RMLincoln’s SIL in Rehab hospital, getting radiation treatments

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Spring!

YourWorldWithBill Welcome to the Daily!

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye pressure more stable

StLouisCruisers’ DGD Morgan being happier since she moved

SusieKIslandGirl in Hawaii

57redbird in Maui

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy discharged to home!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Lazey1 (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Mar 30) 7d Mexico

4 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal

5 days for RedneckBob (Nieuw Statendam Mar 24 to Mar 31) 7d E. Caribbean

Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Mar 23) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas, with her sister, USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Crazy For Cats (Eurodam to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, Scrapnana (Rotterdam to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, RedneckBob (Celebrity Reflection to March 24) 8d E. Caribbean, then (Nieuw Statendam March 24 to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief(Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Thank you for today's lists Vanessa @JazzyV.

Pauline and Sarah are angry but not sad any longer.

Sarah's mam had her dad's obituary published in the city newspaper and mentioned a friend but did not mention their daughter.

Cruel beyond belief.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12

Good morning, everyone!

No snow overnight, but we could get flurries here in mid-Michigan.  No forecast for measurable snow, so I'll rejoice in that. We do have a chance of that on Friday.  We all filled out our NCAA brackets and delivered them to DB Jeff.  Even our friend Ellamary filled out a bracket.  No PT today as it conflicted with our pedicures this afternoon.  Priorities!  So, I will go to the gym this morning.  

@StLouisCruisers No problem with the carrots unless they are cooked.  I do eat them raw.  I eat celery raw, but don't like it cooked.  I like celery in things for flavor.  I know I am weird.  

The meal for today sounds good, but I am with Roy and would skip the polenta part.  You can have it over pasta or for those of us watching carbs, spaghetti squash.  There was a lot of prep work on top of the stove, so one commenter said they should have just finished it stove top.  That is always a choice, but make time for the flavors to blend.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/269819/slow-cooker-chicken-cacciatore-with-polenta/

chickencacciatore1.png.5d468dba3c7de23a0c15c3d406b13ce1.png

This next one doesn't come with the polenta part, but you could easily add that in if you want.  I think the addition of balsamic vinegar is interesting and would help with the depth of flavor.  https://www.wellplated.com/slow-cooker-chicken-cacciatore/

chickencacciatore2.thumb.jpg.61285b4dd73f2353471cc7d4c7d0cef8.jpg

This last recipe is a simplified one and should go together quickly!  https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-chicken-cacciatore/

chickencacciatore3.thumb.png.ef086f577e9776fdeb30ea00559d3b56.png

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 16

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Happy first day of spring, even if we only get an hour of it today.  It's 31 with a freeze warning!  (but it is sunny).

chat.jpg?w=768

Trying to inhale my little sausage biscuit.  Have to walk the dog early, because we have a dr's appt north of the city at 10 am.  Actually its the dentist.  I have a cleaning and DH wants to talk to him about all the chips of bone  or tooth that keep coming through his gums. He had the teeth removed from the side of his mouth before he started radiation treatment. 

We finished watching Tutankhamon and then last night we sat down to watch more Sam Neill in Apples Dont Fall, and even though we are not done, we stayed up until midnight.  DH set the alarm for 7, but forgot to turn it on, however 3 barfing cats on the bed at 7:02 worked much better than the alarm.

Have a great day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

Thank you Jacqui for posting today’s FR & D. Roy, thank you posting the maps!

Vanessa, praying that the pain and numbness leave for good and you start getting lots of good nights sleeps. Thanking for keeping up with all of us. 

Yesterday was wild - weather wise and event wise. Big T-storms in the morning and my Sister got her projected discharge date! This Saturday the 23rd she might go home! She will still have lots of work to do at home. We are all hoping she will do it. And we all fear she won’t. she has been given a list of Home Health services, but not sure what they cover. I will be asking the case manager for more info. 

