The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday February 13th,

kazu

Today is Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday/Paczki Day/Mardi Gras, Black Love Day, and Desperation Day

If life had a second edition, how I would correct the proofs. - John Clare

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken & Cornmeal Dumplings
Drink of the Day - Kentucky Mule
Wine of the Day - Brewer-Clifton 2021 Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills)
Destination of the Day - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Today in History:
1689 Parliament of England adopts the Bill of Rights which establishes the rights of parliament and places limits on the crown
1601 Fleet of five British East India Company vessels departs on their 1st voyage from London, led by Sir James John Lancaster commanding the "Red Dragon"

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 02-16

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 17:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 15:00 

Oosterdam

Punta Arenas, Chile 

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour eta 02-14

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour eta 02-14

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Dunedin, Port Chalmers, New Zealand 08:00 - 17:00 

Volendam

Exmouth WA, Western Australia 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Himeji, Japan Hyogo 06:00 - 23:59 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Guam Island USA, Apra Harbor, Marianas eta 0

• Like 17
  • Thanks 23

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

Condolences to ger_77 on the death of her Aunt and her friend’s DH

Tupper10 recovering from Covid after last cruise

Smitty34877’s Tana being treated for infection

Lazey1 getting a TEE, as part of her heart failure evaluation

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

Death of 5 Marines in a helicopter crash

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with pulmonary issues

Ger_77’s DH Maurice needing heart valve replacement

Rafinmd with elevated PSA

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

RMLincoln’s DH Richard’s eye procedure went well, eye drop decreased

Marshhawk feeling better

Cruzin Terri feeling better

Ger_77’s DH Maurice doing well on his TAVI assessment

Superoma/Kochleffel covering the Daily meal and drink recipes 

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Mister 67 (Celebrity Equinox Feb 15 to Feb 24) 9d Aruba, Curacao & Cayman Cruise

3 days for Mr. Boston (Rotterdam Feb 16 to Feb 25) 9d Southern Caribbean Seafarer

4 days for Nickelpenny (Zaandam Feb 17 to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer

4 days for Cat Shepard (Norwegian Escape Feb 17 to Feb 24) 7d Caribbean: Great Stirrup Cay & Dominican Republic

7 days for USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn Feb 20 to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei

Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Feb 16) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas, summer slope(Koningsdam to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, Sharon in AZ (Koningsdam to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, Quartzsite Cruiser (Koningsdam to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, Dfish & Sue (Koningsdam to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Feb 18) 11d Windward Islands Explorer + 7d Tropical Retreats, Quilty964 (Nieuw Statendam to Feb 18) 7d E. Caribbean, 0106 (Oosterdam to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica, Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B Caribbean), Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 24

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report. The expected foot of snow has been reduced by half.  It hasn’t started yet so we’ll see what really happens.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, we are having chicken just not sure how we are cooking it.  
I woke up to major changes to our 8/31 Zuiderdam itinerary.  Quebec will no longer be an overnight stay.  Bar Harbor was removed.  Saint John and Portland were added. All other ports were shifted. It’s disappointing about the overnight but good news about Saint John.  
I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.3a583b0787afa8121a5a4afa3f79468b.png

Edited by Crazy For Cats
Spelling
  • Like 27
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report. The expected foot of snow has been reduced by half.  It hasn’t started yet so we’ll see what really happens.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, we are having chicken just not sure how we are cooking it.  
I woke up to major changes to our 8/31 Zuiderdam itinerary.  Quebec will no longer be an overnight stay.  Bar Harbor was removed.  Saint John and Portland were added. All other ports were shifted. It’s disappointing about the overnight but good news about Saint John.  
I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.3a583b0787afa8121a5a4afa3f79468b.png

Sorry to hear Bar Harbor was deleted. Has anyone heard if all bigger cruise ships will be turned away from Bar Harbor?

• Like 20

Good morning from a partly sunny 45°F North East England.

A good selection of days today.

There are lots of things I would do differently if my life had a second edition.

We have visited Abu Dhabi on 2 occasions on Emirates cruises from Dubai.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 27

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Thanks for the maps.

A chance of flurries for us today.

