The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 3rd, 2024

Posted (edited)

Today is Chimborazo Day, National Stuffed Shrimp Scholars Day, and Wonder Woman Day

The first time I sang in the church choir; two hundred people changed their religion. --Fred Allen

Meal Suggestion for today - Lemon-Garlic Dump Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
Drink of the Day - Banana Bliss
Wine of the Day - Clarendon Hills Hckb Cabernet
Destination of the Day - Ajaccio, Corsica, France

Today in History:
1621 Dutch West India Company (WIC) receives charter for The West Indies (The Americas, Caribbean and West Africa)

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 12:30 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska eta 06-04

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Nordfjordeid, Norway eta 06-04

Noordam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Sarande, Albania 10:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Oslo, Norway 08:00 - 16:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada eta 06-04

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 06-04

Zaandam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Zuiderdam

Visby, Gotland Island Sweden 08:00 - 15:00

0603Alaska.thumb.png.f0f6a0021c866db3fe7c124ac3d82f2a.png

0603Atlantic.thumb.png.a8955b5d034b11b1fea15eade9a1039b.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 25

Posted (edited)

Good morning.

It is sunny and 62°F here at 11.23am.

3 good days and quote.

Nice food.

We have been to Napoleon's birthplace Ajaccio on a couple of occasions.

I hope everyone has a pain free day.

Screenshot_20240603_112146.jpg

IMG_20240603_075231.jpg

IMG_20240603_081515.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Happy Monday, hope it's the start of a good week.

Cloudy this morning with a chance of showers.

Interesting days to celebrate.  Thank you Graham for the info on Chimborazo Day.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  Not sure about the drink and I hope the wine is tasty and not expensive.

I've never been to today's port, but I'd like to.

Prayers for our world.

Have a terrific day.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the FR&D!!!!  

I will await the meaning of the Day, for the first two, and appreciate Wonder Woman Day!!!  

And, I await the recipe for today for the drink and the meal!  BOTH sound delicious!!!

@Seasick Sailor  I had a wonderful time in Georgetown on Friday!!!  I learned about Dan Moody taking on the KKK and winning in our very own Williamson County Courthouse!!!  And Three-Legged Willie offering his name for our county!!!  And other little tidbits!!  And, of course, the Monument was DELICIOUS and CROWDED but worth it!!!

Here's our group... 

May be an image of 11 people and crowd

May be an image of 4 people and Monticello

Dailyites -- Have a wonderful day and share your smile with others!!!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Banana Bliss cocktail:

Description
An under-seen entry from the 1937 Cafe Royal Cocktail Book inspired this riff on the Banana Bliss, created by Caitlin Laman, beverage manager at the Ace Hotel Chicago. Originally, the recipe called for shaking equal parts cognac and banana liqueur, but Laman adds oloroso Sherry to the mix and stirs it to preserve the sharpness of the base flavors.
Ingredients:
1 oz. cognac
.25 oz. creme de banana
3/4 oz. oloroso sherry
Directions:
Combine cognac, creme de banane, and oloroso sherry in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube and garnish with an orange twist(optional).

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 6.24.58 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 19

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Vict0riann’s biopsy results

Rafinmd’s church member Paul with pneumonia, improving

Seasick Sailor dropping a heavy stone and gouging her ankle

Cruzin Terri safe trip to Jacksonville

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye appointment

Flooding and storms across the US, with loss of life: PNG landslides

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

JazzyV’s BFF post surgery for a tib-fib fracture

Marshhawk’s DH Catmando in a lot of pain

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri and DH going to Barbados

Quartzsite Cruiser’s new golf cart

Nickelpenny post back surgery, doing well, good report from surgeon

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Suslor (Rotterdam June 8 to June 29) 21d Midnight Sun & Norse Legends

6 days for Cruzn single (Westerdam June 9 to July 7) 28d Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice

Mr. Boston (Volendam to June 8 ) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage), Luvteaching (Majestic Princess to June 9) Alaska Inside Passage, StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage and Mtn2Sea (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels

• Like 19
  • Thanks 23

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have been to Napoleon's birthplace Ajaccio on a couple of occasions.

I hope everyone has a pain free day.

Screenshot_20240603_112146.jpg

What an interesting article!!  THANK YOU!!  I didn't remember the bulge on the equator -- so that was new knowledge for today!!!  Now, I just have to remember how to pronounce Chimborazo...  and I've got it made!!!  🙃

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Today is Monday which means the Zuiderdam is in Visby, Gotland, Sweden.  By the time many of you read this we will have left already since all aboard is 2:30 so the ship will be leaving here around 9 a.m. eastern time.  We went over to the city center by free shuttle provided by the city of Visby.  We walked 2.5 miles in the town and enjoyed the old church ruins, interesting architecture, the Cathedral Sankta Maria and the small botanical garden.

