Where do they get these entertainers from !!!

phillipahain

Just do not understand why Silversea employ Guitar players who simply cannot sing let alone sing in tune especially on Endeavour 

The Pianist was wonderful  but last evening on Endeavour when you want to have a quiet drink in Observation it was spoilt by the awful playing and what purported to be completely out of tune so called uninteligble singing ....it had already driven us from cancelling bookings in the grill ..Has totally put us off ever thinking of SS 

• Like 1

Could probably be worse.  If you see the words "Passenger Talent Show" among your daily activities, be very afraid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Carolfay said:

Could probably be worse.  If you see the words "Passenger Talent Show" among your daily activities, be very afraid.

Nope....it just increases the alcohol consumption on board....by a quanta level or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Really? Your booking decisions are made by an individual music player?

When the only entertainment and only bar there is .... is spoilt by such dross yes it sure does ductate bookibg decisions 

• Like 2

On the Muse now and the piano player in Dolce Vita is so bad we (and many others) sat in the very bright side (usually uninhabited after dinner) to lessen the impact. That said, the Trio has been quite good. Haven't checked out Silver Note or the guitarist yet.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:51 AM, phillipahain said:

Just do not understand why Silversea employ Guitar players who simply cannot sing let alone sing in tune especially on Endeavour 

The Pianist was wonderful  but last evening on Endeavour when you want to have a quiet drink in Observation it was spoilt by the awful playing and what purported to be completely out of tune so called uninteligble singing ....it had already driven us from cancelling bookings in the grill ..Has totally put us off ever thinking of SS 

But wasnt that just one night, unfortunate I will give you but only one night.

11 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

First of all, is it entertainment?  Over on the Nova and Spirit it was pretty bad...........

on the Dawn in April as well  

On the Nova TA last November, the entertainment was very good.  There was a saxophonist in the SALT Bar, Eduardo in the Dolce Vita (piano, synthesizer and knows every tune you could possibly request, as well as a very good singer in all styles - he had been on the Wind in May 2023), and also a live combo who also played live for the four singers/ dancers in the production shows and also played in the bar before dinner.  Oh, and also a female violinist who played in the Shelter champagne bar in the evenings. All very enjoyable, and this does not even mention the featured performers who gave evening shows in the Venetian Lounge.   We had drinks with several of the speakers on that voyage who were from Broadway and television and they seemed quite satisfied with the level of talent. I share how the OP feels about off-key music, but I would urge them not to make a decision on one experience.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Where do they get their entertainers from?  

Maplin!

IMG_5264.jpeg

Not sure but if they played the County Fairs first, it's pretty down hill.........

1 hour ago, dawntrdr said:

We had drinks with several of the speakers on that voyage who were from Broadway and television and they seemed quite satisfied with the level of talent. 

I wonder if the speakers would criticize the entertainment on a cruise where they were presumably "guests" of Silversea.  The speakers and entertainers both report to the CD.

23 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

On the Nova TA last November, the entertainment was very good.  There was a saxophonist in the SALT Bar, Eduardo in the Dolce Vita (piano, synthesizer and knows every tune you could possibly request, as well as a very good singer in all styles - he had been on the Wind in May 2023), and also a live combo who also played live for the four singers/ dancers in the production shows and also played in the bar before dinner.  Oh, and also a female violinist who played in the Shelter champagne bar in the evenings. All very enjoyable, and this does not even mention the featured performers who gave evening shows in the Venetian Lounge.   We had drinks with several of the speakers on that voyage who were from Broadway and television and they seemed quite satisfied with the level of talent. I share how the OP feels about off-key music, but I would urge them not to make a decision on one experience.

Hi Dawn, I agree with you and thought the entertainment was quite good😃I became friendly with a couple of the singers (from the shows).....very nice guys and I thought both had excellent voices.

We generally try to avoid the musical entertainment since it is frequently too loud and drowns out the possibility of a quiet conversation.  We like the Observation bar on the Spirit. If possible, we will sit outside Panorama or the Arts Cafe to avoid the noise.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 10:27 PM, sea bright said:

On the Muse now and the piano player in Dolce Vita is so bad we (and many others) sat in the very bright side (usually uninhabited after dinner) to lessen the impact. That said, the Trio has been quite good. Haven't checked out Silver Note or the guitarist yet.

I wholeheartedly agree about the piano player.  His piano playing is not too bad if the volume were lower, but he is an absolutely horrible singer,  Must have been low bid.  On previous ships the piano players have been pretty good (not my type of music) but did not sing.  we too sit more toward the reception desk and if possible behind the wall near where the solo travelers gather.  

On the Wind in December there was the most horrible guitarist and singer in Dolce Vita which is much smaller.  The waitstaff knew where we would sit every night, as far away as possible.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 8:03 AM, Mahogany said:

Really? Your booking decisions are made by an individual music player?

Especially when assigned to play in a favorite bar.  They  know the piano player is bad when the assignment to play on name that tune night goes to your favorite dining room waiter.

If you're stiffing the passengers in one department, you better be running on all cylinders elsewhere.

Edited by saminina