An interesting collection of days.  I'll celebrate Fat Tuesday but not sure about Desperation Day.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'm planning on making something with chicken for dinner tonight, so maybe this recipe will be on the table.  I hope the drink and wine will be tasty too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for our world.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  It is a mere 41 degrees this morning and supposedly cloudy.  It will be 55F later today with gusty winds at times, and mostly sunny skies.  We had a break in the rain in the late afternoon so we dumped 4.6 inches of rainwater out of the rain gauge which was a 24 hour total.  Then last evening we had a sudden thunderstorm followed by very gusty winds.  I assume the weather front is on its way up north now.  Good luck with your weather today!

Thanks go to Jacqui @kazu, Roy @rafinmd and Rich @richwmn for the posting of the Daily and Fleet Report/maps!  Well, today is Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras so tomorrow we have Ash Wednesday.  Try not to party too hard or you might regret it afterwards.😜  Sorry, I've never heard of Black Love Day or Desperation Day.  Not sure about the quote.  I hope someone will try the chicken and cornmeal dumplings and let us know.  No thanks to the Kentucky Mule drink or the pinot noir.  Today was important in English history I guess.  A shout out to Eva @superoma, Paul @kochleffel and Ann @cat shepard for their reports today.🙂

Prayers for DGD, DB and friends in need today.  Also for my friends here on the Daily with pain, difficulties before and after medical procedures, sickness, worry, stress and loss of loved ones.  In addition we continue to pray for Israelis, Ukrainians, hostages still held, and our military in danger overseas. 🙏  May all here have good times on their cruises and happy birthday and anniversary to anyone celebrating one.  🥂🎂   Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists today.  I hope your week goes well and that you are able to get some pain relief and sleep soon.

The port today is Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.  This was the port before on June 9, 2021 and May 9, 2022.  I have not had the opportunity to travel there, only to Dubai but I'm sure it's just as interesting.  I'll post the links below for you.  I don't have any photos to post today for either myself or Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.  

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!  Stay out of that bad weather!

• Like 29

Happy Mardi Gras to those who celebrate it.  Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Ann, Paul, and Eva.  I think I'll take a pass on the other 2 days. 

Not sure about today's quote.  Two interesting days in British history, although it is interesting that the Bill of Rights may not have given rights to ordinary citizens.

I have not been to Abu Dhabi although close, disembarking Silver Whisper there in 2007 and Queen Elizabeth in 2010.

I'll  pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Strawberry Bisque, Citrus Compote with Honey and Raisins, Veal Medallion with Creamy Porcini Sauce, and Cherry Crisp as served on MS Zaandam February 13, 2012.

A busy week with Pulminologist today, Podiatrist tomorrow, Fire Department photo and church AV rehearsal Thursday, and Drivers License Renewal Friday.

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy thank you for taking on the maps. We had quite a storm last night. Lots of thunder and rain. I am sure there was lightning, but I couldn’t see it from where I was sitting. 

Vanessa, thank you for tracking our happenings so well, I am always surprised by something I miss. Praying that next week’s procedure helps you!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores and - drumroll please - today I finish the grout with my bathroom. There are at least 6 high traffic areas where I will have to use an application of paste, but I am astounded at the difference. 

IMG_2481.jpeg.93c6acf9be1c4b5c21ce3001716cc930.jpeg

IMG_2482.jpeg.bfa7a177e594571cb0d9b13b82765122.jpeg

IMG_2579.jpeg.762743a30c1da27ad3390a069f3196dc.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, trauma and debilitating conditions, grieving the loss of a loved one, or dealing with events outside of their control. Sandi, I wish I lived out West. Morgan could stay with me while she searched for her own place. 

Terry, thinking of you & Tana. Pray that her condition improves, so you can relax a bit. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Brewer-Clifton 2021 Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills)

From one of the best Pinot Noir regions in California, this wine has lots of consumer and critic fans! I would need to compare it to my other two favorite PN before I bought it though. It is a bit pricier than both Meoimi and Bueña Vista. Easy to find. Online prices start at $35.99. 

$35.99

Winemaker Notes

This bottling is comprised of 100% estate Pinot Noir from three vineyards within the AVA. 3D, Machado and Hapgood all contribute to the wine which exhibits a drive, richness and pedigree expressive of our special growing area coupled with the purity of fruit and firm structure which have been the trademark of Brewer – Clifton.

