I can't believe it!

npb

We are currently b2b on the Reflection. This is our 28th and 29th Celebrity cruise plus many on RCL so we are not new to cruising.

Two nights ago, our table of three ordered two different entrées. They were both terrible so we decided to go to the Oceanview Cafe for dinner. Before we were able to leave the table, the Hostess happened by and we told her that we were dissatisfied with the meal. She picked up one of plates and offered a different entrée, the Maître' de or the chef. We declined and told her our plan to go upstairs. On the way out, we were confronted by the Maître d' holding a plate of food. My husband kiddingly told him that he owed him a glass of wine the next evening. The Maître' de followed us to the elevator where we were confronted by security. We made quite an embarrassing spectacle while waiting for an elevator while being chastised by security and the Maître de still holding a plate of food.

Believe it :) we ended up several times in the Oceanview for dinner. We were assigned "Select" had made reservations every night at the same time, the wait still was up to 30 minute wait. Staff and servers were excellent, but the system failed. We are not new to cruising either, but will pass on this the next time around. By the way, our cruise was 13 days.

I don't get it either:confused:......the Maitr'd and security stopped you at the

elevator?:eek: because you left the dining room?...something is very

weird........

BTW....hello Phil, hope you are well:)

Edited by Lois R

We are currently b2b on the Reflection. This is our 28th and 29th Celebrity cruise plus many on RCL so we are not new to cruising.

Two nights ago, our table of three ordered two different entrées. They were both terrible so we decided to go to the Oceanview Cafe for dinner. Before we were able to leave the table, the Hostess happened by and we told her that we were dissatisfied with the meal. She picked up one of plates and offered a different entrée, the Maître' de or the chef. We declined and told her our plan to go upstairs. On the way out, we were confronted by the Maître d' holding a plate of food. My husband kiddingly told him that he owed him a glass of wine the next evening. The Maître' de followed us to the elevator where we were confronted by security. We made quite an embarrassing spectacle while waiting for an elevator while being chastised by security and the Maître de still holding a plate of food.

There has to be more to the story than this. Why was security called in the first place? They don't just show up without reason. Security doesn't simply "confront" people and chastise them without reason.

Were there perhaps some raised voices or other loud (disturbing to others) noises?

This simply doesn't make sense from this side of the story.

On a cruise in March DW and I left Blu without eating only because the service was non-existent. I explained that to the maître d'hôtel in calm tones. Security was not called and on the next night, all was well with everyone concerned. I am usually quick to side with the passenger in instances such as this, but this time, something seems to have been left out of the story.

There's got to be some detail missing from this opening message......it doesn't seem to make sense nor explain the need for security to be involved.

Come on npb, tell us more!

What does "She picked up one of plates and offered a different entrée, the Maître' de or the chef" actually mean?

I do not understand why Security was involved.

They may have skipped out without paying for a glass of wine.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise next month on the Reflection. I am setting my expectations very low after all I've read pertaining to the ship and service. I'm at the point just praying the food is fit for human consumption and that I can get decent service. We chose this cruise for the itinerary so the cruise is not as important as the stops.

We've been on 10 cruises and have never had a bad one. They all have been great and hopefully this one will be also.

There's got to be some detail missing from this opening message......it doesn't seem to make sense nor explain the need for security to be involved.

Come on npb, tell us more!

What does "She picked up one of plates and offered a different entrée, the Maître' de or the chef" actually mean?

Sounds like the waitress was offering either a different entree, or to have the Maitre' de or chef come out to the table to see if they could help or at least find out what the issue was.

They may have skipped out without paying for a glass of wine.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Ahhhh.... And that would explain why security was called.

If they left without signing their drink tab, it's the same as skipping out on your bar tab at ANY bar or restaurant.

The little details are the ones that count....LOL

Ahhhh.... And that would explain why security was called.

If they left without signing their drink tab, it's the same as skipping out on your bar tab at ANY bar or restaurant.

The little details are the ones that count....LOL

Not really.

On a ship they know where to find you.

Before the drink package there were several nights where we'd leave dinner without paying for our wine. One time I went back to the dining room because I realized it and the sommelier said exactly that to me - "We know where to find you - don' t worry about it".

(We paid the next night)

Edited by chamima

No matter where we are, if there is a problem with ANYTHING, we always give someone a chance to "make things right".

If that means re-making an entree, or bringing something different, or simply apologizing that something isn't to your liking and issuing a credit - that is making things right.

It appears that these passengers did NOT give anyone that chance. I am sure that the waitress, Maitre' de and chef will all be penalized when the review of two inedible entrees surfaces.

Perhaps the chef really just wanted to know exactly why they didn't like the entrees, and the passengers didn't even give them that much.

The bottom line - if they skipped out on their bar bill - even for just one glass of wine - it's theft plain and simple.

Not really.

On a ship they know where to find you.

Before the drink package there were several nights where we'd leave dinner without paying for our wine. One time I went back to the dining room because I realized it and the sommelier said exactly that to me - "We know where to find you - don' t worry about it".

(We paid the next night)

Also, you would expect that if someone is that dissatisfied to walk out then Celebrity could stand the cost of a glass of wine!

Nothing I read recently indicates that the food on Celebrity is any better than most other cruise lines. I use to read on this board that Celebrity was a notch above most others. Have things changed that much with the the food?