Muster Drill

richwmn

We just finished the muster drill (AKA Passenger Safety Drill) on the Zuiderdam in Vancouver.

I don't remember seeing it posted before, but attendance was taken by scanning our cabin cards.

It went very smoothly!

Rich

Copper posted a while ago they were converting to card scanners for attendance and it sounds like a way better system than calling out cabin numbers. Thanks for telling us it is in use on Zuiderdam.

Have a great cruise. :)

We just finished the muster drill (AKA Passenger Safety Drill) on the Zuiderdam in Vancouver.

I don't remember seeing it posted before, but attendance was taken by scanning our cabin cards.

It went very smoothly!

Rich

That's great news. On the Amsterdam two weeks ago it was still the shouting out of names, but I am glad to hear HAL is moving to the scanning of cards.

It went very smoothly!

Rich

Thanks for the info! I hope you and your sister have a wonderful cruise. It was great seeing you in Seattle. Say hello to Pat for me. :)

Will be on the Zuiderdam in January, so am really happy to hear about this positive change. We have long wondered why HAL didn't move to this procedure, when it would be so much easier on the passengers AND the crew.

Thanks for the info.

It went very smoothly!

Rich

That was not done in July on the Oosterdam but it sure sounds like a plan!

That's great news. On the Amsterdam two weeks ago it was still the shouting out of names, but I am glad to hear HAL is moving to the scanning of cards.

The same on Rotterdam departure August 16. Of course not all passengers were there, so it took a while. Great way they start scanning now.