• 95Wine Enthusiast
    Even Greg Brewer’s appellation cuvée carries his hallmark, addictive combination of sensory sensations. Light in the glass, it begins with aromas of fresh strawberry, red plum, wild thyme and chaparral spice on the nose. The palate snaps with refreshing acidity, powering through vibrant red fruit, earthy herb and peppery spice flavors. Delicious, fun, memorable. Editors’ Choice
  • 95Jeb Dunnuck
    Leading off the reds, the 2021 Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills offers a pure, complex, intense perfume of ripe raspberries, peppery herbs, exotic flowers, and underbrush. This deep, rich, medium to full-bodied Pinot Noir has a layered mouthfeel, ripe tannins, remarkable purity, and a great, great finish. It will stand up to anything in the vintage and should be snatched up by savvy readers.
  • 93Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2021 Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills, made with an unusually high proportion of whole clusters (90%), has broody scents of dark cherries, blackberries, woodsmoke, underbrush and rooibos tea leaves. The medium-bodied palate is chalky and refreshing with concentrated, spicy flavors and a long, nuanced finish.

• 91Wine Spectator
    Pretty, with high-pitched damson plum and cherry notes infused with rose petal and iris hints. The fresh finish is lined with red tea and sanguine hints. Drink now through 2027.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

Greetings from beautiful Punta Gorda 

67 right now with a high of 77 this afternoon 

Interesting collection of days as is the quote

I’m in on the Chicken and Dumplings 

Never been and not interested in visiting the port

Thanks again for the nice birthday wishes yesterday

Have a great day and stay well

• Like 30

Happy Fat/Shrove/Paczki/Mardi Gras Day - or whatever other one appeals.  Thanks Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Eva & Paul for your dedication.

IMG_2126.jpeg.5b8f6a664d13df1ebc3fa57247b318d6.jpeg

I’m not sure if I agree with the quote.  We learn from our mistakes / errors which helps us grow.  I don’t know if anything needs to be corrected?  it is what it is.  Today’s meal sounds good - as long as someone prepares it for me 😉.  Important days in history today, indeed.

IMG_2131.thumb.jpeg.2b12ceef4e07f6bb6461144ef8d5955c.jpeg

Appointment this morning and I will pick up a few key things needed in case.  I’m not sure what we are getting ‘Nor Easter wise  - one minute we are in the track and the next minute not.  Bottom line - we are in the circled area where they don’t know what will happen. 🤷 I have another appointment tomorrow that is not wise to cancel, so hopefully it will be good enough to get out of here 🤞 Poor Nova Scotia - parts of it are definitely going to really get dumped on - not sure where they will put it with all the snow they already got 😔 

IMG_2135.jpeg.77815e8f746bd87132a334d3e441b17b.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them.  🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂.

IMG_2133.jpeg.aba503ef6573aed606f83478182de431.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Haha 8

Good morning from HMC.  A beautiful day today with 18 mph winds.  No plans for us today, hopefully enjoying our balcony.  

Thanks for today's Daily and Fleet reports @kazu and for the accompanying maps @rafinmd.   

@JazzyVthank you for maintaining our cares and celebrations reports and I forgot to thank you for doing so on the one year anniversary a few days ago.  Prayers for everyone needing them and the people of Ukraine.  

Our busy day went well yesterday until the very end.  The Mariners reception was well attended and 5 300 day medallions were given out, though actually there were 8 because there were several couples who got them.  Then they recognized the five President's Club members/couple ranging from 1740 days to 2400.  Lots of sparkling wine, mimosas and bloody Marys.  Then a nice lunch in the PG and then off the the premier wine tasting.  Our Sommelier Rodel poured some nice wines that we went through very quickly.  Then he turned to the food pairing with each wine.  I do believe this was the best HA tasting we have done due to the matching of the food component.  

Things went bad at Tamarind. There must have been a private group in the other part because at 5 the place was packed.  John never got his meal or his special order Nami sushi.  I had finished my entree and we left.  We are enjoying the MDR more and more on this cruise.  Have a great day! Nancy 

IMG_20240213_074134589_HDR.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

Happy Tuesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Getting snow here. Maybe 4 to 8 inches, who knows. Luckily, I can work at home. I am ready for spring. I will get out later to clear the driveway. 

In Pennsylvania we celebrate Fasnacht Day which is a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition. Tradition holds that there was a need to use up the lard, butter, sugar, and eggs before lent as these were typically given up Lent. Less sweet than typical doughnuts, Fasnachts are usually made with mashed potatoes and fried in animal fat. They are square in shape with no hole like a doughnut. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Snow day working from home meme - MemeZila.com

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Happy Fat Tuesday to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Had to go look up Black Love Day and its basic tenets I will celebrate (observance of atonement, reconciliation, celebration) but not Desperation Day!  Had to go look up that one (a day on which singles desperately try to find a Valentine’s Day date) and I do NOT want a date!!  I am not sure I would want a do over in life but it does give reason to pause.  I think I will pass on the meal and drinks; I have been to Abu Dhabi many times while living in Dubai but never from a cruise. Interesting days in history.

