The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 30th, 2024

kazu

49 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The second day we were in Rio, we took a tour to see the Christ the Redeemer.  The tour also included riding the tram up and back down, and a stop at Copacabana Beach.

Not only were there crowds looking at the statue, but there were crowds waiting to board the trams.  While we waited, we had a chance to tour their workshop and displays.

DSC02467.thumb.JPG.75f6cbef253337b7593254ec43c19698.JPG

DSC02469.thumb.JPG.48acde1351163d9b5fefafc9360fcf23.JPG

DSC02470.thumb.JPG.309958832c398ae96cbdaac5afebe533.JPG

DSC02471.thumb.JPG.c1e1977d5bf97a5189bd9c33108b145c.JPG

A vintage tram car

DSC02473.thumb.JPG.9f5cff4b8d1833278c234b72845c440f.JPG

Scenes on the way up the mountain.

DSC02475.thumb.JPG.56574a18b3a86024f95bc75942f24f9c.JPG

DSC02477.thumb.JPG.984bcb88aa0a3c86e862955b941940e4.JPG

DSC02478.thumb.JPG.59941bc33e87e14a7200a434f67a1533.JPG

Christ the Redeemer with most of the crowd on the stairs omitted.

DSC02487.thumb.JPG.efa5c03e88aebee54e871decf428c6e1.JPG

We also had a cloudy day.  Rio looking down from the mountain.

DSC02489.thumb.JPG.80b7212f5d7b20a4bbadcadaa5626acf.JPG

DSC02482.thumb.JPG.18a067aafee212c882e0fc4ffa0fdd09.JPG

Looking up as we descended the mountain

DSC02501.thumb.JPG.d0e62b633b8f64043680b63fbb2c507c.JPG

The area outside the tram station as we waited for our bus.

DSC02503.thumb.JPG.95ded221ffa3faee09879cf4ebf43aa7.JPG

Copacabana Beach on a windy day.

DSC02504.thumb.JPG.4d5138eb2fd5523a3390d4c59ea2c973.JPG

DSC02506.thumb.JPG.7e82a098204f64a9d1a60197f39b595f.JPG

DSC02508.thumb.JPG.41b8b3127a01d28a145081e747d3ca3d.JPG

That afternoon, we took the H. Stern shuttle into town, and walked around the area a little.  We stopped in a grocery store to pick up something, and wound up talking to a nice lady in line.  She even guided us to the senior line so we'd get the senior discount.  In the entrance to H. Stern we saw this display of Carnival costumes.

DSC02510.thumb.JPG.57cf945d88a81a2feeed29f24080bd5e.JPG

We also saw some of the floats from various parades parked along the streets near the dock, but we were unable to get pictures from the bus.

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, 

The sun is out and we're supposed to get close to 60F today which is quite nice for my neck of the woods. 

I'll gladly salute doctors and add in Physician's Assistants as our two are wet kept my DH going for close to 10 years which was precious time for us. I'm going through that "last" part now. He left the house for the last time on the 28th but today marks the 1 year anniversary when he got out of ICU and onto the Intermediate Care Unit so progress was made. He was one tough guy and I miss him. 

Today is making lasagna day. I have the meat done up so today is making the noodles and putting the lasagna together so it can "marinate" to bake tomorrow. We'll have a loaf of French bread made into cheesy bread to compliment the meal. There will be at least 3 of us and maybe my lady who comes for her and her husband will join us. 

Have a lovely Saturday!

Karen

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

...Allen's Jardiance was finally approved. Express Scripts wanted a doctor's signature acknowledging the possible negative effects of the drug. 

Happy to hear the Jardiance was finally approved. DH cardiologist added it to his regime a few months ago and all has been good until this month when it was denied. Wonder if that's why?

Isn't Dr signature on the Rx his acknowledgement?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I will salute most doctors and Earth Hour/Day. I always fold laundry as soon as the dryer stops, in order to minimize any wrinkles. I'm not sure what to make of the quote, but it is from Oscar Wilde, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Rio. A good deal was had on buying Alaska.