Sailaway from Stockholm last night was lovely.  We have a table at the window on the starboard side and enjoyed the view the entire meal.  Once a sailboat got very close to the side of the ship due to other ferry and boat traffic and all I could see was the mast of the sailboat right by the promenade railing.  In the turbulent water alongside us the top of the mast was circling madly.  I sure hope they made it out of the way and didn’t capsize at the aft end of us.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s Fleet Report and Daily.  My goodness, there are some strange days to recognize.  Wonder Woman Day is fine but stuffed shrimp scholars?  Funny quote, an interesting meal suggestion, and no to the drink and Cabernet.  A nice day in history for the Dutch West India Company.  Thanks Debbie @dfish,Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers for DB, Alex’s baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages who are rarely even mentioned, and our men and women in uniform overseas.  Special prayers for all here on the Care list, Jacqui @kazu, Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando, Tana and Terry @smitty34877, anyone recovering from surgeries and procedures, Ann @Vict0riann, Richard, Graham  @grapau27and Pauline.  🙏

Joy @Seasick Sailor, I’m so sorry to hear about your foot boo-boo.  Stay far away from heavy rocks in the future.  Hope it heals up quickly.  Annie @marshhawk what a disaster with all the water main breaks in Atlanta.  My twin told me her daughter was at a nursing conference in Atlanta and they had a disastrous day of it (Friday?).  No water at the hotel to shower, no restaurant to eat at.  She was grateful to get home and may never want to go back to another Atlanta conference after all that.  What is Atlanta spending all their tax money on if not infrastructure?

Congrats to all celebrating something special and those cruising or traveling.  I hope the Barbados trip is just what you and Jim need, Terri @Cruzin Terri.  And our other Terry @smitty34877 welcome home from your trip.  I hope things are running smoothly now and it was nice of your DB to offer to come help.  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV  for the keeping of the lists for us.  Hope you are feeling stronger every day and that BFF is doing well, too.

We heard this morning about a FC Dallas U17 game yesterday against a United Premier Soccer league team, DFW Falcons.  It was delayed 2 hours due to thunderstorms and hail, but our FC Dallas team won 2 to 1 and Ren scored both goals for the FC Dallas side.  Yay Ren!!

The port today is Ajaccio, on the island of Corsica, France.  This was a replacement port for a different Corsica port due to bad weather on the other side of the island.  What a delight it was!  I’ll have to prepare a report and photos after I post here.  No links since it’s a brand new port for us.

Hoping all of you have a good day, and no more rock dropping onto your feet!  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 8

13 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

Thank you for the FR&D!!!!  

I will await the meaning of the Day, for the first two, and appreciate Wonder Woman Day!!!  

And, I await the recipe for today for the drink and the meal!  BOTH sound delicious!!!

@Seasick Sailor  I had a wonderful time in Georgetown on Friday!!!  I learned about Dan Moody taking on the KKK and winning in our very own Williamson County Courthouse!!!  And Three-Legged Willie offering his name for our county!!!  And other little tidbits!!  And, of course, the Monument was DELICIOUS and CROWDED but worth it!!!

Here's our group... 

May be an image of 11 people and crowd

May be an image of 4 people and Monticello

Dailyites -- Have a wonderful day and share your smile with others!!!

Nice group photos Lambie.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning folks. Today we are in beautiful Kotor, Montenegro. One of the most picturesque sail in’s around. Back is improving but I took another excursion day off versus aggravating sitting in a mini van for majority of the day. Though it’s little overcast with periodic light rain the view is spectacular. Tomorrow is a sea day as we wind down the six days of our voyage. 
Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.96930e6686520fbd3a7f68bd0079d52b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ec92314c96631b505cbca8c04f158c1c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a8afdaca1ad517238bcd34e918b44331.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.387d14dc4ac035e71ee643958b97a0fa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c10b5763be3ac1e8178cce49b871241c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.afb83f07bf7c09577eeb139a5ebf788e.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today is Monday which means the Zuiderdam is in Visby, Gotland, Sweden.  By the time many of you read this we will have left already since all aboard is 2:30 so the ship will be leaving here around 9 a.m. eastern time.  We went over to the city center by free shuttle provided by the city of Visby.  We walked 2.5 miles in the town and enjoyed the old church ruins, interesting architecture, the Cathedral Sankta Maria and the small botanical garden.

