The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 7th, 2024

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Back from Pain and Spine appointment.  They were all excited that I had such good results from the test injection, but can't schedule the nerve ablation yet because I have to do another test injection.  Of course, that will take a month to get into, then a week for the followup appoinment (cha ching), then a month to schedule the first side ablation and then another month for the second side.  By then there will be snow on the ground and no need to rush because I won't be hiking.  I asked how many tests we had to do.  I think the answer is as many as they can get me to pay for.  

That sucks!!!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@dfish, Debbie, I read what you wrote three times because I could not wrap my head around it. I don’t know what to say and I wish you had some recourse for this ridiculous  situation.  I am so sorry that you have to look at many more weeks of pain. 

It is especially ridiculous when I think that I started this whole process almost a year ago.  A hernia and surgery got in the way to slow things down. I'm pretty adept at handling the pain issues.  Lidocaine patches work wonders.   

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, I totally agree with Terry @smitty34877.  I better not say more about the clinic dragging out the time so they can get more money, or I might wind up in CC jail.  😁

Lenda

We wouldn't want that!!  Every time I go in there for a "followup" there is that pesky co-pay.  Cha Ching, Cha Ching, Cha Ching.  Today's appointment lasted less than 5 minutes.  

3 hours ago, quilty964 said:

@RMLincolnI'd love to hear about the pills!

@dfishI'm sure the insurance company is telling them what they have to do...sad!

Yes, Aetna is practicing medicine without a license.  I'd be in trouble for doing that.  For them it is just another day .

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

I took the first batch of pills. They’re a bit large but not as big as my magnesium supplements, so I didn’t have trouble swallowing them. The directions say take them one by one with a sip of water, finishing all 12 and a pint (16 oz) water over 15-20 mins. Not bad. I’d have liked to have had a piece of toast to help push it all down but not allowed!  
Now on to doing the next pint of water an hour later. I’ll have one more to do. Then at 4am I’ll do this again for the second batch of 12 tablets. I’ll be glad to be done with this tomorrow!  m—

@dfish Debbie I hope you can get some advice from another party… maybe a PCP?  I hope you can get on a faster track. 

PCP sent me to the Spine and Pain clinic.  If insurance requires it, I have to do it.  I'm not going to waste too much time on it as it is one of those things I can't control.  But, doesn't wine help with that?

44 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

That sucks!!!

Yes, it does!

@cruising sister I am so sorry to hear of the death of your friend's grandson along with the serious situation with the other grandson.  Hugs to her and healing thoughts for the grandson in the hospital.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

Lovely flowers Eva! I think the first picture are Lupines

Definitely Lupines.  Lovely!  I think the 3rd flowers are Bachelor Buttons as Eva said, but I'm not positive.

I was happy to see that the hail storm didn't do much damage in the garden, just a few lost leaves and blossoms.  You'd never know by the weather today, it has been a lovely sunny day.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Lovely flowers Eva! I think the first picture are Lupines and the second may be Dianthus. Not sure about the third...

Yes of course the first is a lupine. I always name them incorrectly. The second is not dianthus, of that I am sure. They are pink cornflowers also called bachelor buttons as are the blue ones in the last picture.  No rain so far tonight so they should survive. We still have a severe thunderstorm watch  but the tornado threat seems to have passed.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @kazu and maps @rafinmd.

If it's the drink Cosmopolitan, I've never had one. Cystinosis is rare, but important to know about. Someone else can have my Sauvignon Blanc. It's also National Teacher's Day. Good quote. The meal looks good. Pass on the drink and wine ($$$). I haven't been to Kushiro. An important day in history for all of us computer geeks.

It's mostly cloudy here, with storms coming tonight (remnants of the bad storms in the plains). I slept well. I had taken some ibuprofen before bed, due to the increased activity yesterday. I plan to relax today and catch up on some programs on my DVR. I just texted with BFF. He's doing fair. He says it's very energy sapping to hobble around. When we see Ortho, and a decision is made of surgery vs cast, I'll ask about the knee scooter. He also managed to get someone to mow his lawn, so that's one job taken care of.

Today is my DM's heavenly birthday; she would be 120, being born in 1904. She was a teacher.

@aliaschief It sounds like you're continuing to have an amazing cruise.

@MISTER 67 Good news about your check up.

@StLouisCruisers I hope your family stays safe. This has been wild weather this spring.

@kazu I'm sorry the pain kept you awake last night. Prayers that the antibiotics work and that there is no osteomyelitis. You can whine here anytime; I did that a lot, and living alone, it was helpful (and spared BFF some).

@Haljo1935 Good luck with the eye procedure, and I hope the Neurologist has an alternative therapy.

@cat shepard Yes, it is BFF's driving foot. He was told it would probably be several months before he can drive. He is very independent, and now says he feels like an invalid. He's normally always doing things around the house, yardwork, etc., and this is tough on him.

@smitty34877 I am glad that you have some extra help with the physical stuff, while your shoulder improves.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you are coming up with a plan that will still allow DH to cruise, and be less stressful.

@dfish I hope the nerve ablation gets ordered today. 

@marshhawk Good luck at the vet. I always thought flip flops were unsafe, and never wear them (plus I need something more supportive for my feet). 

@cunnorl I was set to watch the launch last night, and then it was scrubbed.

@cruising sister Oh my goodness on the tragedies for your dear friend. Prayers for her and the family.

@1ANGELCAT I hope the shot helps Houdini.

@RMLincoln I hope for no concerns on the colonoscopy. Prayers for DH that things go smoothly. I need to get another Covid shot also; I didn't want to get it before my surgery, so I will go soon. 

@Heartgrove Thanks for checking in.

@quilty964 I was on a 5 year schedule too, but last time they said it's now 7 years instead of 5.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Happy heavenly 120th birthday to your dear mam Vanessa.

• Like 3