What is your longest consecutive Celebrity cruise (includes B2B)?

Longest consecutive Celebrity cruise (includes B2B)  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What is your longest consecutive time onboard the same Celebrity ship (includes B2B)?

• 7 nights or fewer
    • 8 to 20 nights
    • 21-30 nights
    • 1-2 months
    • 3-4 months or more

32 days ( Honolulu to Sydney and then Sydney to Singapore) with a few days on

land at origin and destination- loved the cruises and experiences but that was about our limit and it was time to go home and see family.

The longest number of nights for us was a series which resulted in 52 nights onboard.  Last fall we did 40 nights (Civitavecchia to Sydney).  We fly to cruise ports.  With a few exceptions the cost of the air is the same if we are on a ship for 7 days or longer, so it is rare that we are on for less than 28 nights.

25 nights on Silhouette in the Caribbean to make up for a B2B where I spent half the cruise in Covid Jail (had just moved into a RS from a CS and was promptly kicked out).  I don’t go to shows and I’ve always been happy with the menu choices.  I think I like the comforts of the ship more than the comforts of home.  I’d like to try 35 or so days.  

Pets could complicate things.  My cat died just before my Covid cruise.  If I ever get another dog I probably couldn’t be away for very long.

• Like 1

I do a lot of Solo cruises on X. 21 days Max.

I like to say "I have a Wife and a Life at home"

I don't think I could Ever do one of those 60-90-120 Day cruises on the Same Ship🙄.

I would be sick of the Menus and probably know Every Crew Members life story by the end of it?

10 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

How many nights in a row have you spent on the same Celebrity ship (including B2B)?  If a long time, wondering how you handled things such as so many duplicate shows and menus, missing family and friends, away from the comforts of your homes, etc.  My longest is 21 nights and I think that's pretty much my tipping point.  

Last spring we did a 33-day transpacific cruise on the Eclipse from Sydney to Vancouver by way of Hawaii. The first leg was a 3-day cruise RT from Sydney with no ports of call. We booked it as a safeguard in lieu of booking a hotel for a couple of days prior to the start of the main 30-day transpacific B2B. My Live From thread is in my signature area. I have to also say we are in our early 70s, fully retired and cruiseaholics! 😂

But seriously, it all depends on the itinerary. We went on a 38-day NCL Jade cruise from Athens to Cape Town by way of the Suez Canal and Dubai and had a blast the entire cruise. But for us it’s all about the itinerary, regardless of which cruise line it’s on. As far as food and entertainment goes, there are multiple options on the menus and usually cycle every 10-14 days. As far as shows go, they’re always switching guest entertainers out after 2-3 shows for new ones and unless you don’t like a specific production show, most of them are worth seeing again.

52 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Last spring we did a 33-day transpacific cruise on the Eclipse from Sydney to Vancouver by way of Hawaii. The first leg was a 3-day cruise RT from Sydney with no ports of call. We booked it as a safeguard in lieu of booking a hotel for a couple of days prior to the start of the main 30-day transpacific B2B. My Live From thread is in my signature area. I have to also say we are in our early 70s, fully retired and cruiseaholics! 😂

But seriously, it all depends on the itinerary. We went on a 38-day NCL Jade cruise from Athens to Cape Town by way of the Suez Canal and Dubai and had a blast the entire cruise. But for us it’s all about the itinerary, regardless of which cruise line it’s on. As far as food and entertainment goes, there are multiple options on the menus and usually cycle every 10-14 days. As far as shows go, they’re always switching guest entertainers out after 2-3 shows for new ones and unless you don’t like a specific production show, most of them are worth seeing again.

I just read the review you mentioned here...and you had me at no food pictures!  Great review, love your writing style.

• Thanks 1

42 days on a b3b Transpacific.  Singapore to Sydney, Sydney to Hawaii and Hawaii to Vancouver. We had an amazing time. The menus were a bit repetitive but we took a page out of Jim and Iian's playbook and ordered off the kids menu a few times in Luminae. Have to say the 4 oz steak on that menu was a perfect size after eating numerous large meals. The Grilled cheese sandwiches were a nice change although they do remove the crust.....:(

The only thing we would do different is to go in the other direction so we would gain an hour here and there instead of losing an hour.

Would love to take a world cruise some day. The DW and I both prefer longer cruises.

Cheers

• Like 1

8 years ago, wife and I did two 14 nights B2B 50th anniversary from Yokohama to Singapore.  Got to know our waiter in Blu really well!  Repeating the 14 nights menu was not a problem back then since there were many choices.  Each leg had an overnight in Hong Kong, so enjoyed 3 days there!

Posted (edited)

2023. 26-night Transpacific from Vancouver to Sydney on Solstice. 11 days later, the 40-night "Grand Voyage" cruise from Rome to Sydney via the Suez canal on the Edge.

