The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 30th, 2024

14 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Oh no!  I hope the missing zebra is found soon.  Definitely there are cougars and bears in that area. 

Not too long ago, police horses made a break for it on I-90 in Cleveland, unfortunately heading in the opposite direction to traffic. But they were domesticated, trained horses, and they just went back to their stable. A while ago on a show on Animal Planet, an equine veterinarian was called to treat a zebra, and compared it to treating a wild horse.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

If you were a White Sox fan you would know how I feel, at the pace they are on they are going to wind having the worst record in modern day Major League Baseball history, the 1962 NY Mets right now have that distinction finishing with a record of 40-120.

I am a life-long Red Sox fan. I know how you feel. But I experienced a miracle in 2004. I know there has to be one in your future. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am a life-long Red Sox fan. I know how you feel. But I experienced a miracle in 2004. I know there has to be one in your future. 

We won it all in 2005, I remember beating your guys I the first round of the playoffs 3 games to none, in fact we went 11-1 in the postseason which tied the Yankees with the best postseason record ever, we beat the Angels 4-1 and then swept the Astros for the World Series Championship.

• Like 4

Well, hello everyone.

After a day and a half of no TV, no internet, and no phone, I am back up and running.

I had a visit from Hargray and new equipment installed.  I am back up and running.

Didn’t mean not to post, but just got on line.

Hope everyone is well.  

I will read all the posts and hopefully had time to post later.

Time to make dinner.

Terri

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

It was fairly easy to use DH's scooter in the Alaskan ports. At least compared with some of the Caribbean ports.

Oh that’s good to hear, watching tge web cam today for Juneau.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning,

Wow, it's been about 3 weeks since Dad died and it feels like 3 months, it's just been nonstop tasks.  The wake/funeral took a week to get setup and organized and that took place a week ago today, and then I had to get started on estate matters. The wake/funeral went well, it wasn't easy doing open casket everything, but Dad's church insisted on it as part of their orthodox tradition and there was no option to deviate.  Washington State doesn't really give you very long to start probate, so I had to find an attorney right on the heels of the funeral.  And this week I had to get started

7 hours ago, atexsix said:

Dying is a giant pain in the butt if you ask me!  I've barely had time to mourn the actual loss.  

At first the idea of being on a cruise without Dad was unthinkable. But now, after the above stress, the idea of doing something is gaining in appeal, and it doesn't even need to be on a ship,

~Bruno

Dying is a giant pain in the butt if you ask me!  I've barely had time to mourn the actual loss.  

At first the idea of being on a cruise without Dad was unthinkable. 

Bruno, @atexsix I feel your pain. My mom died at 98 last April after living though covid with us. Five days later my daughter got married. The balance of strong emotions felt just right. zone event helped with the other, and made things seem natural. Go to Hawaii, walk on the beach, and enjoy your memories.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning,

Wow, it's been about 3 weeks since Dad died and it feels like 3 months, it's just been nonstop tasks.  The wake/funeral took a week to get setup and organized and that took place a week ago today, and then I had to get started on estate matters. The wake/funeral went well, it wasn't easy doing open casket everything, but Dad's church insisted on it as part of their orthodox tradition and there was no option to deviate.  Washington State doesn't really give you very long to start probate, so I had to find an attorney right on the heels of the funeral.  And this week I had to get started on banking matters now that I have the death certificates.  Dying is a giant pain in the butt if you ask me!  I've barely had time to mourn the actual loss.  

At first the idea of being on a cruise without Dad was unthinkable. But now, after the above stress, the idea of doing something is gaining in appeal, and it doesn't even need to be on a ship, even a week in Hawaii sounds delightful, anything to forget about the real world for awhile. Of course not everything has been a walk in the park, I'm still dealing with intense grief like I've never known it before, but counseling and a support group are assisting on that. 

So that's a very quick update I know, but I hope everybody are continuing to have fantastic vacations, and I hope to join you back in the daily on a more regular basis in the very near future.  

~Bruno

Bruno - good to hear from you.    Just remember it’s one day at a time.   You have many friends on here keeping you in their thoughts and prayers.   My sister and I fly into Seattle on Friday before taking the Holland transfer on Sunday to Vancouver to do a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam (the same ship we met you on in 2021).    I’ll make sure we do a toast to you on sail away on the back of the ship where we first met.  Hope our cruising paths cross again in the future.     Stay healthy and I hope things continue to get easier for you.  Take care.    Maryell

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

It was a very very long day. 
DH’s eye is not on track. We’re trying to follow the suggested regime but the pressure was too low for awhile today, vision got blurry, pressure too low to measure with home tonometer which means below 5. That was right after pressure message. Oiy. We were in the car, between funeral home time finishing up and start of the church service that I had a reading to do at, so I had to  leave DH to try to recover. Very stressful. I got through the service, my reading… He did better after awhile. We did the steroid drops roughly every two hours. Haven’t done more pressure massages yet but must before bedtime to keep moving fluid through the new drainage incision to try to keep it from sealing. Nerve wracking.  Trying to strike a balance. That’s all we can do is try. 