Sailaway from Stockholm last night was lovely.  We have a table at the window on the starboard side and enjoyed the view the entire meal.  Once a sailboat got very close to the side of the ship due to other ferry and boat traffic and all I could see was the mast of the sailboat right by the promenade railing.  In the turbulent water alongside us the top of the mast was circling madly.  I sure hope they made it out of the way and didn’t capsize at the aft end of us.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s Fleet Report and Daily.  My goodness, there are some strange days to recognize.  Wonder Woman Day is fine but stuffed shrimp scholars?  Funny quote, an interesting meal suggestion, and no to the drink and Cabernet.  A nice day in history for the Dutch West India Company.  Thanks Debbie @dfish,Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers for DB, Alex’s baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages who are rarely even mentioned, and our men and women in uniform overseas.  Special prayers for all here on the Care list, Jacqui @kazu, Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando, Tana and Terry @smitty34877, anyone recovering from surgeries and procedures, Ann @Vict0riann, Richard, Graham  @grapau27and Pauline.  🙏

Joy @Seasick Sailor, I’m so sorry to hear about your foot boo-boo.  Stay far away from heavy rocks in the future.  Hope it heals up quickly.  Annie @marshhawk what a disaster with all the water main breaks in Atlanta.  My twin told me her daughter was at a nursing conference in Atlanta and they had a disastrous day of it (Friday?).  No water at the hotel to shower, no restaurant to eat at.  She was grateful to get home and may never want to go back to another Atlanta conference after all that.  What is Atlanta spending all their tax money on if not infrastructure?

Congrats to all celebrating something special and those cruising or traveling.  I hope the Barbados trip is just what you and Jim need, Terri @Cruzin Terri.  And our other Terry @smitty34877 welcome home from your trip.  I hope things are running smoothly now and it was nice of your DB to offer to come help.  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV  for the keeping of the lists for us.  Hope you are feeling stronger every day and that BFF is doing well, too.

We heard this morning about a FC Dallas U17 game yesterday against a United Premier Soccer league team, DFW Falcons.  It was delayed 2 hours due to thunderstorms and hail, but our FC Dallas team won 2 to 1 and Ren scored both goals for the FC Dallas side.  Yay Ren!!

The port today is Ajaccio, on the island of Corsica, France.  This was a replacement port for a different Corsica port due to bad weather on the other side of the island.  What a delight it was!  I’ll have to prepare a report and photos after I post here.  No links since it’s a brand new port for us.

Hoping all of you have a good day, and no more rock dropping onto your feet!  Stay safe and keep well!

Thank you Sandi.

We are both well and at work today.

Did you sail up the Archipelago of Stockholm?

That is a wonderful long sail in and out of Stockholm.

• Like 23

Posted (edited)

Ajaccio, France

In August 2017 we spent 21 delightful (read that hot) days in the Mediterranean on the Westerdam.  One of ports was supposed to be Calvi on the French island of Corsica.  But due to high winds and seas the itinerary was moved around a bit and we ended up in the capital of Corsica, Ajaccio two days later.  It was a very pleasant surprise.  We couldn’t wait to get out there and explore.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The empty ferry dock next to us and what looks like a different ferry in the distance

Walking off the ship one of the first things we saw was a group of costumed dancers heading towards their “gig”.

We walked along the waterfront past all the yachts and saw them preparing to entertain everyone.

The first thing we ran into was a lovely fountain next to a very nice Farmer’s Market.

When I saw this pretty building I had to take a photo of it.  It was the Hotel Palazzu u Domu.

Nearby was what was called the Citadel.  There was a dry moat-like area with donkeys living in it.  Te Citadel was built the same year Christopher Columbus discovered America!  Yes, 1492!

I had a photo of a donkey in the moat but I noticed it was inappropriate for younger audiences and passed it up.  LOL!

What a view of the ocean

But my favorite view is of the beach nearby

Next we saw a church which I wanted to check out.  It was called Our Lady of Assumption.

Near it was a square called Place de Gaulle.  The square held a merry-go-round and a statue of Napoleon and his four brothers.

Heading back towards the Westerdam we came across a nice area of shopping and cafes.

Looks like the perfect replacement port in the Mediterranean!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and maps Rich.  Thanks for enlightening us about the Equadoran mountain Graham.  Other days are strange.  Quote is funny.  I will pass on broccoli and bananas but today's wine sounds nice.  Haven't even been to today's port so  looking forward to beautiful photos.   

