Bring your own?

Tm100

What types of things do you bring for a touch of home comfort on your cruise? We don't like the towels, so we brin our own fluffy towels. We also bring our own plush toilet paper, soap, and water. I don't know how people use the ships thin toilet paper!

What types of things do you bring for a touch of home comfort on your cruise? We don't like the towels, so we brin our own fluffy towels. We also bring our own plush toilet paper, soap, and water. I don't know how people use the ships thin toilet paper!

I must admit you come up with some mighty entertaining subjects to post about.

Edited by davekathy

We're only gone 7-10 days so there's no need to make it feel like home. I'm on vacation and embrace the differences. Now, if I was on a 3 month world cruise, I might think of some things I would need to make the cabin more comfy. That's not happening anytime soon so I don't have to worry. :)

Hope you bring toilet paper approved for marine/ship use - you are probably one of the people clogging up the system.

Agreed as anyone with a travel trailer or motorhome would also know. All I bring as "comforts" is my own shampoo and conditioner. For people who can't leave home without pillow, towels (that's a new one to me!), egg crate mattress etc must not have to fly with one suitcase! Go for the adventure and leave those extras at home!!

I haven't cruised before so I don't know on a cruise. To other places I bring shampoo, body wash and conditioner. I sometimes bring toilet paper if I know the TP is thin and uncomfortable such as in Belize. I always bring my battery operated toothbrush.

I also bring my "My Pillow" smashed flat in a one way valve travel bag. I have purchased the internet package for my very first cruise because the idea of not being available to my four children and my 5 grandchildren is just plain scary. Maybe that will change. I am, after all, spending their inheritance on silly cruises.

For Europe, I take very little in the way of comforts of home. But I have fount the smell of vanilla often brings me back as I burn vanilla candles at home.

Smell is the sense most closely related to memory.

WOW! You are all over the place tonight, stirring the pot. Doesn't it get old?:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hope you bring toilet paper approved for marine/ship use - you are probably one of the people clogging up the system.

Nope, that's an urban myth. Chengkp75 who is a ship engineer and posts facts, gave an explanation of the whole toilet system and why regular tp does not clog the system.