ScreenShot2024-02-13at05_17_50.png.c97c60ecfb67434f8cf0ff7dead81a61.png

Another typical winter morning here - 39F on the way up to high 60s.  We dress in layers, slowing removing things throughout the day and putting them back on as the sun goes down.  For those in the path of the Nor'ester, stay safe and warm.  

ScreenShot2024-02-12at06_37_47.thumb.png.040e9a8e83d6727051657bfa867550ae.png

No gym today - in fact, I won't be back until the 3rd week in March.  Nothing planned - sort of - for today - just to straighten the house.  Suitcases are "packed" but not zipped up and that will be done tonight.  Tomorrow will be a whirlwind of activity so "go slow" is on my plate for today.  

ScreenShot2024-02-12at06_35_58.thumb.png.86400d08a860413dbad4913051c0247f.png

Thoughts for the world and cheers for those celebrating.

IMG_4197.thumb.JPG.9b3d214a8225c3da9932f80de32378f6.JPG

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Haha 10

Feb 13

Chicken and corneal dumplings. Another slow cooker recipe but you could do this in the oven too. The reviewers think the recipe is bland so you might want to spice it up.

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/262826/chicken-cornmeal-dumplings/

image.png.6ebbe5f91c0d1b0d1614d9dccbefab99.png

Rachel ray adds tomato and cooks the meal in a Dutch oven. This looks good to me.

https://www.rachelcooks.com/chicken-with-cornmeal-dumplings/

image.thumb.png.d264a3f616466c6c40da5d423fa58638.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

I've been trying to book specialty dinners for my 42 day June cruise on Zuiderdam.  So far they only show the first 3 weeks of the cruise as options.  I was able to book a Canaletto dinner, but Pinnacle Grill just won't work!  I finally figured out when I chose the date I want, HAL has the wrong day of the week shown for that date.  For instance Saturday the 22nd of June is shown as Friday the 22nd of June when you get ready to click on submit.  Nothing happens!  So I will have to call them I guess to make the reservations.  We will also receive two free 5 star Pinnacle dinners but we will book those onboard.  I don't want to pay for them today and then try to get the money back on the ship as compensation.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Happy Mardi Gras to those who celebrate it.  Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Ann, Paul, and Eva.  I think I'll take a pass on the other 2 days. 

Not sure about today's quote.  Two interesting days in British history, although it is interesting that the Bill of Rights may not have given rights to ordinary citizens.

I have not been to Abu Dhabi although close, disembarking Silver Whisper there in 2007 and Queen Elizabeth in 2010.

I'll  pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Strawberry Bisque, Citrus Compote with Honey and Raisins, Veal Medallion with Creamy Porcini Sauce, and Cherry Crisp as served on MS Zaandam February 13, 2012.

A busy week with Pulminologist today, Podiatrist tomorrow, Fire Department photo and church AV rehearsal Thursday, and Drivers License Renewal Friday.

Roy

Roy you might find this interesting.  Last weekend our fire department station nearest our home had a fire!  About 2:50 am they were alerted to smoke in the fire station.  Upon further investigation they found one of the fire trucks engulfed in flames.  They requested help from other stations as they proceeded to fight the fire.  They've asked the State Fire Marshall to join in the investigation of the cause of this fire.  Now they have to replace the fire truck and are coming up with plans for service coverage.  I certainly hope there won't be any delays in case of fire in this area of the district!  Meanwhile, good luck to you with all the appointments this week!

46 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy thank you for taking on the maps. We had quite a storm last night. Lots of thunder and rain. I am sure there was lightning, but I couldn’t see it from where I was sitting. 

Vanessa, thank you for tracking our happenings so well, I am always surprised by something I miss. Praying that next week’s procedure helps you!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores and - drumroll please - today I finish the grout with my bathroom. There are at least 6 high traffic areas where I will have to use an application of paste, but I am astounded at the difference. 

IMG_2481.jpeg.93c6acf9be1c4b5c21ce3001716cc930.jpeg

IMG_2482.jpeg.bfa7a177e594571cb0d9b13b82765122.jpeg

IMG_2579.jpeg.762743a30c1da27ad3390a069f3196dc.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, trauma and debilitating conditions, grieving the loss of a loved one, or dealing with events outside of their control. Sandi, I wish I lived out West. Morgan could stay with me while she searched for her own place. 