It's cloudy and gloomy looking here, 48F. Rain almost all of next week. I slept a couple of hours, then a couple more later this morning (I had taken benadryl for my injection). Mornings seem to be the worst. Once I get out of bed, I have lots of leg pain, so I've been staying in bed until quite late. It eases up a bit later in the day. I am so tired of not being able to do anything. Sorry to whine.

@ocean sounds Bon Voyage!

@Suslor Happy Birthday! Welcome home.

@cruzn single Happy Birthday!

@USN59-79 Happy 61st Anniversary to you and Sara!

@lazey1 Welcome home!

@summer slope I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I hope DH's bruise isn't too painful.

@aliaschief Thanks for the great photos from Angkor Wat. 

@Denise T I hope Chase doesn't require any more treatment for the sarcoma and that it doesn't come back.

@StLouisCruisers Lovely Rio photos. I'd like to get to see the Christ the Redeemer statue one day.

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad Allen got his prescription approved. And good news that Oliver seems ok. 

@ger_77 Ollie is lucky to have you in her life. I hope Gord is able to be extubated soon.

@ottahand7 Thanks for sharing the Rio photos.

@Nickelpenny I can sympathize with you about your cold; feel better soon! Good news about the cruise. What procedure are you having done, if you don't mind sharing? Nice photo from Angkor Wat.

@RMLincoln Sorry to hear that DSIL was transferred back to the hospital; I hope it's nothing too serious. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Petropolis and Rio.

@luvteaching Hugs. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Good morning and Happy Saturday from a cloudy Tucson. It’s supposed to be windy, I’m sure because of the storm coming. Our temps will drop tomorrow and rain is expected. We are going over to DM’s tomorrow for Easter lunch, sometimes it’s really good and sometimes it’s just okay. 

Lots of celebrating today for many Dailyites.
Bon Voyage @ocean sounds! Welcome home @Suslor & @lazey1!

Happy Anniversary @USN59-79!

Happy Birthday @Suslor& @cruzn single!

Craig is on his way to the grocery store so I need to get busy with the list. Bye for now!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, summer slope said:

No new aches today.  Hopefull the bruises will disappear soon.

So glad you have no new aches this morning, Dixie  👍. I hope you are ache free very soon 🙏 

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Photos from Rio de Janeiro

We stayed at the Sheraton in 2012 and this was a view from the hotel of the beaches.

We stayed there too, Sandi.  I thought it would be a good move since it was a HAL hotel.  What a schnozzle. On the bright side, South America was my first serious foray into private tours and we were so glad we did one in Rio.  

Your pics are great.  Mine are before the time of transferring to a PC, IPad, etc., sadly.

@Denise T so sorry to hear about Chase’s biopsy. 😔   I pray they got it all and all will be well 🙏 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Thank you for your prayers and concern for our friend Gord; at this time he's stable, in an induced coma and on a ventilator.  The doctors said yesterday they may try to reduce the sedation to see how his body tolerates it, and if all goes well, may extubate him tomorrow. 

Oh my, Gerry!  My prayers continue for Gord 🙏. Scary!

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@kazuI hope the stress of finding a dog sitter for Ivan is quickly brought to a close so you can relax again and look forward to your cruise.

Thanks, Gerry - I’ve been in real slow motion today - it seems things are taking longer to get done 😔  I think the worry has worn me down.  I do have another option and then  have to upset some when I say no thanks once I will figure it out (already saw one reaction today).

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I now have no job, and have no idea for how long, as the other boss said he was meeting with the customer, but we have not heard anything about coming back to work.  Oh well, the Lord always has a plan. 

Yikes Annie - I am so sorry to hear this 😔 

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I need to go up to dollar tree to pick up a few Easter items (milk chocolate) for my neighbor who will be with us on Easter for BBQ..

How so very nice of you to host your neighbour 👍 

5 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

I contacted the surgery scheduler and decided it will happen May 13th.  That fits into my schedule so it should be fine.  

I am so glad you have it set up.  I pray all goes well and you can hold out until then 🙏 

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Niece texted late last night that her mom was transferred to hospital. Apparently something went terribly wrong with her care at the rehab facility. I’ll try to call my brother today. I don’t press him for info, mostly ask how he’s managing and if there’s something we can do. It’s a difficult time and a difficult relationship. Thank you for your positive thoughts, that is the best!  