The 2023 Grand Voyage is often cited as being the best voyage ever by many seasoned cruisers and crew. It was magical!

Edited by Nado44

On the same Celebrity ship - 53 days: Hong Kong to Singapore to Sydney to Hawaii to Vancouver. We were on a different ship for 32 days before jumping over to the Celebrity Solstice and a few week on land prior to sailing. How did I handle things - in short, without any issues. We had a house sitter, the usual bi-weekly cleaning crew, and yard keepers to take care of the property and pets. I was well entertained by going to areas of the world that I had not been to. India, Sir Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Australia, Indonesia... 

The meals, talks, and shows are repetitive, but really no different than sailing a week or two a month on Celebrity, as the menus never seem to change, and the same shows repeat over and over. My entertainment is the pleasure of meeting a changing group of people on the ship and reading books I never find the time for at home. We use FaceTime to keep in touch with family and friends and I had one zoom meeting - 8am for me and 6pm for those on the East coast of the US.  

I wanted to book a world cruise for 2025 or 2026 but my wife said no - mainly because of the pets!

We were on the last viable cruise on the Eclipse as COVID hit.

We were to be on the B2B - 14 days each - from Buenos Aires to San Diego.

On March 14th, 2020 Celebrity cancelled all cruises.  They were kicking us off the ship in Santiago Chile to fly home.  Only problem was that the Chilean government wouldn't let us dock.

450 people were already B2B.  2400 passengers were not.  They couldn't get off and 2400 passengers weren't able to board.

We cruised around the Valparaiso bay for three days trying to negotiate with the government before we finally left.  Ecuador allowed tenders to get medical supplies.  Arrived without any landfall in San Diego on the appointed day.  14 tense sea days.

Celebrity stepped up.  Free cruise, free wifi, free booze and the flight home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

We were on the last viable cruise on the Eclipse as COVID hit.

We were to be on the B2B - 14 days each - from Buenos Aires to San Diego.

On March 14th, 2020 Celebrity cancelled all cruises.  They were kicking us off the ship in Santiago Chile to fly home.  Only problem was that the Chilean government wouldn't let us dock.

450 people were already B2B.  2400 passengers were not.  They couldn't get off and 2400 passengers weren't able to board.

We cruised around the Valparaiso bay for three days trying to negotiate with the government before we finally left.  Ecuador allowed tenders to get medical supplies.  Arrived without any landfall in San Diego on the appointed day.  14 tense sea days.

Celebrity stepped up.  Free cruise, free wifi, free booze and the flight home.

We were on that one too and thought Celebrity handled our disappointment very well.  We were supposed to end in Vancouver.  We got long COVID instead of long cruise!🥲

Edited by TeaBag
  • Thanks 1

Question…. When you sail for longer trips (world cruises for example), how do you fill medical prescriptions? We have sailed 24 days straight (b2b, same cabin) so have not had to deal with more than a month at a time. Just curious-

3 minutes ago, luv2ndhalf said:

Question…. When you sail for longer trips (world cruises for example), how do you fill medical prescriptions? We have sailed 24 days straight (b2b, same cabin) so have not had to deal with more than a month at a time. Just curious-

This is a great question as it is challenging to sometimes even get a 3 mo supply.

We've done a number of longer trips (57-85 days) with as many as 6 cruises, but the longest continuous Celebrity stretch was 33 days B2B2B: Reykjavik to Boston, followed to two RT Boston cruises to Eastern Canada and New England. 

Another long X stretch was B2B2B on Eclipse out of Sydney for 30 days. We then flew to Auckland and did an 11 day self-driving tour, before flying back to Sydney to get back on for 13 days, off for 3, then on for 18 to sail to Hawaii, via French Polynesia and New Zealand.. This was all after a week in Fiji, to break up the initial flight from LA to Sydney.

Later that year, we did the reverse, flying to Hawaii, then sailing to Sydney. We went to the Outback for a self-driving tour, meeting another couple in Uluru who had been on the X cruise with us, and who were also getting on the upcoming Princess cruise that would circumnavigate Australia. Now that's a heck of a coincidence!

Ealier this year, we had originally been booked for 60 consecutive days on Millenium in Asia, following land time and a Mekong River cruise. We wisely cancelled one reverse leg, in favor of a7 day land tour of India, 3 days of pure relaxation in Bali, and a couple of days in Singapore  before getting back on for another 24 days. Then a few days in Tokyo before flying home. 

We've got a few more long trips planned, with lots of cruising, including long-ish onboard periods. However, for the first time since 2017, we do not have any Celebrity cruises booked. We have become much more interested in smaller ships and river cruising. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luv2ndhalf said:

Not an issue in the UK doctor happily issues prescription  meds for however long we need. House insurance is more difficult as "unoccupied" rules kick in after 60 days. Travel insurance which covers medical now becoming increasingly expensive due to age (upto a month is easy)  - do long trips while you are are young.

• Thanks 1