Crystal Blocks

Call Crown & Anchor and ask them about it. I had the same thing happen, waited abut 6 weeks, and then called C&A. Had one in about a week after the call.

I plan to do that in a week or two but since multiple phone calls did not result in our getting either our D or D+ pins (we were repeatedly told they would be mailed) I am not holding my breath!:D

Sherri:)

We should have gotten one on our Vision cruise in Feb but did not. We asked the LA about it and were told the blocks had not arrived on the ship before embarking, so it would be mailed to us. What are the odds this will really happen?:D

Sherri:)

The same thing happened to us in January on Serenade; however, Melissa Broome, the loyalty ambassador, had a lovely presentation ceremony for all eligible. We were presented with the block, had a picture made with the Capt, etc. and then they took the block back to use for the next presentation. Our block came in the mail after we had been home about 10-14 days. She was very well organized and I was impressed.

Now, .....she did have us fill out a form with all pertinent current information (address, etc. even though they had it). They apparently send those to Miami or somewhere and then the blocks are mailed.

Do they do presentation ceremonies on most ships? I have to say I've never seen one!

We're supposed to get our first on Anthem later this year. I don't need a ceremony, I just want the block :p

I'd say about half the time we've seen a milestone recognition at one of the repeater parties

Edited by clarea

Only seen a few delivered at a C & A event. We received our most recent on Legend via cabin delivery.

Ours on the Legend came cabin delivery on the last sea day. No congrats or thank you, just the block on the bed!

The same thing happened to us in January on Serenade; however, Melissa Broome, the loyalty ambassador, had a lovely presentation ceremony for all eligible. We were presented with the block, had a picture made with the Capt, etc. and then they took the block back to use for the next presentation. Our block came in the mail after we had been home about 10-14 days. She was very well organized and I was impressed.

Same thing happened to us on Serenade, courtesy of Melissa (who is outstanding). But since we were the only ones receiving a block we got to keep it :)

Do they do presentation ceremonies on most ships? I have to say I've never seen one!

We're supposed to get our first on Anthem later this year. I don't need a ceremony, I just want the block :p

The crystal blocks are presented in a variety of ways, from being delivered to the cabin, all the way up to having a photographer take your picture with the captain. Each ship is different, depending on the HD and Loyalty Ambassador. :)

We also received ours on our bed- had seen a few presentations at Upper Tier events- but have not seen them lately.

Fran

On Explorer last month, the blocks were presented at the Top Tier party. There was reserved seating for all the couples receiving them, and a photo was taken with the Captain et al. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

I reached a crystal block point milestone last year, but I forgot to ask and didn't get it from the ship. I realized it when I was ready to sail on the Jewel, so I called C&A and asked if I could have a Jewel block. They said you can only have it for the ship you were on when you got to the point milestone to qualify for the block. I didn't know that. So, they mailed me a Radiance block, which took several weeks to arrive.

Edited by pcur

This is the story (March 17, 2015) I am getting from C&A on two blocks I never got:

"Normal delivery time for these items is six to eight weeks; however with both of these ships blocks currently on back order the process could take an additional 3-4 months. We truly apologize for any disappointment this may cause and will deliver these items as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention."

The two ships are Granduer and Quantum.

This is the story (March 17, 2015) I am getting from C&A on two blocks I never got:

"Normal delivery time for these items is six to eight weeks; however with both of these ships blocks currently on back order the process could take an additional 3-4 months. We truly apologize for any disappointment this may cause and will deliver these items as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention."

The two ships are Granduer and Quantum.

Quantum's ALREADY on back order?! Sheesh!

Quantum's ALREADY on back order?! Sheesh!

Not surprised Quantum is on back order. Many people plan cruises around acquiring them. This is the first new ship in quite a while so I'm sure there was a lot of pent up demand.

We turn Diamond + on Allure this September.Will we have to get in touch with Crown & Anchor before we sail to relieve the block?Thank you.

Blocks are given at 140 points and every 70 points thereafter. You will not receive a block just for turning Diamond+