Premeire desserts

We will be on the Sun and I understand that with the Premiere package, which we have, we will get special desserts. I have seen a couple of the ice cream sundaes and I will admit I will be able to eat one, and I love cake. Is there another dessert than the ice cream sundaes included in the premiere package? Are you aware if the bottles of alcohol are included with the sundaes or do you have to pay extra for them? I have seen special cakes in the international cafe and wondered if a slice of those are included, or are the cakes sold as a whole cake? How does that work? Thank you.

Special Cakes which are displayed in the International Cafe are included.

Special ice cream desserts are included.

Bottles of alcohol are not included. At least I never even saw bottles of alcohol mentioned or displayed. Where did you see this? But, if you have the premier package you can order any drink priced up to $20.

Gelato may be included. There is an active question about gelato right now on CC. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, skynight said:

Special Cakes which are displayed in the International Cafe are included.

Special ice cream desserts are included.

Bottles of alcohol are not included. At least I never even saw bottles of alcohol mentioned or displayed. Where did you see this? But, if you have the premier package you can order any drink priced up to $20.

Gelato may be included. There is an active question about gelato right now on CC. 

Must admit I never saw the special cakes in International Cafe when were on Sun Princess last month.  And the Desserts menu didn't mention the extra bottles of alcohol (usually an extra $2 if not on package) from other ships. There is also Soft Serve ice cream and Granitas on the Sun. We didn't try Gelato on the package as we weren't sure if it was included.

coffeeandcones.thumb.jpeg.174d018a7ade0a8607365424a2b65bb1.jpeg

Edited by dides

1 hour ago, Shaver John said:

We will be on the Sun and I understand that with the Premiere package, which we have, we will get special desserts. I have seen a couple of the ice cream sundaes and I will admit I will be able to eat one, and I love cake. Is there another dessert than the ice cream sundaes included in the premiere package? Are you aware if the bottles of alcohol are included with the sundaes or do you have to pay extra for them? I have seen special cakes in the international cafe and wondered if a slice of those are included, or are the cakes sold as a whole cake? How does that work? Thank you.

Personally the sundaes did nothing for me.  But the cakes were fabulous

• Like 1

The menu posted above shows that EVERY option is made with vanilla gelato. Is that the only option?  What about people who aren’t so,…well…”vanilla”?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

The menu posted above shows that EVERY option is made with vanilla gelato. Is that the only option?  What about people who aren’t so,…well…”vanilla”?

Only gelato option on the Majestic. My wife would have it with ONLY gelato. Interesting was that the chocolate rim coating didn't melt outside in Queensland.

8 hours ago, skynight said:

Bottles of alcohol are not included. At least I never even saw bottles of alcohol mentioned or displayed. Where did you see this?

They had them depicted in their advertising.

IMG_6688.jpeg.9df4c28cf4a9586a5365961cf8e03da3.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The Premier bundle AND the Plus bundle both have the same dessert offerings.

However, with Plus you get 2 per cruise and with Premier unlimited. I can’t imagine anyone having one of those every day. We have Premier on our upcoming cruise and I may  have a couple. My DH would run a mile from them.

44 minutes ago, sandancer said:

However, with Plus you get 2 per cruise and with Premier unlimited.

With Plus, it is two per day, not per cruise.  Don’t think we will even do two per day!

IMG_6559.thumb.jpeg.7d5eee96dc516e997939d98efa78e7e5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, sandancer said:

However, with Plus you get 2 per cruise and with Premier unlimited. I can’t imagine anyone having one of those every day. We have Premier on our upcoming cruise and I may  have a couple. My DH would run a mile from them.

delete

Edited by 555

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 555 said:

How anyone could possibly eat unlimited desserts with the Premier package is unbelievable. 

Edited by 555

On the Royal only vanilla was allowed for the premiere desserts...It was ok, nothing special. 

If you wanted a scoop of chocolate or pistachio, you had to pay for it.  This policy may have changed since I last sailed.   People have reported being able to order other items instead but that has not been my experience

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

With Plus, it is two per day, not per cruise.  Don’t think we will even do two per day!

IMG_6559.thumb.jpeg.7d5eee96dc516e997939d98efa78e7e5.jpeg

Dear me. You would need a small crane to get off the ship if you ate 2 of those every day. I love ice cream but that is way, way beyond me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Not an ice cream fan myself but would gladly get a lucky kid one if they were there when hubby tried one of these monsters. As long as I order it who cares who eats it right.

Might as well have someone enjoy it. 😄🍨

I prefer the ice cream in the dining room (made daily) more.

And just to be a stickler, it's called the Princess Premier.  I've gotten this wrong so many times.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just one experience so far, last month on Emerald

The cakes in IC look good

But they taste pretty ordinary IRL

Edited by Ellipooh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, crawford said:

Too bad the desserts aren’t available in the main dining rooms.

We will sometimes just skip the dessert course in the MDR and then go share a slice of the premium cake while listening to music. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You could always pick up a couple of slices at the IC and bring them to the Show Lounge to eat during the show. 😆

On 5/19/2024 at 9:02 AM, latebloomer56 said:

Not an ice cream fan myself but would gladly get a lucky kid one if they were there when hubby tried one of these monsters. As long as I order it who cares who eats it right.

Not much different from ordering drinks from your drinks package and giving them to someone without the package.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1