Brayden and I will attend a meeting on Thursday with the PT & OT to see what her current capabilities are. This has been hard on all of us, I admire all of you who have been dealing with worse situations for years. 

Prayers for all who need our support. 
Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Saints Hills 2021 Le Chiffre Chardonnay (Istria)

Lots of consumer fans and a decent number of distributors, but a bit outside of my budget to tempt me. I admit to being more of a fan of white blends. Online prices start at $55.99

Winemaker Notes

This Chardonnay is clear and golden yellow in color. It is intense and complex on the nose with notes of tropical fruit, pineapple, mango, green apple, and a buttery vanilla finish. It is mineral and fresh with secondary aromas of honey and nuts. The palate reflects these same tropical fruit flavors as well as poached pear and baked apple. Medium-bodied with a long finish.

Professional Ratings

• 94Wine Enthusiast
    Straw colored in the glass, this wine has a bouquet of nectarine, lemon zest and almond blossom. It is full in the mouth, with bold acidity and flavors of pineapple, lemon tart, vanilla and peach. A bright note of grapefruit washes over the finish.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 14

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 25

Posted (edited)

@Haljo1935  Full retirement age is the year that you reach age 70.   I had filed for SS early but when my DDDH passed away a wonderful agent at the Towson, MD SS office said if I repaid all I had received I could take his payment and I could wait until age 70.  It was a big help.  I say she was wonderful because she took her job seriously.  I had help from another guy in the Philadelphia office to help me get my pay back check entered in before the year end so I didn't have to pay taxes on it.  

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 7

Good morning everyone!  I will celebrate nurses today.  I see so many in my Dermatologist's office lately.   A good quote today from Oscar Wilde.    I will pass on another slow cooker dish, would enjoy an LI Ice Tea on a BHB and the wine sounds wonderful too.  Thanks for the Daily reports and maps each day Jacqui and Roy.  

Thanks for the cares and celebrations lists Vanessa.  I am so sorry to read that your leg pain is returning.  @Haljo1935 I am sorry that you are having such a hard time getting the care you need and will have to live with a numb foot.  Prayers for the people in war zones, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza and the citizens of Haiti.   

@StLouisCruisers  thanks for brightening our first day of spring with your DD's lovely Easter/Spring tree.  It is lovely.  

I am going to do a new outline for the powerpoint for the April class as it is changed, then send it off to the lady running the school.  Then more cleaning of the office and dinner out somewhere near home.   Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sarah's mam had her dad's obituary published in the city newspaper and mentioned a friend but did not mention their daughter.

Cruel beyond belief.

Oh goodness - that is horrible. I know you will give both "your girls" extra hugs. I hope Sarah has the strength to push out this ugly pettiness and some good memories to fill the space.

Hugs and prayers to you in this difficult time. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Happy first day of spring!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I have been a certified nurse in various sub-specialties throughout my career so, of course, I will definitely celebrate this day!  I did have international clients when working overseas and today, I will be reading to the class part of Chapter 2 of the Wizard of Oz.  Funny quote, the meal sounds delicious, yes on the drink (yum), no on the wine, and I have been to Colombo, Sri Lanka on my way to the southern part of the island but not on a cruise.  Interesting days in history.

It should be a nice day today as presently it is 45F and will get to low 70s.  I love AZ during this time of the year.  Busy day yesterday but my last period was a planning period so I was out of there by 1400.  Headed out to get my mani/pedi since it has been almost 5 weeks since the last one.  Still unpacking and doing wash; who knows when that will be done.  This morning I am off to check in for a study I am in, then off to sub, then PT in the evening.  Another day of rushing around!  We could see the Space X launch last night.  I didn't get a pic but the news here did:

IMG_7669.thumb.JPG.f81f2c678e88a3dfab61031696c172a1.JPG

Thoughts for all on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@Haljo1935  Full retirement age is the year that you reach age 70.   I had filed for SS early but when my DDDH passed away a wonderful agent at the Towson, MD SS office said if I repaid all I had received I could take his payment and I could wait until age 70.  It was a big help.  I say she was wonderful because she took her job seriously.  I had help from another guy in the Philadelphia office to help me get my pay back check entered in before the year end so I didn't have to pay taxes on it.  

