LIVE! Muster Torture on Navigator!

Crism

Currently 85 degrees and humid in Miami. We've been standing outside in the hot sun with 1000 other people less than a foot apart for the last 35 minutes. The lady next to me on my left felt like she was going to pass out. A girl on the right has a nosebleed. I'm pouring sweat, as is everyone else.

Why hasn't this been moved inside like on other ships?

Currently 85 degrees and humid in Miami. We've been standing outside in the hot sun with 1000 other people less than a foot apart for the last 35 minutes. The lady next to me on my left felt like she was going to pass out. A girl on the right has a nosebleed. I'm pouring sweat, as is everyone else.

Totally agree...outdoor muster on Royal is terrible. Certainly they have enough indoor space to hold this indoors like other cruise lines...

At least if there is a real emergency, you'll know where your lifeboat is. I think all muster's should be outside. Do you think in a real emergency, everyone would CALMLY go to the dining room?

I think not.

Helaine

SOLAS requires the muster to be as near the lifeboats as possible, which means on any ship that has sufficient promenade deck space to hold the muster, it will be there, and will be there for the life of the ship. Only ships that have been built with reduced size outside deck areas (square footage per passenger) will have indoor muster locations, and these need to be designed from newbuild to meet the requirements of area, volume, ventilation, and number and size of ingress/egress points, as well as paths to the boats. It is not a decision the cruise lines can make to move muster locations, it must meet class and flag state approvals of meeting the requirements of SOLAS.

There’s also the opposite case, standing outside in 25 degree weather on the Grandeur in February wishing we were still wearing life jackets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Point taken. (is that why I switched my next Grandeur cruise from March to April? Nah, not really, but you have made me think that this is a benefit ;) )

At least you weren't wearing life jackets!

cruise-ship-muster-drill-news.jpg

Yeah I remember those days. First cruise wearing Life jacket from cabin to lifeboat station on Sovereign in Miami in July 1988! But OP by now realizes that Navigator isn't only ship. I'm about 50/50 on standing outside in sun on Serenade 12 times last 3 yrs...

At least if there is a real emergency, you'll know where your lifeboat is. I think all muster's should be outside. Do you think in a real emergency, everyone would CALMLY go to the dining room?

I think not.

Helaine

do you think in a real emergency everyone would calmly go to their lifeboat station. I think there are a lot of people who would forget where to go 30 minutes after the muster drill.

Don't you know that the use of cell phones or electronic devices is strictly forbidden during muster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Definitely asking for onboard credit! I swear I saw crew members up in the Diamond Lounge enjoying MY food too! Outrageous!

When speaking to Guest Services make sure to mention you saw the OBC suggestion while reading Cruise Critic on your electronic personal device during the muster drill. It never fails to get their attention.

Don't you know that the use of cell phones or electronic devices is strictly forbidden during muster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

OP, as you had your electronic device at muster you you should have been watching these safety videos to pass the time.......

OK, you might come away from Muster not knowing where the lifeboats are but you would come away in a much better mood!:D