Oh no!  My prayers for your sister, you and your family 🙏 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@Nickelpenny I can sympathize with you about your cold; feel better soon! Good news about the cruise. What procedure are you having done, if you don't mind sharing? Nice photo from Angkor Wat.

The diagnosis is L2-L3 spinal canal stenosis with the procedure of L2-L3 decompression.  The technical term is Laminectomy with decompression of nerve roots including partial facetectomy. foraminotomy and excision of herniated intervertebral lumbar disc.  🥴

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

The diagnosis is L2-L3 spinal canal stenosis with the procedure of L2-L3 decompression.  The technical term is Laminectomy with decompression of nerve roots including partial facetectomy. foraminotomy and excision of herniated intervertebral lumbar disc.  🥴

Lots going on there. Prayers for a successful surgery and elimination of your symptoms.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  The house is clean, the first load of towels dried quickly with our high winds and are ready to be folded.  The second load of towels is on the line, and some were already dry by the time I got the last ones hung up.  They should be dry by the time I finish here and get the first load folded.  Once that is done, we'll start getting outside things done in case the rain lasts into tomorrow.

@lazey1  Welcome home, Jane.  I hope you are rested and relaxed after a wonderful cruise.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

Thank you. Graham.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I will salute most doctors and Earth Hour/Day. I always fold laundry as soon as the dryer stops, in order to minimize any wrinkles. I'm not sure what to make of the quote, but it is from Oscar Wilde, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Rio. A good deal was had on buying Alaska.

It's cloudy and gloomy looking here, 48F. Rain almost all of next week. I slept a couple of hours, then a couple more later this morning (I had taken benadryl for my injection). Mornings seem to be the worst. Once I get out of bed, I have lots of leg pain, so I've been staying in bed until quite late. It eases up a bit later in the day. I am so tired of not being able to do anything. Sorry to whine.

@ocean sounds Bon Voyage!

@Suslor Happy Birthday! Welcome home.

@cruzn single Happy Birthday!

@USN59-79 Happy 61st Anniversary to you and Sara!

@lazey1 Welcome home!

@summer slope I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I hope DH's bruise isn't too painful.

@aliaschief Thanks for the great photos from Angkor Wat. 

@Denise T I hope Chase doesn't require any more treatment for the sarcoma and that it doesn't come back.

@StLouisCruisers Lovely Rio photos. I'd like to get to see the Christ the Redeemer statue one day.

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad Allen got his prescription approved. And good news that Oliver seems ok. 

@ger_77 Ollie is lucky to have you in her life. I hope Gord is able to be extubated soon.

@ottahand7 Thanks for sharing the Rio photos.

@RMLincoln Sorry to hear that DSIL was transferred back to the hospital; I hope it's nothing too serious. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Petropolis and Rio.

@luvteaching Hugs. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, you have every right to whine after all the pain you've endured for so many months.  Thank you for the nice comments about my pictures.

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, the first group of your photos featured a large white historic building.  That was to be out tour until it got cancelled.  Thanks for your photos!  

Nancy, the big white building is Palacio Quitandinha which is a hotel that was built in 1941.  Part of it are apartments that are individually owned.  We did not stop at the hotel.

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Saturday from a cloudy Tucson. It’s supposed to be windy, I’m sure because of the storm coming. Our temps will drop tomorrow and rain is expected. We are going over to DM’s tomorrow for Easter lunch, sometimes it’s really good and sometimes it’s just okay. 

Lots of celebrating today for many Dailyites.
Bon Voyage @ocean sounds! Welcome home @Suslor & @lazey1!

Happy Anniversary @USN59-79!

Happy Birthday @Suslor& @cruzn single!

Craig is on his way to the grocery store so I need to get busy with the list. Bye for now!

Sharon, I know you'll enjoy your visit with your DM, and I hope tomorrow is one of the days with really good food.

15 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Pennie, I hope your surgery is successful in relieving your pain.  DH had a laminectomy at L4-L3 with fusion.  He has not had any leg or hip pain since.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2