Yes I think it may be 70 for full retirement (being based on the year you were born) but if you delay beyond that, you can receive over 100%. That is the date I was targeting. 

Happy to hear you got a good SS worker - it sure is not an easy process to navigate.

• Like 17

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Cruel beyond belief.

I am so happy that Sarah has Pauline & you.

People like her Mom must be very unhappy people to treat others that way. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am so happy that Sarah has Pauline & you.

People like her Mom must be very unhappy people to treat others that way. 

Thank you.

Our condolences card was pushed back through our letterbox with nasty comments written on it by Sarah's mam.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Chilly morning, not feeling like spring like it did last week, gray again. 
Both DGDs are CNAs🎉

Ann, I hope your sister’s situation stabilizes. She’s so fortunate to have your support!  This is why we moved closer to family. Someday there will be only one of us and we’ll need their oversight. Or sooner we might both need it.  But remember, we can’t help people more than they want to be helped. Your sister will choose her path. And you will do what you can to walk beside her. You’ve made Amazing progress!  

Yesterday’s mammo was the easiest I think I’ve ever had!  I hope I don’t need a callback. 

Thoughts for @Sharon in AZ on your DM…. when my DD DM was getting forgetful and worse (depressed, lonely, combative…) I got her a journal. Pen and paper were familiar tools. She wrote down when we called, when we visited, when she did activities. At night when she’d get so blue and sad or worse she could read her notes and see that she wasn’t forgotten even if she didn’t really remember the events. It didn’t solve all her problems or mine but it did help for a few years. It’s a tough segment of life for you both. Try to flow above the frustrations and redirect both her and you to living in the moment, hard as that is!  I do regret some of the battles we got into especially early in her dementia when I had a lot to learn, but I did the best I could at the time. And our relationship wasn’t too good from way back so we only had so much to work with. Take care of yourself and that includes getting support for yourself. 

@Haljo1935 I’m sad to hear that you are in such a quandary. I have dealt with neuropathy issues, and doctors can only go do much, and then there was the spine surgeon who had something like a 10 year plan of fusions and desires for a lot more wealth!  But everybody’s path is different so I can’t say what you should or shouldn’t do…. but because you asked, here’s my story. My path took 18 months and my healing needed work I had to do on multiple levels- physical/mechanical was PT and traction; chemical was anti-inflammants, a couple of steroid 6-day packs, and nutritional supplements that a kinesiologist prescribed (I went way out of my comfort zone to try new ways because the old ways weren’t working).  Psychological work brought me to Mind-Body connections (look up John Sarno MD, a back doctor) and I learned that if I could own up to having a part in my situation, I was empowered to own some of the solution too.  I started saying affirmations to shift my thinking, which really needed a shift!  I employed spiritual focus within my belief framework, and beyond by learning about energy-flow methods like acupuncture/acupressure and others my massage therapist recommended.  I used chiropractic too which may be part physical and part energy healing. Traction was an offshoot of the PT and I did it twice a day for 18 months- at home, in our trailer, on cruises, hotels, retreats…. every day!  Basically, I took charge like a general contractor and employed others for their expertise. It was a zigzag path, not everything I tried helped. And not everything was covered by insurance. But first I stopped digging the hole I was in. Maybe you need a break from work for a couple of weeks?  To get off the merry go round that is making you crazy. 🙏sending you prayers for guidance and hope. 

And Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort, hope, direction, relief, near and far. 
Smooth travels to all away!  Including DGD and her DH flying out today. 
Cheers to those celebrating and cruising! 🎉

Life is good🌈 appreciate something about yourself today!  
Maureen 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  A huge shout out to all nurses - you are amazing people.  I guess you could say I've had international "clients" in my courtroom . . . .   DH enjoys it when I read news stories to him that I think we'll both find interesting.  He tends to read only the scientific or international news, while I read the paper from front to back and fill him in on things he's missed locally.