It was good to be with family today for funeral, I’m just so very sad for my brother, his daughter, my dwindling family. Their 50th anniversary would have been May 4th. Mother’s Day coming. Both too soon for them. 

I am so grateful! I help DH, he helps me!  Especially through tough days. 

Many many thanks to you all for your support, for walking alongside me.  💙

@atexsix Hugs Bruno. Lotta good people here, all on your side!  

Hugs Annie, Gerry, Terry….  sometimes a day at a time just seems too big a chunk. Sometimes we just have to. Like my day today. 
m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

Bruno - good to hear from you.    Just remember it’s one day at a time.   You have many friends on here keeping you in their thoughts and prayers.   My sister and I fly into Seattle on Friday before taking the Holland transfer on Sunday to Vancouver to do a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam (the same ship we met you on in 2021).    I’ll make sure we do a toast to you on sail away on the back of the ship where we first met.  Hope our cruising paths cross again in the future.     Stay healthy and I hope things continue to get easier for you.  Take care.    Maryell

By all means, I will be there in spirit.  I just hopes nobody plays a trick on you this time.  

And I wish they'd go back to offering the 14 day sailings to Alaska from Seattle. I'm booked on the 28 day next June but I don't know if I want to be gone that long.  I might switch to a Cunard 10 day which are being moved to Seattle next year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Oh no!  I hope the missing zebra is found soon.  Definitely there are cougars and bears in that area. 

Was this the one they couldn't find?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bennybear said:

Well it SNOWED again! Sigh!  I’m leaving it 🙃 

IMG_4478.jpeg

We would have given anything for a snowfall like this, Dear Dad wanted to see one last good snow, but our winter was too mild this year.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, doobieb said:

Bruno, @atexsix I feel your pain. My mom died at 98 last April after living though covid with us. Five days later my daughter got married. The balance of strong emotions felt just right. zone event helped with the other, and made things seem natural. Go to Hawaii, walk on the beach, and enjoy your memories.

It's going to be very hard to enjoy the memories, I couldn't even get through a Love Boat episode the other night, how am I going to handle an actual ship?  😥

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, atexsix said:

By all means, I will be there in spirit.  I just hopes nobody plays a trick on you this time.  

And I wish they'd go back to offering the 14 day sailings to Alaska from Seattle. I'm booked on the 28 day next June but I don't know if I want to be gone that long.  I might switch to a Cunard 10 day which are being moved to Seattle next year.

OMG.   I almost forgot about my friends from WI pretending they were on the ship to surprise me - when they were actually sitting at home laughing because I went looking for them on the ship.  I’ve forgiven them but at the time I was really upset about it.    I can laugh about it now.    
Wow - 28 days is a long cruise for Alaska.    Hope you are able to do it.    We had so much fun on the 25 day cruise last August from Boston to Iceland that we signed up for the same one in July 2025.  
Hope you will keep in touch on the daily so we know how you are doing.   Maryell

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇.

Good luck to all this May Day.

Graham .. Haven’t seen any rabbits on the Indian Ocean today. Matter of fact we haven’t seen much of anything out here. A whale spout awhile back.

Anyway Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit back at you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Graham .. Haven’t seen any rabbits on the Indian Ocean today. Matter of fact we haven’t seen much of anything out here. A whale spout awhile back.

Anyway Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit back at you.

Thank you.

Your photos have been amazing and your cruise sounds fantastic.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning,

Wow, it's been about 3 weeks since Dad died and it feels like 3 months, it's just been nonstop tasks.  The wake/funeral took a week to get setup and organized and that took place a week ago today, and then I had to get started on estate matters. The wake/funeral went well, it wasn't easy doing open casket everything, but Dad's church insisted on it as part of their orthodox tradition and there was no option to deviate.  Washington State doesn't really give you very long to start probate, so I had to find an attorney right on the heels of the funeral.  And this week I had to get started on banking matters now that I have the death certificates.  Dying is a giant pain in the butt if you ask me!  I've barely had time to mourn the actual loss.  

At first the idea of being on a cruise without Dad was unthinkable. But now, after the above stress, the idea of doing something is gaining in appeal, and it doesn't even need to be on a ship, even a week in Hawaii sounds delightful, anything to forget about the real world for awhile. Of course not everything has been a walk in the park, I'm still dealing with intense grief like I've never known it before, but counseling and a support group are assisting on that. 

So that's a very quick update I know, but I hope everybody are continuing to have fantastic vacations, and I hope to join you back in the daily on a more regular basis in the very near future.  

~Bruno

Bruno, sending you hugs and prayers for peace and comfort as you go through this loss.  Take it one day at a time.  Getting away for a while sounds like a very good idea.  Keep us updated.  🤗

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• LauraS locked this topic