Terry, thinking of you & Tana. Pray that her condition improves, so you can relax a bit. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Brewer-Clifton 2021 Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills)

From one of the best Pinot Noir regions in California, this wine has lots of consumer and critic fans! I would need to compare it to my other two favorite PN before I bought it though. It is a bit pricier than both Meoimi and Bueña Vista. Easy to find. Online prices start at $35.99. 

$35.99

Winemaker Notes

This bottling is comprised of 100% estate Pinot Noir from three vineyards within the AVA. 3D, Machado and Hapgood all contribute to the wine which exhibits a drive, richness and pedigree expressive of our special growing area coupled with the purity of fruit and firm structure which have been the trademark of Brewer – Clifton.

• 95Wine Enthusiast
    Even Greg Brewer’s appellation cuvée carries his hallmark, addictive combination of sensory sensations. Light in the glass, it begins with aromas of fresh strawberry, red plum, wild thyme and chaparral spice on the nose. The palate snaps with refreshing acidity, powering through vibrant red fruit, earthy herb and peppery spice flavors. Delicious, fun, memorable. Editors’ Choice
  • 95Jeb Dunnuck
    Leading off the reds, the 2021 Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills offers a pure, complex, intense perfume of ripe raspberries, peppery herbs, exotic flowers, and underbrush. This deep, rich, medium to full-bodied Pinot Noir has a layered mouthfeel, ripe tannins, remarkable purity, and a great, great finish. It will stand up to anything in the vintage and should be snatched up by savvy readers.
  • 93Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2021 Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills, made with an unusually high proportion of whole clusters (90%), has broody scents of dark cherries, blackberries, woodsmoke, underbrush and rooibos tea leaves. The medium-bodied palate is chalky and refreshing with concentrated, spicy flavors and a long, nuanced finish.

• 91Wine Spectator
    Pretty, with high-pitched damson plum and cherry notes infused with rose petal and iris hints. The fresh finish is lined with red tea and sanguine hints. Drink now through 2027.

Ann that is very sweet of you to say about offering Morgan a place to stay while she finds herself a new home.  I'm sure she would love living with you and Bindi!❤️

46 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Greetings from beautiful Punta Gorda 

67 right now with a high of 77 this afternoon 

Interesting collection of days as is the quote

I’m in on the Chicken and Dumplings 

Never been and not interested in visiting the port

Thanks again for the nice birthday wishes yesterday

Have a great day and stay well

Hope you are doing okay with the upcoming move and packing.  What a job that is!!

35 minutes ago, kazu said:

Happy Fat/Shrove/Paczki/Mardi Gras Day - or whatever other one appeals.  Thanks Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Eva & Paul for your dedication.

IMG_2126.jpeg.5b8f6a664d13df1ebc3fa57247b318d6.jpeg

I’m not sure if I agree with the quote.  We learn from our mistakes / errors which helps us grow.  I don’t know if anything needs to be corrected?  it is what it is.  Today’s meal sounds good - as long as someone prepares it for me 😉.  Important days in history today, indeed.

IMG_2131.thumb.jpeg.2b12ceef4e07f6bb6461144ef8d5955c.jpeg

Appointment this morning and I will pick up a few key things needed in case.  I’m not sure what we are getting ‘Nor Easter wise  - one minute we are in the track and the next minute not.  Bottom line - we are in the circled area where they don’t know what will happen. 🤷 I have another appointment tomorrow that is not wise to cancel, so hopefully it will be good enough to get out of here 🤞 Poor Nova Scotia - parts of it are definitely going to really get dumped on - not sure where they will put it with all the snow they already got 😔 

IMG_2135.jpeg.77815e8f746bd87132a334d3e441b17b.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them.  🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂.

IMG_2133.jpeg.aba503ef6573aed606f83478182de431.jpeg

Jacqui, great memes today as usual.  The one with the German Shepherd reminds me of something my DGD Ashley posted over the weekend.  It was her German Shepherd Finn bobbing his head up and down to the beat of an Usher song.  He looked so serious about it too!  Hilarious!  I asked her if Finn liked music a lot, which she answered yes he really did.  However they got him to do that using a treat.  They moved it up and down, over and over again, and he kept his eye on that treat very well!🐕

Praying the weather isn't too, too terrible and you'll be able to get around as needed!  Be careful out there on the ice.🙏

24 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning from HMC.  A beautiful day today with 18 mph winds.  No plans for us today, hopefully enjoying our balcony.  