Happy Spring!?!  I know time is passing quickly, but to lose 2 whole days in a lifetime is getting serious.  We used to celebrate spring on March 21st, not the evening of the 19th.  I guess we can chalk it up to science, I don't know.  All I do know is we've still got glaciers in abundance in the front, side and back yards, and it looks like they'll be there for a while, since our temperatures are still in the mid minus teens.

@grapau27how unbelievably cruel Sarah's mother is; I'm so glad Sarah has you and Pauline in her life to be her surrogate parents.  

This morning we're heading off to the Salvation Army where we'll drop off a couple of bags of clothing and household goods.  I went through a closet a week ago and found more clothing that I haven't worn in ages, so decided it was time to let someone else get use from them.  I know when we get new immigrants to the city that the Salvation Army thrift shop opens it's doors so they can come in and pick out whatever they think they'll need without charge.  I'm more than happy to donate to a group like that than one who simply profits from donations.

I'm thinking the drink of the day is a powerful one - we've had a few of those lately - so I'd either order one on a BHB or when I'm not having to drive after consuming it.  I'll pass on the wine, and would like the menu suggestion, minus the polenta.  It is taco Tuesday, so I've got some ground beef thawing that will be made into tacos and served along with crudites at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Cheers to all who have celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

My understanding and experience with SSA is that Full Retirement Age depends on your birth year but it’s around 66-67 give or take a few months for most of us now. If you take benefits between 62 and your FRA, your monthly amount is reduced from the FRA amount. If you delay taking your benefits beyond your FRA, your benefit amount grows by 8%annually until you reach age 70 when it no longer grows. The SSA.gov website is pretty good IMO for finding info and estimating benefits. m—

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone.  It’s cold and sunny here, winter is keeping a firm grasp on us today until spring takes over this evening.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  I will celebrate certified nurses and reading to children.  I find today’s quote funny as well.  Think I’ll pass on the meal suggestion but one of today’s drinks is welcome when I’m on vacation.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  A huge shout out to all nurses - you are amazing people.  I guess you could say I've had international "clients" in my courtroom . . . .   DH enjoys it when I read news stories to him that I think we'll both find interesting.  He tends to read only the scientific or international news, while I read the paper from front to back and fill him in on things he's missed locally.

Happy Spring!?!  I know time is passing quickly, but to lose 2 whole days in a lifetime is getting serious.  We used to celebrate spring on March 21st, not the evening of the 19th.  I guess we can chalk it up to science, I don't know.  All I do know is we've still got glaciers in abundance in the front, side and back yards, and it looks like they'll be there for a while, since our temperatures are still in the mid minus teens.

@grapau27how unbelievably cruel Sarah's mother is; I'm so glad Sarah has you and Pauline in her life to be her surrogate parents.  

This morning we're heading off to the Salvation Army where we'll drop off a couple of bags of clothing and household goods.  I went through a closet a week ago and found more clothing that I haven't worn in ages, so decided it was time to let someone else get use from them.  I know when we get new immigrants to the city that the Salvation Army thrift shop opens it's doors so they can come in and pick out whatever they think they'll need without charge.  I'm more than happy to donate to a group like that than one who simply profits from donations.

I'm thinking the drink of the day is a powerful one - we've had a few of those lately - so I'd either order one on a BHB or when I'm not having to drive after consuming it.  I'll pass on the wine, and would like the menu suggestion, minus the polenta.  It is taco Tuesday, so I've got some ground beef thawing that will be made into tacos and served along with crudites at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Cheers to all who have celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Thank you Gerry.

