Oy veh, the medallion class sail away party.

CineGraphic

I don't know about you, but we'll be on our balcony for sail away.

Thanks for sharing that.

After watching that I watched this. So after 2 1/2 years no one at Princess actually tried wearing the band and found out it doesn't stay on?!! And the guy helped devise the bands at Disney?

I agree I miss that we don't get to dance and more of hey look at our dancers! They did this to the ultimate deck party too. We went to one had a blast, next cruise went to it and suddenly it was the Love boat deck party and we spent the time watching the dancers dance and the video screen show the cast of Love boat while we stood there and clapped.......we waited til the end hoping it would open up for us...not really like it used to be...very sad. If I wanted to watch the dancers I would go to their shows in the theatre...if you are stating its a party I want to dance!

The Sailaway party looked nothing like others in the past. Passengers were just walking by it as if it did not exist. Sorry but that was the saddest party I have seen in a long time including the one at the old folks home I attended several years ago.

Does Princess really think someone is going to purchase and wear that huge ugly thing they call a lanyard in the second video. Also looking at the box it comes in what is the basic wearable item that comes with it? Apparently none.

I was somewhat appalled by the fact that the entire "sail away party" seemed to be a (cheesy) performance by crew with no actual opportunity for passenger interaction. The outfits worn by the crew were "interesting" (read as "freaking horrid"!). Hopefully this was merely a temporary aberration to try to make the initial ***** sailing something "truly special". I definitely would not have enjoyed this and would have retreated to another location.

As for the poster who mentioned the wristbands not staying in place... I watched both videos and there wasn't a single instance of this happening. While I have read that this is a problem with the wristband closures I feel that I pretty much wasted all that time watching the videos looking for the problem to occur. My bad. I "assumed" that the mention of the issue in conjunction with posting of links to the videos meant I would get to see one of those moments such as the dread BSOD during one of the huge Windows rollout sessions.

It was ok except for the boring part about the history of cruising. That part they definitely need to re-think. The show, dancers & singers, was nice but its what happen's in the 10 minutes after the video ends would be of more interest.

framer

That's sad. On most ships the entire Lido deck is filled with dancing passengers.

I agree with you there. It looked like a Disney Production. I felt sorry for the dancers trying to get the guests to participate.

Funny though: I was on the Royal Princess sailing out of Brooklyn NY for a repositioning cruise. I was impressed at the joy just watching the guests participate with the cruise staff. :)