Thanks for today's Daily and Fleet reports @kazu and for the accompanying maps @rafinmd.   

@JazzyVthank you for maintaining our cares and celebrations reports and I forgot to thank you for doing so on the one year anniversary a few days ago.  Prayers for everyone needing them and the people of Ukraine.  

Our busy day went well yesterday until the very end.  The Mariners reception was well attended and 5 300 day medallions were given out, though actually there were 8 because there were several couples who got them.  Then they recognized the five President's Club members/couple ranging from 1740 days to 2400.  Lots of sparkling wine, mimosas and bloody Marys.  Then a nice lunch in the PG and then off the the premier wine tasting.  Our Sommelier Rodel poured some nice wines that we went through very quickly.  Then he turned to the food pairing with each wine.  I do believe this was the best HA tasting we have done due to the matching of the food component.  

Things went bad at Tamarind. There must have been a private group in the other part because at 5 the place was packed.  John never got his meal or his special order Nami sushi.  I had finished my entree and we left.  We are enjoying the MDR more and more on this cruise.  Have a great day! Nancy 

IMG_20240213_074134589_HDR.jpg

That's terrible service in Tamarind if John didn't even get his meal!  I'm appalled.  I hope someone was notified of this complete lack of service.  I hope things improve there soon, and meanwhile enjoy your day!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Kentucky Mule

The Kentucky Mule is simply a Moscow Mule made with bourbon instead of vodka. Both, along with the Dark 'n Stormy that we had recently, are in the "buck" category: ginger beer, lime, and spirits. Because bourbon contributes a dominant flavor, rather than just alcohol, use a spicy ginger beer. The suggested garnish, a mint sprig, recalls the mint julep, but there is no mint in the cocktail.

Kentucky_Mule_Primary_1500x1500-fc5f7a7edd0e462192251d081f953f89.jpg.a09e5eb8cfb99ede4afa2e72c9b6ce67.jpg

2 ounces bourbon

1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed

Ginger beer, to top

Garnish: mint sprig

Add the bourbon and lime juice to a copper mug or a highball glass. Fill the mug or glass with ice and top with ginger beer. Garnish with a mint sprig.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 15

I don't know what Desperation Day is, but I'm sure someone will clue us in. I like the quote. The meal sounds good, pass on the drink, would try the wine, not been to the port.

TA did not call me back and the hold expires today on the cabin we want, so I'm going to try to do another hold. Why are some holds only 1 day?

Lots of Super Bowl cake pictures posted by CC cruisers - the bakers did a great job, some had intricate embellishments. How nice!

PT and work today; see surgeon tomorrow and hope to learn the plan for my shoulder.

Boss said Friday HR was sending me an invite for a call; it was yesterday at noon for 15 min. Just as I was dialing in, the HR guy canceled the call w/no reason given. He did not reply to my message asking if it would be rescheduled; Boss says he has no idea. So I turned on the TV 📺 & ate a chicken salad sandwich.

Neurologist called yesterday saying they received a referral from my PCP but didn't know why. First appointment is March 8; I took it. Now just need to hear from the eye doctor. 

Finished the meds for sinus infection, but I don't feel any better.

Currently a chilly 34° headed to sunny 64°. No rain in the forecast - maybe the yard can dry out.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

20240213_065444.thumb.jpg.1e4b16f8974b87ab685ecd50d62c5d78.jpg

• Like 28

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Ann that is very sweet of you to say about offering Morgan a place to stay while she finds herself a new home.  I'm sure she would love living with you and Bindi!❤️

Sandi, I have provided a safe place to friends and family members before. I know how important it was to them. I hope Morgan is able to get out of there soon. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Sorry to hear Bar Harbor was deleted. Has anyone heard if all bigger cruise ships will be turned away from Bar Harbor?

Bar Harbor was replaced with Portland on my Canada New England cruise last Sept. I wonder if it's still being put on itineraries on the chance they are allowed in? It's disappointing when it gets removed, even though Portland is nice.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Denise T said:

...Less sweet than typical doughnuts, Fasnachts are usually made with mashed potatoes and fried in animal fat. They are square in shape with no hole like a doughnut.

I was not familiar with Fasnacht Day, so thanks for the info. Being square, they sound like a variation of a beignet.

• Like 11