said, they were very nice.  The do tend to keep to themselves though.  Also, they have no problem with my trimming the overhanging limbs.

We played hooky for a bit in the afternoon and took a ride into town to see if there were many changes.  There were a few, but basically, it is the same.  The biggest change is a new Tesla charging facility behind the new gas station.  That is the second Tesla charging facility since there's one behind Carl's Jr.  I managed to find time to wash two summers worth of dirt off the front and back patios.  Now, I can put the patio furniture out and begin enjoying the good weather.

We'll be having canned cranberry sauce with our meal today.  DH likes espresso on cold days, and who didn't enjoy the jukebox when they were growing up.  One of our favorite restaurants when I was growing up had the small jukebox units at the table.

The Josh Billings quote is so true.  Some of us play the cards dealt to us better than others.

We'll pass on the meal.  We were served Ramen noodles on a JAL flight many years ago, and that made me swear I'd never eat them again.  In stead, the two of us will split a Cornish game hen, along with scallop potatoes, the cranberry sauce and a salad.  Dessert will be ice cream, since, for some reason, I haven't had time to bake. The drink might be worth a try, but knowing how sweet southern tea is, plus the sweetness from the peach schnapps, I suspect it will be a very sweet drink.

We have been to Tallinn, and I'll look up my pictures in the links Sandi @StLouisCruisers posted.

The Cutty Sark is an enduring ship.  We wanted to see her when we were in Greenwich, but she was behind heavy plastic due to some work on her.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, again, thank you for posting my pictures the past few days.

@0106  Tina, thanks for the pictures of the Pride of Baltimore and the Clipper Stad Amsterdam

@dfish  Debbie, that was nice of you and Sue to get River a new dress and shoes for today.  I know she is thrilled with them.  Enjoy Thanksgiving in your new home with all your family.

@ger_77  Gerry, I was sorry to read about your DH's problems, and I too hope it is just from the blood thinner.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope the weather cooperates and you can go ashore.  Like you, I am very grateful for all my Daily friends.  Even when they did not know it, their friendship and support the last few year was a great help.

369185976_779694477495273_7539641655257318309_n.jpg.c3a1dad845891c2f2136fbc14a94e3fe.jpg

373458204_6625716730819018_5199975759926339314_n.thumb.jpg.6cbc01e91aa7c34d82540828a3b6279d.jpg

386105868_270900155915654_2070848648751252981_n.thumb.jpg.04021d7f4e5aeda57093d640cfdc290d.jpg

391714558_1228884665171683_2755410022739509683_n.jpg.c0b3f5eb2f9425c83bf9f643d0154fbf.jpg

395405036_6961747337214863_7902707128567301685_n.jpg.0d37fd5f98bd7684de53504342c312ea.jpg

382784960_795069212420489_920697146124638715_n.jpg.736c21bb68e3302319a53f1bcd9a374a.jpg

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 15

We have been to Tallinn three times, 2003 on Rotterdam VI, 2005 on Marco Polo and 2016 on Prinsendam.  It is a lovely place, and the old town is magical.  

In 2003, while walking down a back street in the old town, we passed this bar that had a Texas flag flying outside, and it may have been called Texas Bar, but don't hold me to that.  The inside is a Texas type bar.

IMG_2042.thumb.JPG.4f9070cb8a8bc7f1275bd0119d21bd67.JPG

An interesting downspout

DSC05070.thumb.JPG.cb5bf08db7027d8abe05c3f935fbe810.JPG

The big square once you've climbed the street to the top.

IMG_2023.thumb.JPG.246dd5f9f3b60a6c344c20354d9b491c.JPG

Another interesting street in the old town.

IMG_2019.thumb.JPG.2bf776fada54c6b2ff2543fa866e32e7.JPG

The view from the top of the old town

IMG_2026.thumb.JPG.7f2fd9c088ef30677c9be200393eb61f.JPG

IMG_2027.thumb.JPG.7b1b9a2d5efaeb3483ebd6169b5fa8f1.JPG

The area outside the hall where the choral contests are held.  A wooden submarine, and a couple of interesting boats.

DSC05056.thumb.JPG.19cd2e65c54f9d38c88e0fc1b9ba46f7.JPG

DSC05057.thumb.JPG.a4308a4f8527e8312a035a719f93882f.JPG

Looking at the plaza/transportation hub from the old town

IMG_2045.thumb.JPG.949ae485e964e318c7e825428572d18e.JPG

In 2005 and 2016, we took the Ho-Ho to see more of Tallinn.  These are scenes from the 2005 Ho-Ho.

IMG_5321.thumb.JPG.c74fd66a3ea4134f7d6a61b39c742150.JPG

IMG_5323.thumb.JPG.9312fb7d5d5c06c24ff52d4f4edd134d.JPG

IMG_5325.thumb.JPG.557505de7d71ffefc56f5b3f23f8b043.JPG

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

It's hard to buy just one cranberry. I like espresso well enough but I don't have an espresso maker and I don't think that the cafés downtown will be open today.

Pass on the meal and on the cocktail. If you want to put hooch in your tea, go right ahead. In central Europe you can order (hot) tea with rum. For a Cabernet, I'll suggest one from Shalestone Vineyards. I've been to Tallinn on the Serenade of the Seas, sailing from Stockholm, and I think I've posted pictures before. I've seen the Cutty Sark at Greenwich, the day after falling on my face in front of the Royal Festival Hall and getting sutures in the ER at St. Thomas's.