Over the years their appalling behaviour has caused Sarah to have a number of Epileptic fits.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Good Tuesday morning and thanks Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann & Debbie for your ongoing dedication 👍 

Quick post - in the midst of appointments and just waiting.  Spring?  sorry, I thought spring arrived tomorrow.  I guess the leap year threw things off?  spring officially arrives here in a couple of hours but someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that.  Frost and snow flurries greeted us this morning.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers that’s another beautiful tree by your DD 👍 

@Haljo1935 I am so sorry you are going through so much difficulty right now.  I pray that the doctors can help a bit 🙏. I hope the info on retirement helps - sorry I can’t help - things are very different here in Canada.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Happy first day of spring, even if we only get an hour of it today.  It's 31 with a freeze warning!  (but it is sunny).

chat.jpg?w=768

That meme is so good and so accurate!

Best wishes for you both at the dentist.  I hope your DH’s issue can be resolved easily 🤞

@cat shepard that’s good news on your DS being discharged.  I am sorry it presents a whole new list of challenges for you 😢. Hopefully your meeting on Thursday will be helpful 🤞 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health issues, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 32F and it will be a sunny day with a high of 60.  Spring begins at 11:06 pm tonight.  DD took down the St. Patrick's Day tree and put up the Easter/Spring tree.  I'll post photos at the end of this post.🐰

Thanks go to Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for today's Daily and Fleet Report as well as the maps. I recognize the good work of certified nurses, international clients who help make our businesses a success and would love to have someone read to me.  Another twisted Oscar Wilde quote.  I'm sure someone will enjoy the chicken dish with polenta. Long Island Iced Teas are pretty potent aren't they?  Not a fan of chardonnay unfortunately. Good info on the days in history.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the great reporting each day.

Prayers for our Care list people and I do like to mention you all by name.  Also for the people at war in Israel and Ukraine, and their hostages still held, plus for the safety of our troops in the region.  And certainly for DB, great nephew Alex's twin boys, my friends Scott and Susan, and for Bob's widow Sandy.  She is struggling with all the paper work for pension problems and the life insurance people.  They all just want you to get frustrated and go away, don't they?  So many prayers and I hope for improvement in all situations!🙏

Cheers to our folks celebrating happy events like birthdays 🎂 and anniversaries and to all who are cruising or preparing to. 🚢 Enjoy!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration list keeping.  Wonderful job every day.  I hope your pain issues can be addressed again before things get too bad.

The port of the day is Colombo, Sri Lanka.  It was our port before on June 19, 2022.  I have missed that port before due to various reasons, Covid cancellation being one of them.  Here is the link for your convenience in retrieving your photos.  Thanks in advance!

This morning we have our roofer coming over once the frost on the roof is gone to replace the boots around the vent pipes up there.  Apparently they don't last forever so best to get that done before total failure.  I hope you all have a successful day.  Stay safe and keep well.  

Here's the latest celebration tree.  Sorry Debbie about the carrots!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Beautiful. Irish Jim.

• Like 11

Just now, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27 I'm so sorry for what Sarah has to go through, I'm glad she has you and Pauline in her life.

Thank you Melanie.

We have lived next door to her parents for over 42 years so Sarah spent most of her time before she bought her own place in our house.

Sarah is beautiful and a lovely kind person and her mother has always been incredibly jealous of her.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, Dailyites!  Interesting news today.  Is it really the Spring equinox today?  I thought it was in a couple of days.  When we were out yesterday, I noticed that the Japanese cherries in the shopping centre parking lot were blooming.  I think they are not usually in flower until well into April.  I picked up my new glasses from DS yesterday, they are much stronger than my old ones, and my eyes are tiring quickly.  Also the bifocal seems to be in a different spot and my eyes are going to have to learn where to look!   DS is ordering me a pair of cheapie readers, too, to have with me as backup.  It is nice having an optician in the family.

IMG_4639.thumb.jpeg.b8d955a33b1c06c633832572d3b28c32.jpeg

I'll be saying my prayers today for all the Dailyites  with troubles.  We are waiting to hear what the surgeon has to say about DD's shoulder tomorrow.    

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4