Prayers for all on our care list, Tana,Chuck, Jacqui and @RMLincolnand @Cruzin Terri as you are on the road today.   Prayers for those in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the hostages and the Innocents in Gaza.  Thanks for compiling this for us each day.  

We are off to town and really hoping we get some badly needed rain.  Our lake water pump doesn't want to prime at the time we need it the most.  Trying to find an O ring and some hose fittings.  Have a nice Monday!  Nancy 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi.

We are both well and at work today.

Did you sail up the Archipelago of Stockholm?

That is a wonderful long sail in and out of Stockholm.

Yes, we sure did!  I remember how scenic it was from our first time there.  Everyone enjoyed it and the dining room was half empty because they were outside watching I suppose.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Ajaccio, France

In August 2017 we spent 21 delightful (read that hot) days in the Mediterranean on the Westerdam.  One of ports was supposed to be Calvi on the French island of Corsica.  But due to high winds and seas the itinerary was moved around a bit and we ended up in the capital of Corsica, Ajaccio two days later.  It was a very pleasant surprise.  We couldn’t wait to get out there and explore.

The empty ferry dock next to us and what looks like a different ferry in the distance

Walking off the ship one of the first things we saw was a group of costumed dancers heading towards their “gig”.

We walked along the waterfront past all the yachts and saw them preparing to entertain everyone.

The first thing we ran into was a lovely fountain next to a very nice Farmer’s Market.

When I saw this pretty building I had to take a photo of it.  It was the Hotel Palazzu u Domu.

Nearby was what was called the Citadel.  There was a dry moat-like area with donkeys living in it.  Te Citadel was built the same year Christopher Columbus discovered America!  Yes, 1492!

I had a photo of a donkey in the moat but I noticed it was inappropriate for younger audiences and passed it up.  LOL!

What a view of the ocean

But my favorite view is of the beach nearby

Next we saw a church which I wanted to check out.  It was called Our Lady of Assumption.

Near it was a square called Place de Gaulle.  The square held a merry-go-round and a statue of Napoleon and his four brothers.

Heading back towards the Westerdam we came across a nice area of shopping and cafes.

Looks like the perfect replacement port in the Mediterranean!

Lovely photos of Ajaccio Sandi.

I'm pleased you got the opportunity to visit this beautiful port.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich and thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie.

Yum on stuffed shrimp and LOL on today’s quote.  DD DH and I really enjoyed Ajaccio.  I think I have some pics different from Sandi’s so will take a look for them to post.

IMG_3974.thumb.jpeg.61b2a5a1f1df28ef56ff76cb2145c636.jpeg

Happy to say I got the dahlias all in - one box of bulbs to go - I need to figure out how to pull that one off next.  LOL.  Supposed to rain this morning so I will get a bit of reprieve and try this afternoon.  

IMG_2464.thumb.jpeg.1534147965003695740014fd01a378a2.jpegIMG_2464.thumb.jpeg.1534147965003695740014fd01a378a2.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🍻 

IMG_3034.thumb.jpeg.23309fd5c7cc0c7cd90b00dec0f6233c.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely, dry, breezy day. Our firefighters are concerned. The rain we had last week barely put a dent in our shortage.

This morning’s sun peeking through my neighbor’s trees. Perfect timing. 
IMG_4707.jpeg.e855c71b2425fd3a360dfe25d4619090.jpeg

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. I appreciate how careful you are - especially with stairs. Hope BFF continues to improve. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, pool time. I think a visit to one of my local garden centers is in order. I need to start planning. 

IMG_2946.jpeg.a8d213247bcb638ebef048383b9fb5ec.jpeg

IMG_2943.jpeg.a14f5ab659b08e48f14c70e23b5e577b.jpeg

IMG_2769.jpeg.c5845659cf12aa6cdfdb90c628e4e9ec.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Terry, I loved reading that Tana was the one trying to keep everyone calm while you were away. She is feisty! Praying a cure/treatment is found soon. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Clarendon Hills Hickinbotham Caberne

This Australian Cab sent me on quite a chase trying to find info about it. The most recent vintage issued is 2016, but it is currently only available online in Australia. I found a couple of distributors for the 2014 & 2015 vintages that would ship to me. Luckily all vintages have 95+ ratings from the critics. But it’s pricey. Online prices start at $66.00.