Dinner tonight, in addition to the Three Sisters casserole, will be avocado (if one is ripe enough) or Castelvetrano olives, romanesco, and mandarin oranges. I would like a Beaujolais Nouveau but couldn't bother to go out and buy a bottle, so the wine will be cardboardeaux Pinot Noir.

countasexercise.jpg.0ff033aea7028a440c54a54081426c6c.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 26
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good Thanksgiving morning,

I hope everyone eats their fill in whatever they want. Molly and I will hang out and wait for DS to bring me goodies from his in-laws. I have been to today’s port on the Zuiderdam in 2018. It is a beautiful little town. 

I am thankful I have found this supportive thread. Everyone is so welcoming. I am especially thankful for Rich and the others who each day do their individual roles to keep it going. Sandi you keep us all in line and are a wonderful source of pictures. I wish everyone a great day!

Thanks Lorraine, but I don't do any more than the other contributors.  We all enjoy spending time here because of how interesting it is with everyone's perspective.

16 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Yesterday, I had good intentions of coming back and commenting on what had been happening to everyone.  However, I ran out of time, but did manage to read yesterday's Daily.  I'll try to incorporate what I wanted to say last night in here too.

Things as usual didn't go as planned yesterday.  Our development has it's own water company, which was bought by a larger company a few years ago.  All was going well, until the person who lived here and oversaw the water system left.  The new person doesn't do as good a job, and the much needed improvements to the system are causing problems, which include low water pressure or no water, sometimes for more than a day.  Yesterday was one of those days when the pressure was low and then no water.  When it came back on a little later in the morning, we dropped everything and refilled the water tank on the motorhome.  That's when I realized the branches from our neighbor's plants were hanging too far over the fence and it was difficult of not impossible to walk between the motorhome and the fence with the slide out.  I did a bit of trimming and finish trimming the plants in a day or two.

The neighbors bought the place after we left in 2022.  We finally met then yesterday, and in spite of what some of the other neighbors said, they were very nice.  The do tend to keep to themselves though.  Also, they have no problem with my trimming the overhanging limbs.

We played hooky for a bit in the afternoon and took a ride into town to see if there were many changes.  There were a few, but basically, it is the same.  The biggest change is a new Tesla charging facility behind the new gas station.  That is the second Tesla charging facility since there's one behind Carl's Jr.  I managed to find time to wash two summers worth of dirt off the front and back patios.  Now, I can put the patio furniture out and begin enjoying the good weather.

We'll be having canned cranberry sauce with our meal today.  DH likes espresso on cold days, and who didn't enjoy the jukebox when they were growing up.  One of our favorite restaurants when I was growing up had the small jukebox units at the table.

The Josh Billings quote is so true.  Some of us play the cards dealt to us better than others.

We'll pass on the meal.  We were served Ramen noodles on a JAL flight many years ago, and that made me swear I'd never eat them again.  In stead, the two of us will split a Cornish game hen, along with scallop potatoes, the cranberry sauce and a salad.  Dessert will be ice cream, since, for some reason, I haven't had time to bake. The drink might be worth a try, but knowing how sweet southern tea is, plus the sweetness from the peach schnapps, I suspect it will be a very sweet drink.

We have been to Tallinn, and I'll look up my pictures in the links Sandi @StLouisCruisers posted.

The Cutty Sark is an enduring ship.  We wanted to see her when we were in Greenwich, but she was behind heavy plastic due to some work on her.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, again, thank you for posting my pictures the past few days.

@0106  Tina, thanks for the pictures of the Pride of Baltimore and the Clipper Stad Amsterdam

@dfish  Debbie, that was nice of you and Sue to get River a new dress and shoes for today.  I know she is thrilled with them.  Enjoy Thanksgiving in your new home with all your family.

@ger_77  Gerry, I was sorry to read about your DH's problems, and I too hope it is just from the blood thinner.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope the weather cooperates and you can go ashore.  Like you, I am very grateful for all my Daily friends.  Even when they did not know it, their friendship and support the last few year was a great help.

369185976_779694477495273_7539641655257318309_n.jpg.c3a1dad845891c2f2136fbc14a94e3fe.jpg

373458204_6625716730819018_5199975759926339314_n.thumb.jpg.6cbc01e91aa7c34d82540828a3b6279d.jpg

386105868_270900155915654_2070848648751252981_n.thumb.jpg.04021d7f4e5aeda57093d640cfdc290d.jpg

391714558_1228884665171683_2755410022739509683_n.jpg.c0b3f5eb2f9425c83bf9f643d0154fbf.jpg

395405036_6961747337214863_7902707128567301685_n.jpg.0d37fd5f98bd7684de53504342c312ea.jpg

382784960_795069212420489_920697146124638715_n.jpg.736c21bb68e3302319a53f1bcd9a374a.jpg

Lenda

No problem posting your photos Lenda.  I figured I was safe waiting today for you to post now that you're back in Quartzsite, though it sounds like you've had your hands full with the water problem and the furnace/AC needing replaced.  I hope everything goes smoothly from now on and you can enjoy sitting out on the porches taking in the good weather.

9 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Enjoying my cruise!

IMG_1502.jpeg

That is a really beautiful photo, Pennie!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser your photo of the Texas Bar reminded me of this exchange of photos from one of the previous times we posted on Tallinn.

Here is @tjcox9's post:

Rotterdam 2005 - here is the front of the Texas bar (I was a Texas at the time so this was a necessary shot) and the front of another interesting bar as well. We were there later as well, but I'm sure the photos are much the same as the others that have been posted.

Tallinn, Estonia017.JPG

Tallinn, Estonia018.JPG

And here is mine showing the same two places 6 years later.

Hey, looks like we all liked the Texas bar!  I took a photo too in 2011.  Then a photo of the Hell Hunt with a very different nameplate on the front.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMJosE54ftt6IiYvxifWrf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110976

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL5sUJZa8H1ZFjeMwQOHYJY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110975

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2