elite mini bar question on a 14 day cruise

sns1

We will be on a 14 day cruise.  This is not a back to back.  Will there be 1 mini bar set up or 2?  Just wondering if it is by the number of days. 

It is not by number of days but is by cruise. However if the cruise you've booked as a single booking can also be booked as a series of bookings, it is considered to be multiple cruises for the mini-bar perk regardless as to how you booked it. If you look at your cruise history (your upcoming cruise will also be listed) and that cruise gets more than one credit, you'll get multiple setups.

• Like 1

Just now, upwarduk said:

Are the drinks in the mini bar charged, we are Platinum ( not Elite as per title of this thread).

Minibar drinks are charged for platinum unless you are in a suite. In which case, they are included in your fare. 

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Are the drinks in the mini bar charged, we are Platinum ( not Elite as per title of this thread).

I fairly certain that there is no stocked mini bar like you might find in some hotels. The fridge should be empty when you board. If you wish to have sodas, drinks and such to stock your fridge you have to order them.

• Like 3

Just now, skynight said:

I fairly certain that there is no stocked mini bar like you might find in some hotels. The fridge should be empty when you board. If you wish to have sodas, drinks and such to stock your fridge you have to order them.

I defer to @skynight’s knowledge. 
I could’ve sworn when we were platinum there were drinks in the mini fridge but it’s been so long I honestly can’t remember.

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Yes, they will be charged, if there are any. I recall before being Elite that there were at least soft drinks in there. I also recall having a second cabin with grandchildren and they were charged for sodas from the fridge. That was over a decade ago though.

Edited by beg3yrs

22 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes. That sailing was two 7 day voyages b2b. It's a mini bar per voyage not per booking number. 

I booked this as a 14 day, one booking number. 

2 minutes ago, waltd said:

The key is Princess has it listed as two different cruises.    So you received 2 mini  bars.

You may be correct. On their site I had the option of booking two separate 7 day cruises or a 14 day cruise. With the 14 day booking I got a $250 Shareholder Credit and $250 Military Credit instead of $100 for 7 day cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilot said:

I booked this as a 14 day, one booking number. 

It makes no difference how you booked it. Room service does not know how you you booked it. If it as available as 2 7 day cruises you will get another setup

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

It makes no difference how you booked it. Room service does not know how you you booked it. If it as available as 2 7 day cruises you will get another setup

nevermind

If one is Platinum there is no mini-bar. Period. They used to stick some water and soda in the fridge and charge you if you used it but I don't think they do that anymore. The mini-bar is an Elite perk.

Is your room steward "allowed" to accept the items from the minibar set ups as a gift. Previously we've given bottles to friends but on the next upcoming  B2B cruises we"re not sailing with anyone to give them to. Thought I'd offer them to room steward if acceptable. I drink the beer and my wife drinks the bubbly waters, rest we don't care about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Is your room steward "allowed" to accept the items from the minibar set ups as a gift. Previously we've given bottles to friends but on the next upcoming  B2B cruises we"re not sailing with anyone to give them to. Thought I'd offer them to room steward if acceptable. I drink the beer and my wife drinks the bubbly waters, rest we don't care about.

You can swap out the stuff you don't want for stuff you do.

With a package the setup is more a convenience than a benefit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sns1 said:

We will be on a 14 day cruise.  This is not a back to back.  Will there be 1 mini bar set up or 2?  Just wondering if it is by the number of days. 

Are you cruising with the Standard package?

41 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

You can swap out the stuff you don't want for stuff you do.

With a package the setup is more a convenience than a benefit.

We only use the package at bars and restaurants. When we want something out on the balcony we grab from the mini bar. Definitely a benefit for us

• Like 1

We have the plus package and we are elite.   This cruise is the 14 day Caribbean circle on March 9th.  The only way to book it was a 14 day cruise.   We received $250 OBC when we submitted for our shareholder credit.   That is what made me question two minibars.

• Like 1