Winemaker’s notes

Planted in Blewitt Springs, McLaren Vale during the 1930’s the Cabernet Sauvignon site is populated by a rare pre-phylloxera Chateau Reynella Cabernet Sauvignon clone that expresses the ancient Blewitt Springs terroir with opulence and majesty. Low yielding, west facing old vines produce a powerful yet refined and elegantly composed, classic Cabernet Sauvignon with notes of black currant, graphite, slate, earl grey tea, sage and bay leaf mixed with cedar shaving and baking spice with a roast meat undertone that gives the wine power and presence.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 17
  • Haha 4

Happy Monday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Sunny, high of 83 today. Lots of grading of assignments today and I still must finish up the slides for my presentation. I am flying out to Charlotte on Saturday. That means getting up extremely early to get to the airport. I will make sure that I have lots of coffee. Looking forward to getting away though. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

35 Monday Memes to Start the Week Off Right | Reader's Digest

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

We are starting off with cloudy skies this morning, but we are supposed to have sunshine and temps in the low 80s.  Sounds good to me.  We have nothing on the agenda for today other than the gym.  I may haul out the sewing machine and sew the binding onto my quilt so that I can get started on that.   I want to get more fabric and make a quilt for River's room, but it would also require me to paint the room to go with the quilt.  Oh, why not?  I'll think about that one.

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels and enjoy Barbados!

@smitty34877 I'm glad you had your respite trip.  It does sound like you were welcomed back with great relief.  It may be a good thing to have DB come from time to time.  

@kazu Glad you were able to get the Dahlias planted.  Don't stress yourself too much!  But, I know the beautiful flowers will bring you much joy this summer.  

Today's meal is a good one and so easy.  You just dump the ingredients in a pan and let it go!  It is also versatile.  If you prefer chicken breasts, use them.  If you want to add in some Brussels Sprouts for RNB, feel free.  You can use your favorite vegetables and just copy the technique.  Mom used to do this in foil and put it on the grill.  We called it Hobo Chicken.  Dump Chicken and Broccoli

lemongarlicchickenwithbroccoli.jpg.caa73472dbf7591b005b40eec463a85a.jpg

This website explains how to make up a bunch of these meals in advance and then pull them out of the freezer when you want them.  You can also grill the chicken, bake it, cook it in the slow cooker, or on top of the stove.  In this recipe the chicken is shredded and put on top of rice.  I'd add some color to this dish.  Dump Chicken without Broccoli

lemongarlicchickenwithbroccoli2.thumb.png.14e82852456ea3ca7f750ffd828d1528.png

This last recipe is a sheet pan recipe and in addition to the chicken and broccoli it has parmesan potatoes.  Everything you'd ever want.  Chicken and Broccoli with potatoes

lemongarlicchickenwithbroccoli3.thumb.jpg.d68e6b9ea7a0059eea476b0d4a20a516.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  I can tell the sun is up, but the sky to the west is still dark, it's 69 degrees, with expected rain on and off for the next several days.

I saw the cutest Movie yesterday.  DH was flicking on the netflix, and found Falling for Figaro. I was at the computer, but it sounded so interesting and sweet, I got up to the love seat and watched. A great way to hear opera music.  And then we ran errands.  DH bought a new washer and dryer yesterday.  Delivery is for Saturday.  He had been looking on line, and had found what he thought he wanted, but when we got into home depot, and looked around, I found the set I wanted.  I saved him 200 dollars.  The one he wanted was a top loader (which I wanted) but it was so deep, I couldn't reach the bottom if something got stuck in it.  Way too deep for a short person. 

I bought bird seed, because the squirrels were starving, and we bought the kittens a running tunnel.  I thought it would be curved like Tigger's but this is a straight line with a hole on the top. While the kittens don't weight much, just one leaning against it rolls it around , and whoever is in gets a free ride. They played in it and on it for several hours last night.  Momma cat does not purr, something the Fawn didn't do either until another cat taught her, so I have been teaching the kittens.  Turnip has learned, and when I petted him last night, he purred.  Ollie is his father in miniature, and when he feels threatened, he prances around on the tip of his toes, turns his head and places his stance so that he looks much bigger than he is.  The two girls seem to have the most energy, but I am pretty sure they are not growing as quickly as the males, and yes they are all now eating food.

I have to post my weekly work schedule this morning, I'm still tweaking.  DH is seeing a new doc this week, so no work on Wednesday, but working the rest of the week.  

socks-washes-pair-pair_of_socks-farewell-fashion-CX909675_low.jpg

monday-meme-idlememe.jpg

fb9859e1ad53316e4416526415011074.jpg

@smitty34877I am glad that you got home safe and sound. Hugs to you and your family.

@Cruzin TerriEnjoy your time away, this vacation sounds perfect. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3