Elite lapel pins

John F

If you read these boards enough, you will find that announcing your Captains Club level is really frowned upon by the masses. I know RCI gives out pins but thankfully Celebrity does not (except for Zenith I guess - and we are all jealous of those folks anyway:)). I don't mean to be insulting - just letting you know that at least based upon Cruise Critic posters, letting someone know you are Elite or whatever unless asked is not always taken well.

I've heard people mentioning on some cruises that there are upwards of 300 people who are Elites - and then there Zeniths and others (?) above this. Doesn't really equate to my understanding of the word elite, but if it floats your boat....

Edited by DYKWIA

I've heard people mentioning on some cruises that there are upwards of 300 people who are Elites - and then there Zeniths and others (?) above this. Doesn't really equate to my understanding of the word elite, but if it floats your boat....

"Zenith" is the top loyalty level, nothing above it-yet. There is a Zenith pin, but I've never seen anyone wearing it. Wonder what it would fetch on eBay?

Just pin money to your tux. That should get the point across to the plebes! Those damned inside stateroom types need to learn their place.

Sent from Al's iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by budisal

Just pin money to your tux. That should get the point across to the plebes! Those damned inside stateroom types need to learn their place.

Don't they already have those lowlies shoveling coal and pumping bilges?

We received pins on Royal and they are lying in the bottom of my jewelry box. During the cruise we got them, I lost my safety pins so I used it to repair my bra strap till I could get to the cabin to get duck tape.

Some may consider it gauche to ask about or display a lapel pin, but who could possibly fail to see the charm of a "bra strap knick-knack" that announces one's "status" :)

Great story!

Harris

Denver, CO

We are getting ready for our 78th cruise in a few days and are always proud to wear our earned level lapel pins. We are Diamond Plus on RCCL, Diamond on Carnival and so on other cruise lines that we travel on. I was very serious in my first posting. John & Priscilla