Picture taking...

14Terry

When I first began cruising I took a digital camera to take photos. Now, I take both a cell phone (iPhone in airplane mode) & digital camera to take photos with. Times have changed. [emoji106][emoji1]

What do you take pictures with.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I take pictures with a digital camera, however I will admit I take less and less pictures each time I travel. I have found that I missed a lot of things by spending so much time looking through a camera instead of enjoying the overall scenery. The only one that looks at my pictures anyway is just me.

iPhone is my primary means of photography on cruise. I also use my Olympus Tough digital camera for when I am near the water or in a place I think I might easily drop. I can't remember the Waterproof and shockproof distances, but it's always more than I am worried about doing damage to my camera.

I find myself taking MORE pictures if other family does not travel with us. We do a family calendar every year and we like to have an abundance of photos to choose from. My grandmother, age 96, does not travel with us and photographs are the way we share our memories with her. I have to take some that will turn out reasonably well once printed, as she is NOT a digital photo person. Not that I am surprised by that at her age. Still, there's something about a hard copy picture that seems special. Much like a handwritten note. Most people don't bother, but it's still special.

I love photography. I like to photograph architecture, reportage, landscapes, seascapes and animals so when travelling I carry my DSLR with a 18 - 200mm walking around lens. It can be a nuisance, but its worth it. We have a good size electronic frame in our sitting room. Favourite shots from each place we have enjoyed together plays through a sequence. Each one transports me (and my other half when I prod him:rolleyes:) back to the day it was taken :). I don't have the same enthusiasm for photographs onboard a ship, inside a hotel or restaurant though. If I won't be coming into port, leaving it, or being out and about, I will use my iPhone or iPad if I feel the need.

Last year during my 94 day world cruise I used my digital camera, digital video camera, iphone, and ipad. Took over 3,000 photos and 100 videos. Thank goodness I didn't have to develop film to see my results.

Don

Last year during my 94 day world cruise I used my digital camera, digital video camera, iphone, and ipad. Took over 3,000 photos and 100 videos. Thank goodness I didn't have to develop film to see my results.

Don

Clearly, I'm a weakling by comparison, I only take about 600 per trip! LOL!

I don't worry about photos...if figure, if I need a picture to remember it...it wasn't worth my time.

I spent so much time trying to get a good shot, I missed the experience. Screw it... I'll remember my good time without pictures!

I take pictures with my cell phone - saves space in my bag and if I have the phone on me, I can take photos of stuff like a Coast Guard Helicopter flying over head to pick someone up from my balcony:

n6qkHavSGcfUMb3hNUF07g8YGEVCSFReozdmCQTgye0=w271-h152-p-not34wZTushMw0yphCOfAYkF1HHB4wgVlSGAY6Vl6bCzI=w270-h152-p-no

Wish, it was fully charged all the time - There's was great photo opportunities at Guest Services where people lost their minds and actually attacked them....

I use a little waterproof point and shoot Fuji for excursions involving water activities. I carry a larger Nikon camera. It's not a DSLR but it's pretty good. I bought it before our cruise tour to Alaska a few years ago.

I take very few pictures these days. All those photos from all those years, all those trips ....... I'm done with it!!!! :D I much rather enjoy the moment and whatever photos stick in my brain are the ones ultimately that matter most to me.

I use my DSLR (Canon T3I) to take most of the photos, my cell phone in spots where I don't feel like lugging around the big camera, and then my GoPro for all underwater stuff! Definitely get a DSLR if you want to take really awesome photos, and even get a lens that zooms a bit closer if you want to get great shots of wildlife.

I have both a smartphone with a good camera and a digital camera. I only take pictures with my smartphone when I don't have the time to set up my digital camera or when I need to take a panorama shot. I think I take 95% of my pictures with a digital camera (and I take a lot of them)

For me, it depends on where I'm going and if there are special things I want to photograph. If there is plenty of things I want, I'll take my trusty Nikon DSLR and it's 18-200mm lens. I love to take photos of architectural features (I mean, I took about 300 just at Segrada Familia!!) I always have my iPad Mini with me, so if something just calls to me and I don't have the Nikon, I'll take a photo.

Edited by slidergirl

For me, it depends on where I'm going and if there are special things I want to photograph. If there is plenty of things I want, I'll take my trusty Nikon DSLR and it's 18-200mm lens. I love to take photos of architectural features (I mean, I took about 300 just at Segrada Familia!!) I always have my iPad Mini with me, so if something just calls to me and I don't have the Nikon, I'll take a photo.

For a moment, I had to double check that this wasn't my post :D mine is on page one. Clearly, we are of the same mind!

I use a digital camera--my phone is still a flip phone! and doesn't take great pictures. This last cruise I also bought a water-proof camera, so I took too many underwater pictures!

I thought this would simplify my picture-taking when we had water-related tours (most of them), but I still felt the need to have my regular camera along too, so not sure that idea worked out.

I still take too many pictures and I am really the only one that looks at them much. I usually make a photo book withthe best shots using an online service.