Oasis Abyss slide - fun or scary?

Yes, I've watched the videos, doesn't really answer my question. Are they fun? Is it something you do one time and been there done it or something you do multiple times? Is it scary? And the water slides on Oasis?

fun. It was a little scarier on Harmony according to my DH. Our kid enjoyed both, but thought Harmony's was a little more fun. I did the one on Oasis once - it was ok, but I am not a fan.

DS does not like water slides. DS would have liked to use a water slide on Harmony, but they prohibited him from using goggles. He absolutely hates water in his eyes now, so using goggles was a must. But all the other kids had a blast.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 2/25/2024 at 2:17 PM, BirdTravels said:

Even though we are older (o.k. we are old), we thought the Abyss (on multiple ships) was fun. 

And I second that you need to make sure to keep those elbows tucked in. 

Ha Ha --we are likely in your same age bracket. DH and I both enjoyed it on the Harmony.  We rode it a few times.   

I only did it once on Oasis, but found it really slow- maybe I didn't lean back and tuck the elbows as much as I should have, but I found it fun... just pretty slow.  I think on Utopia they are adding rollers or something to keep you moving...and some see through panels in the slide. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I only did it once on Oasis, but found it really slow- maybe I didn't lean back and tuck the elbows as much as I should have, but I found it fun... just pretty slow.  I think on Utopia they are adding rollers or something to keep you moving...and some see through panels in the slide. 

Agreed. Promises a lot but found it slow/

• Like 1

As other said tuck in those elbows or you could suffer from a rash burn, like a carpet burn.

I will add that you probably don't want to do it right after lunch, if you have a queasy tummy.

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Gritty, you fit in the tube?  I'm amazed at what you can do.😉

• Haha 1

Both?

So much fun!  Tried it on Symphony and loved it.  Went with my kids a bunch of times.  Unfortunately because of health issues I am going to avoid it going forward, but would go again if I could.

As for scary, the unknown can be scary.  So the first time for me, for those first few seconds were scary, but then easy peasy.  

FUN - It took me several years to give it a try. Now, I think it is fun  and try it  every cruise.  I do the on-board zip line as well.  BTW - I was clearly the oldest person in line.   I won't tell you my age except to say that I had an 8-track player in my car when I was in high school.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Haha 1

It's not near as fast as. you might think.  I will do it a few time over the course of a cruise.  Kids will do it a lot more.  Same thing for the zip line.  I'll do it a time or two and then that's it.  

I did it 7 times, my niece 17 times, and each of my parents did it once. It's now our favorite way to christen Oasis class ships. It's not scary, it's quite fun! There's all sorts of lights going off so you get a light show!

They give you a toboggan to ride in, which slows you down. Keep your elbows in and chin down. Hang onto the strap on the toboggan and you'll be fine.

Edited by broadwaybaby123